Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at [email protected] with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

I feel like such a newbie... timing + more preseed & cup help please!!

OneSmallStepOneSmallStep Posts: 1,685
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
So this is our third cycle since the mc, and we only have two vials left of my son's donor. The one we are about to try, and the one that is in storage. I'm feeling the pressure and really starting to worry that we won't have another baby. I'm trying to keep my fears to myself though so as not to stress DW out. But right now I'm feeling like I may be somehow messing it up and questioning my timing. Ok, so here's where we are at:

She's suppose to O tomorrow, yesterday she had very close but not positive OPK's on FRER's all day long, there was one around 4 that was completely negative, but we think we may have tainted the specimen, tmi, as she was very turned on at that point. Typically she's gotten positives from around 11am-4pm in the past cycles, so that info is important. Today she was negative on both CBE and FRER around 6am, at 10ish she got a positive on the CBE but the FRER was not quite positive. When she got home, it was about 5 hours since she had last gone and now she isn't positive on any tests, but there is a faintish line - she could have held it too long and caused it to be a diluted test. Cervix looks open, and at first it appeared to be some ewcm, but the more she tries to check it now it seems more lotiony.

We are trying to figure out timing, with our son we went 6 hours past the CBE OPK, and that was about 18 hours past the FRER one. With our second baby we went 9 hours past the FRER one, but we're not sure if maybe we did it too early and it was a slower swimmer that found the egg and if that was what caused the mc - or if it was the fact that she had hand, foot, and mouth disease during the TWW and had one day of a high fever. With the two subsequent tries we did 21 hours past FRER/CBE/Wondfo (all came up at the same time) and the second try was approx 13 hours past FRER. Both BFNs.

She tends to O closer to the surge, so that's why we don't want to go past that. She's previously felt what we think were "o" pains and they were within a 24hr period after the +OPK. Her cycle has been pretty regular with a variation of one day, so 27-28 days.

Also, we have pre-seed and are back and forth about using it. I beleive preseed can't go in the cervix at all, but I also wanted to put some just inside of the cervix. So I was wondering if I put some of the preseed in, and then deposit the swimmers in the cervix and then that way the preseed is on the outside for any of the swimmers that end up outside and might need some extra help? We also are planning on putting in a cup after I deposit the swimmers, should I put some of the swimmers in there too? Or just use it as more of a "cork" (as in, just to try to block any leakage.)

Any suggestions? I feel like such a newbie and I'm feel like I'm questioning everything so any advice would be great, please and thanks!
Hubby of kopykat451
TTC #1 5/16/11 = BFP 14 DPI / TTC #2 11/16/12 = No O; 4/12/13= BFN; 6/9/13 = BFP!! (11 DPI) - MC 5wk5dys / TTC#3 3 BFN's and 4th try 10/21/13 = BFP!!!! (Squinter at 10dpi!)
AVPCm4.png
stitchlove_3_2013_zpsdd668ea6.jpg
2014.png

Comments

• GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    Get her to put her butt up as far as possible propped on pillows, put the swimmies JUST inside the cervix, then use the cup as a cork! Its ok to feel like a newbie, it's stressful!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • JayJayJayJay Posts: 1,192
    edited November -1
    It is very stressful and so easy to question yourself after a few failed tries. But try not to overthinking things too much! I almost feel like the fact that you were a lucky first timer with your son puts you at a bit of a disadvantage now because it makes you question things when it doesn't happen right away now. Try to remember that some months just aren't the month even if you do everything perfectly. It sounds like you both have a very good handle on her cycle....try to stop questioning yourselves and go with what you know! Ican totally understand that running out of your dons donor makes you feel panicky....I would feel the same way. But you know I you can't have a full bio sibling that's okay. My sister is not my full bio sib and honestly it couldn't matter less. We are not half siblings....we are just sisters! I hope you do have a full sib and like I said I want that for my son too. But I also know of for whatever reason that doesn't work out whatever little siblings I give him will be perfect.

It wouldn't hurt to add a little pressed near the cervix, though if you are going into the cervix I don't think it's necessary. But it's one of those can't hurt might help things :-)
  • aplusaaplusa Posts: 1,919
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't put pressed in the cervix as I think it can cause uterine cramping if it gets in there. Anyone have experience with that? Perhaps you can put the sperm in to the cervix and then coat the outside of the cervix with preseed after?

As for everything else. Eek. I'm sorry, OSS. I can only imagine how stressed you are about this. We never got the whole insemination thing down, so I don't have any advice on that. Do you all do any meditations? It may not help your chances, but it will at least calm some of your nerves.

(I should take my own advice. I'm a constant stress ball.) ;)
    7NZpm4.png
    Lucky Cycle 14: IVF!! Antagonist Cycle with Lupron Trigger
  • OneSmallStepOneSmallStep Posts: 1,685
    edited November -1
    Thanks everyone, your words really helped me to step back and calm down. We went with 12 hours past +OPK, we used preseed around the cervix, I deposited the swimmers just inside the cervix, and then we put a cup in. So FX and praying that our third time will be our charm, TWW here we come!
    Hubby of kopykat451
    TTC #1 5/16/11 = BFP 14 DPI / TTC #2 11/16/12 = No O; 4/12/13= BFN; 6/9/13 = BFP!! (11 DPI) - MC 5wk5dys / TTC#3 3 BFN's and 4th try 10/21/13 = BFP!!!! (Squinter at 10dpi!)
    AVPCm4.png
    stitchlove_3_2013_zpsdd668ea6.jpg
    2014.png
  • JayJayJayJay Posts: 1,192
    edited November -1
    Fingers toes and eyes crossed for you!!
  • FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited November -1
    Everything crossed for you guys!!!
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg
  • GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    Sticky, stubborn baby dust sent from Jose to you!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • The k familyThe k family Posts: 36
    edited November -1
    Oh wow!! Best of luck!
    8RbZacP.jpg8RbZm6.png