Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

I Panicked and Inseminated Early

tyababyhopestyababyhopes Posts: 113
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
You know that feeling you get when you start AF and it feels like you're leaking. Well, that leaking feeling woke me up this morning (the one day I got to sleep an hour late :( ). But, my brain is linked to my thermometer so instead of running to the bathroom I rolled over, peeled back the paper on my thermometer and stuck it in my mouth. It was .47 higher than yesterday. THAT woke me up the rest of the way. Then, I go to the bathroom and no, it's not midcycle AF, it's an abundance of EWCM. I never get that much or that clear. Granted, this was the first month I tried Mucinex but I didn't take the 12 hour kind. I took the 4 hour kind and only took it a few times over the course of 3 days. It couldn't have helped that much.

Yesterday at my u/s the doc saw 2 follicles, both over 2cm (2.2 and 2.6) and she actually said, "Whoa. Twins." That's a whole other post. Anyway, she told me that she felt my timing was off and that I was really on CD13 not CD12. I explained that I was spotting the day before CD1 but full flow didn't start until around midnight so I didn't start counting until the next morning. She then asked if I'd gotten a +OPK. I said no, it was negative a couple of hours ago. We decided to go ahead and trigger as soon as I got home. So, I triggered yesterday at 1:30pm and got my first +OPK at 3:30pm yesterday. I was supposed to insem tonight at 5:30pm so I could make a late flight for a business trip.

I know the trigger can mess up temping but that was a big jump. Plus, my follicles were already so big at the u/s the day before. I thought, "I'm missing it. I'm ovulating now." So, I hurried and set everything up and insemmed. I tried to do an ICI but there was so much EWCM that I couldn't see the hole. I tried to guess but the mirror kept slipping, then the flashlight rolled away. I got so frustrated that I finally just did an IVI right onto the spot I thought was close to the cervical opening. This time I laid there with my feet in the air for 20 minutes and then put in an Instead Cup. Even if those things help a minuscule amount, I'll take it.

Now that I've calmed down I'm worried that I insemmed too early. I'm over 40 and everything I've read says the normal time tables get moved up. So maybe I'm okay????? AAGGGHHH...

I'm keeping a detailed journal of my TTC attempts and I wrote a note to myself that I've done nothing but second guess myself for months. My brain hurts.
dpo-1415340000z5z28z15.png
#1 - August - BFN, Clomid and Pregnyl
#2 - September - BFN, Clomid and Pregnyl
#3 - October - BFN, Clomid and Pregnyl
#4 - November - TWW, Progesterone CD 16+
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    JayJayJayJay Posts: 1,192
    edited November -1
    I dont know, it sounds like your timing was good to me! How many hours before you woke up was your ultrasound?
  • Options
    blkbrd3blkbrd3 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't have a good answer for you. In my opinion my RE inseminated way too early in my cycle. It's their practice policy to inseminate the morning following an OPK change. Per their policy I was inseminated 16 to 24 hours before I would have gotten a smiley.

While I think I ovulated more than 24 to 36 hours past insemination, it really didn't matter. At least one swimmer lived long enough to meet my egg, bond and implant.

I guess what I'm getting at is try to relax. Sperm can live for a long, long time in the female reproductive tract. I hope this is your cycle. If it isn't, you learn and you move on. Either way you did your best.
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    Personally I think your signs are good. Just sit back relax and hope for the best. You can really drive yourself nuts over this and stress can do more harm...Good Luck to you.
  • Options
    aplusaaplusa Posts: 1,919
    edited November -1
    The trigger can totally inflate your temp. It did one cycle, but not the others. When it did, I has not ovulated yet.

Given your + OPK, which I would doubt would be positive with two hours from the trigger, that all sounds like pretty excellent timing!

Good luck!
    7NZpm4.png
    Lucky Cycle 14: IVF!! Antagonist Cycle with Lupron Trigger
  • Options
    tyababyhopestyababyhopes Posts: 113
    edited November -1
    Thanks everyone. My u/s was 21 hours before I insemmed. I guess I'll see what happens in two weeks. Today I met my first donor sperm mom in person. She was so awesome and gave me some good advice.

I go through phases of very calm and relaxed about TTC and then I have emotional moments and stress. I think because I want to so much. If it's supposed to happen it will. I can take care of my health and do what I need each month and recognize that I can't control EVERY aspect.
    dpo-1415340000z5z28z15.png
    #1 - August - BFN, Clomid and Pregnyl
    #2 - September - BFN, Clomid and Pregnyl
    #3 - October - BFN, Clomid and Pregnyl
    #4 - November - TWW, Progesterone CD 16+
  • Options
    MoedoMoedo Posts: 254 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    "If it's supposed to happen it will. I can take care of my health and do what I need each month and recognize that I can't control EVERY aspect."

Hi tyababyhopes,

I think you have a great attitude about this process. Your first post made me laugh - the flashlight rolling away part especially. Knowing me, this is how it will be for me too. But such is life. :)

All you can do is make your best guess at when the time is right and then go for it! Breathe deep, and best of luck w/ your tww. :)
    The best is yet to come! :)