Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

For those of you who used clomid..

preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
edited May 2013 in Trying to Conceive
For those of you that used clomid only (no trigger shot) .... what days did you take it? (and what was the reasoning behind taking it those days...ie. 3-7 or 5-9 or other option...?)

What dosage did you take?

Did it change your Ovulation date/ date of first postive opk?

Did it work? (if you already have kids or are pregnant?)
lg2wm5.png
........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
Tagged:

Comments

• CRWHNW0909CRWHNW0909 Posts: 599 ✭✭
    edited May 2013
    My BFP I started on day two I wanted to try something different this time. . Prior I always started on day 3. This was the only time I didn't trigger as well. I was on the least amount (25) and still produce a good amount of eggs. So much so, my RE wanted me to take half a pill. That cycle was crazy because I started ovulating on Wednesday night (RE appt that day stark white opk) tested for the hell of it that night and nice dark line. My RE didnt want me to start testing until Sunday but i wonder if it was because of Thanksgiving holiday, she didn't want to bother having to come into the office We went in and insemed Friday afternoon. BFP
    04/11/2011=BFN 06/08/2011=BFN 07/05/2011=BFN 11/25/2011=BFP!!
    Beta 1: 2,489 Beta 2: 5,603 TWINS!!
  • gonnabeamommasoongonnabeamommasoon Posts: 257
    edited November -1
    This BFP I did 100mg of clomid days 5-9 because there were too many follicules on my 3-7 cycle and I didn't want to chance twins or more or have low quality eggs. I normally ovulate (if I ovulate) Cd 14-18 but on clomid it seemed like day 14 always. And I never used the trigger shot. I had 1 follicule and did fresh insems cd 12-16. And I am happily 15wks preggo as you can see. Good luck!!
  • old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    I had taken clomid starting with 50 then gradually to 150...I used to use days 5-9 but was finding I was ovulating sometimes as early as day 10 or 11 so I went to days 3-7. That 150 mg is a killer though I went from mild side effects to awful migraines and my ovaries hurt a lot.
  • scorpiogrl7scorpiogrl7 Posts: 1,386
    edited November -1
    From what I have read, days 3-7 will produce more follicles, and days 5-9 will produce a good strong ovulation of 1 or 2 follicles.

I started on 50mg days 5-9, it did nothing.
    Next time went to 100mg days 5-9, I ovulated on CD 23.
    Next time, 150mg days 3-7, ovulated on CD 15.

Of course, none of those resulted in babies, so take it with a grain of salt...
    ZVvim5.png
  • shauna2710shauna2710 Posts: 769 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I took 50mg on CD 5-9. The days were chosen because my RE couldn't see me for US until CD 5. It resulted in a chemical pregnancy. My RE switched me to GonalF injectibles after that. His reasoning was that the clomid could have caused implantation issues or lining issues. He also preferred the injectibles for ladies with PCO tendencies. Anyway the 50 mg of clomid did not change my ovulation day. I still ovulated on CD 16.
    Cycle 6 was my lucky cycle! BFP!!!
    EDD 12/13/2013
    It's identical TWINS! They're GIRLS!
    7/20/2013 Sweet Baby A lost her battle with IUGR.
    8/26/2013 Feisty Baby B was born via emergency CSection 16 weeks premature
  • preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
    edited November -1
    thanks for sharing all your experiences.....decisions ...decisions :)
    lg2wm5.png
    ........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
  • daniboo0904daniboo0904 Posts: 52
    edited November -1
    Answers:

what days did you take it? (and what was the reasoning behind taking it those days...ie. 3-7 or 5-9 or other option...?) 1st & 3rd cycle took it days 5-9, because that's what the doctor told me to do. This cycle I started day 4 honestly bc i miscalculated my cycle(oops)

What dosage did you take? 1st cycle was 50mg, these two cycles 100mg

Did it change your Ovulation date/ date of first postive opk? I didn't get a positive OPK this last cycle with it and this was a longggg cycle, ovulated day 21 instead of 13 :o

Did it work? (if you already have kids or are pregnant?) Hasn't worked yet, so maybe this cycle will be lucky #4
    e0JWm6.png
  • Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited November -1
    Days 3-7: produces more eggs
    Days 5-9: helps to ripen the egg(s)
    The protocol that is used should be based on your hormone imbalances. For me, my FSH was high so I needed the 5-9 protocol.

I used 50mg, ovulated 2 days late, conceived first try.
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg