Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Fertility Monitors

diane&tammydiane&tammy Posts: 1,467
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Hi everyone, my wife and I are new to this and we are going to be starting our first at home insemination in Sept.
I've been using the Clearblue easy o sticks but have been wanting to get the full monitor but couldn't get passed the price! lol
Anyway I found it today at CVS.com for $119.99 plus found a $15 off coupon and free ship so thought I'd pass it on:

http://www.cvs.com/shop/product-detail/Clearblue-Easy-Fertility-Monitor?skuId=856432

Coupon code: FIFTEEN

Also we are using donor 385A and am wondering if anyone has used him?

Comments

• neumeyer84neumeyer84 Posts: 248
    edited November -1
    I'm sure they are well worth the price, but if you're not quite ready to spend that and want something easier to read you may want to consider the CBU smilie tests. This was the first month I ever used it, and loved the ease and accuracy as it matched up with my temping and other signs:)
    TTC #1
    7 plus iui- all BFN
    On to IVF this June!!!
    IM PREGNANT!!!!:))
    http://s964.photobucket.com/user/neumeyer84/media/IMG_0192-2_zpsgqdxmihe.jpg.html
  • scorpiogrl7scorpiogrl7 Posts: 1,386
    edited November -1
    I never got a monitor, and this is why: if gives you MORE days to inseminate, not fewer. I didn't see the point of having a wider window when doing AI with frozen swimmers. Isn't it better to have it down to ONE day with ONE LH surge? I tended to jump the gun anyway and if I'd had a monitor telling me I was approaching my peak, it probably would have driven me nuts.

Also, you can have several "high" days of high estrogen, but not get a peak, then have another high estrogen, then finally a peak.

So basically, I'm not saying don't get one if you really want one,but I think it works better for people who have access to fresh sperm on a daily basis.

Cheapie Wondfo OPKs backed up with Clearvlue Digital Smiley's (the original, pink ones, not the new purple ones) worked best for me.
    ZVvim5.png
  • jaime527jaime527 Posts: 157
    edited November -1
    I used the CBE fertility monitor the first several months, what I didn't enjoy about it with working night shift and getting up at odd times you had to set yourself in to testing at the same time every day (which I know you're supposed to do but I just couldn't because of my schedule).

So, if you want to try one for free, I'm happy to ship you mine! I can hospital sanitize it and you can just buy yourself strips. That seems gross, but thought I'd throw it out there!
    w6xpm7.png
  • xxluvmyfiremanxxxxluvmyfiremanxx Posts: 77
    edited November -1
    I have the ovacue. It was tricky the first couple of months but it tells me when im close and when I've ovulated which I loved! I still find I use OPKs to double check that everything meshes but I feel it was worth the money.
  • diane&tammydiane&tammy Posts: 1,467
    edited November -1
    jaime527 wrote:
    I used the CBE fertility monitor the first several months, what I didn't enjoy about it with working night shift and getting up at odd times you had to set yourself in to testing at the same time every day (which I know you're supposed to do but I just couldn't because of my schedule).

So, if you want to try one for free, I'm happy to ship you mine! I can hospital sanitize it and you can just buy yourself strips. That seems gross, but thought I'd throw it out there!

Thank you for the offer that was so sweet! :) I actually already ordered it from cvs though.
    I've been using the smily CBEs but my cycles change so often they've become impractible. Lol
    Hopefully the monitor will help with timing. I'm planning on testing from day 14 on.