Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Any pregnancies with Donors 877 or 1586?

smykalssmykals Posts: 7
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
My wife and I are interested in Donors 877 and 1586, and we wanted to see if anyone has had successful pregnancies with 877 or 1586?

Unfortunately, we experienced a chemical pregnancy with another donor.
Tagged:

Comments

• yhhfan15yhhfan15 Posts: 67
    edited November -1
    I tried 1586 but no luck :(
    You might want to double check because I think he just had some vials in quarantine and they should be released soon.
  • RedHeatherRedHeather Posts: 600 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm currently in TWW from 877, planning to test on Dec. 9th. I really hope NW gets some more redheads soon! It looks like the recent release for 1586 was his last, since it now lists him as "not currently donating." And one of my vials from 877 was dated 11/12/12, so I'd imagine he's getting close to done as well.
  • smykalssmykals Posts: 7
    edited November -1
    I was kinda taken back at the lack of Auburn/strawberry blonde/red that they had. Thanks for Sharing. Wish you the best.
  • 2NewMoms2NewMoms Posts: 394
    edited November -1
    We've been using 877 with an RE for the past 6 months and have had no luck. The motility percentage is very low which isn't helping. My wife is a redhead so we are really limited in the donors we pick. I've had countless tests done (HSG, Blood, etc) and the RE told us to switch donors because this one clearly isn't working. So, I'd pass on 877.
    GiRUm5.png
    BFP at IUI #18
    kkyvm4.png
  • yhhfan15yhhfan15 Posts: 67
    edited November -1
    Yeah I was disappointed in the redhead department as well not very many choices. I wanted to use 877 but his vials are always sold out. He is a new donor and travels a lot so it takes him awhile to come back for tests.

2newmoms- I'm sorry to hear that. His profile was the only pictures I bought. Very cute but his his sperm isn't working I would move on to

Good luck :)
    edited November -1
    smykals wrote:
    I was kinda taken back at the lack of Auburn/strawberry blonde/red that they had. Thanks for Sharing. Wish you the best.

Yeah, I'm single with auburn hair, so REALLY prefer a redhead. Though, I do have a back-up donor who doesn't look much like me but has a personality similar to mine, just in case the redheads are sold out the next time I try. I'm on a limited budget, so I can't afford to stock up on vials for future attempts. And I only want one kid, so I'm not worried about preserving the potential for full siblings.

The only bank I've found with a decent selection of redheads is California Cryobank, but they are insanely expensive. I might use them if I end up going to an RE, but there's no way I'd pay that much for a vial to use at home (not sure if they even allow home delivery).
  • 2NewMoms2NewMoms Posts: 394
    edited November -1
    He's probably always sold out because we bought so many vials! 6 were used. 3 just came out of quarantine and the remaining are in quarantine to be released in 2014. We bought enough for siblings, but by the looks of it, we may need all those vials for just one child!
    GiRUm5.png
    BFP at IUI #18
    kkyvm4.png
  • JetKinJetKin Posts: 2
    edited November -1
    I know this is a really old topic but I'd love to hear if anyone using 877 has had success?
    I did 5 failed IUIs and went to IVF. They never said there was a problem with the sperm until the day of egg retrieval. Low motility after thawing and recommended to do ICSI. I'm now waiting to hear how many make it to blast
    edited November -1
    There have been a few posts from ladies who had success with this donor. If you search the full forum (selecting all the boxes in the search screen), the posts should come up.