Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at [email protected] with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Implantation bleeding/spotting?

OneSmallStepOneSmallStep Posts: 1,685
edited August 2013 in Trying to Conceive
We are currently 10dpi, at 4dpi DW saw a spot of blood when she wiped. She hasn't had any since then, and with Lil D she had that happen the day before we got a BFP - she said that time it was slightly more, but only the one incident and not that much more than what she saw this time. She's tested at 7 & 8 dpi (knowing it was statistically speaking very unlikely to show a bfp) and got a BFN each time. Yesterday, at 9dpi, she noticed some lotiony discharge and tested also with a BFN. Unfortunately, she doesn't remember if she has had that type of discharge regularly, so we have no clue if that is any help. Today I don't think she tested, I didn't get a chance to ask her before she left for work - and there was no test left sitting waiting for me to look at like she normally does, so I assume she didn't test.

Mainly, what I'm wondering is whether or not the spot of blood was implantation bleeding, or if not what else it might have been? Any thoughts?

I feel like this tww is dragging on and I know we are technically still so early and with our second we got a BFP on 11dpi and it was faint and with our first it was 14dpi/day before af... but still I feel like I'm going crazy wondering what is going on. I wish there was a light that would just "go off" as soon as conception happens! LOL

Thanks!
Hubby of kopykat451
TTC #1 5/16/11 = BFP 14 DPI / TTC #2 11/16/12 = No O; 4/12/13= BFN; 6/9/13 = BFP!! (11 DPI) - MC 5wk5dys / TTC#3 3 BFN's and 4th try 10/21/13 = BFP!!!! (Squinter at 10dpi!)
AVPCm4.png
stitchlove_3_2013_zpsdd668ea6.jpg
2014.png

Comments

• ReadytoTryReadytoTry Posts: 234
    edited November -1
    4dpi is a bit early for implantation bleeding I think. From what I've read, a fertilized egg takes about 4 days to travel down the fallopian tubes before implantating. Did you do an IUI? I had a little tiny spotting a few days after my IUi procedure.

Good luck! I hope this cycle is a BFP for you two.
  • OneSmallStepOneSmallStep Posts: 1,685
    edited November -1
    Nope, not an IUI, we did ICI. It's definitely early, but from my research I've found it isn't out of the realm of possibility. Because of the potential that the egg had already dropped when we did it and they met in the tube. I've also read it could potentially mean that it implanted someplace it shouldn't... :-/
    Hubby of kopykat451
    TTC #1 5/16/11 = BFP 14 DPI / TTC #2 11/16/12 = No O; 4/12/13= BFN; 6/9/13 = BFP!! (11 DPI) - MC 5wk5dys / TTC#3 3 BFN's and 4th try 10/21/13 = BFP!!!! (Squinter at 10dpi!)
    AVPCm4.png
    2014.png
  • preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
    edited November -1
    Not sure on the bleeding... but I have to say... your wife is so lucky to have a husband who is so supportive and into this process as you are! And, second, love the comment about having a light go on as soon as conception happens!
    lg2wm5.png
    ........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
  • GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    You know I don't want to poopoo on anything, but when was the last time you guys, *ahem* were intimate? I only ask because I occasionally have some pink spotting after intercourse, but sometimes as much as 3 days after. So a drop on 4dpi COULD be that you scratched the cervix a little bit, or from sex. Or, it could vey well be implantation bleeding, which is exactly what I am going to be crossing my crossables for :)

How do they REALLY know how long it takes for an egg to implant? I got BFP's on 9 and 10 dpi,I know FlowerGirl had one BFP at 8DPO, so really, maybe some eggies are just speedier :)
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
    edited November -1
    It was two days after, so that could have been it. We thought since it didn't happen the day after that it wouldn't have been that... aw man.. was really hoping it was implantation! LOL... I know we are only 10dpi and bfn's mean nothing at this point... but was really hoping it was implantation bleeding and we'd get an early bfp!
    Hubby of kopykat451
    AVPCm4.png
    2014.png
  • GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    Update??
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
    edited November -1
    Unfortunately AF showed up today. :-( so we are at cd1 and praying/wishing/hoping we have enough vials!
    Hubby of kopykat451
    AVPCm4.png
    2014.png
  • tyme2risetyme2rise Posts: 1,087
    edited November -1
    Sorry... fingers x for this cycle
    Some day my dreams will come true!
  • graceinflgraceinfl Posts: 1,743
    edited November -1
    No!!!!! Hugs
  • Jccwill3Jccwill3 Posts: 687
    edited November -1
    Aww. SO Sorry. Hope you guys get 'em next time. FX.