Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

My Baby's Tiny Urn-(pic)

WannabeasinglemamaWannabeasinglemama Posts: 969
edited November -1 in Miscarriage/Loss
My miscarriage story: http://iamtryingtoconceive.com/topic/33391/miscarriagepreterm-laborstillborn-16w5d/

Here is a picture of my Baby Landon's tiny urn. It's made from metal (pewter, maybe) and sits in a velvet blue box. I have tiny rosary beads from Italy that have real rose petals for beads (I had this, as my friend bought it for me years ago). The beads fit perfectly around the top. Do you see how little the urn is? :( There are about two tablespoons of his ashes inside (my friend is a funeral director, and she took care of this for me-Thank God).

RIP my sweet boy!

34ilcw3.jpg
Nicole-SMBC-39y/o-TTC since Jan. 2013
IUI~BFP (BORN STILL) AT 16w5d 4/3/14
Chemicals~IUI 7/24/14;8/21;BFNs~9/25;10/19;IVF#1-2/21/15~No embies made to blast.
IVF#2-BFP~4/16 trans. 2 embies
MIdqadD.jpgMIdqm5.png
mf0Km4.png

Comments

• Options
    dustysmomsbdustysmomsb Posts: 185
    edited November -1
    This is beautiful.
    Me (29) SMBC to beautiful boy (4) and TTC #2.
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited April 2014
    Following the losses that my older ones experienced, I found keepsake urns to be a great comfort. The 15 year old has a butterfly necklace with a tiny bit of ashes inside. The 12 year old has a teddy bear. I also have a bracelet for when he's older.

The loss of a child is not something you ever get over, but with time the pain is not so overwhelming. Keeping you and your angel baby in my thoughts!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    starfish2318starfish2318 Posts: 243
    edited November -1
    Our daughter was stillborn at 39 weeks, am when I went to look at urns I lost it. They were so tiny. I am glad we cremated her though,because we have the option to always have her ashes no matter what. I am so so sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    aplusaaplusa Posts: 1,919
    edited November -1
    Thank you for sharing.
    7NZpm4.png
    Lucky Cycle 14: IVF!! Antagonist Cycle with Lupron Trigger
  • Options
    syoung0204syoung0204 Posts: 504
    edited November -1
    That is very beautiful. And I am so so sorry...
    tt1d79f4
    tt1b89c8.aspx
  • Options
    JayJayJayJay Posts: 1,192
    edited November -1
    I haven't been around for a long time, but I just popped in to see hats going on. I remember you from when you were TTC and I am so heartbroken to hear that you lost your son in such a terrible way. I really can't imagine what it would be like and sorry isn't nearly enough. HUGS
  • Options
    TheOtherLovingMomsTheOtherLovingMoms Posts: 1,481 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is such a tiny urn. I wish I would have cremated my little girl and had her ashes instead of burying her in a cemetery but I was in no shape to make decisions back then and let my parents handle it all. I can imagine all the emotions you felt when you received it. It is beautiful and Ty for sharing.
    IGXwm4.png
    I just turned 50 and fabulous!!! Enjoying life with my amazing family!!
    Mom to Rachel 33, Bethany 30, Rebekah 30, Zachrey 20 and several angel babies
    Grandma to Larissa 11, Brittney 11, Trevor 11, Destiny 7, Jayvin 6, Jackxon 3, Kaleb Joshua Rian 1. Grandbaby #8, Sariah Grace born 11-17-16
  • Options
    edited November -1
    This is beautiful.

Thank you. Wish I didn't need it.
    Chemicals~IUI 7/24/14;8/21;BFNs~9/25;10/19;IVF#1-2/21/15~No embies made to blast.
    MIdqadD.jpgMIdqm5.png
    mf0Km4.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Zen wrote:
    Following the losses that my older ones experienced, I found keepsake urns to be a great comfort. The 15 year old has a butterfly necklace with a tiny bit of ashes inside. The 12 year old has a teddy bear. I also have a bracelet for when he's older.

The loss of a child is not something you ever get over, but with time the pain is not so overwhelming. Keeping you and your angel baby in my thoughts!

I'm so happy I did get his remains. At first I didn't want them. I had my friend seal the top with apoxy, or else I'd get a necklace.
    MIdqadD.jpgMIdqm5.png
    mf0Km4.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Our daughter was stillborn at 39 weeks, am when I went to look at urns I lost it. They were so tiny. I am glad we cremated her though,because we have the option to always have her ashes no matter what. I am so so sorry for your loss.

My friend had brought two to my house. One was a blue heart, and then this one. She said she had more at the funeral home, but I didn't even want to look at them and have a big "choice" to make. I chose this because it fit so perfectly in my hand.
    MIdqadD.jpgMIdqm5.png
    mf0Km4.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    syoung0204 wrote:
    That is very beautiful. And I am so so sorry...

Thanks. I'm watching your progress bc you were right behind me!
    MIdqadD.jpgMIdqm5.png
    mf0Km4.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That is such a tiny urn. I wish I would have cremated my little girl and had her ashes instead of burying her in a cemetery but I was in no shape to make decisions back then and let my parents handle it all. I can imagine all the emotions you felt when you received it. It is beautiful and Ty for sharing.

Personally, I don't want to be buried, that's why I didn't bury him. At first I thought I'd sprinkle his ashes (I want to be sprinkled). But I changed my mind. I like having them here. Maybe when I die, whoever sprinkles me can sprinkle us together.
    MIdqadD.jpgMIdqm5.png
    mf0Km4.png
  • Options
    Jen727BFJen727BF Posts: 2,304
    edited November -1
    Many hugs....
    183190fb-4512-4f04-a781-76af2d6d42b0_zpsrvzisual.jpg
    TTC No. 2 since Aug. 2014; IVF #1 - Cxld; IVF #2 - BFN
  • Options
    caliejonescaliejones Posts: 222
    edited November -1
    There are no words to express my sorrow for you, loosing a child is just wrong. I am so sorry and I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. ((((Hugs))))
    34t6ff7.jpg
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    It is nice you can have him with you forever. I found a place that made necklaces with tiny footprints, angel wings ect. I love it as a memory of the babies I lost. If it make you feel better no matter how you want to remember your child it's the right thing to do!