Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

My miscarriage story :(

WannabeasinglemamaWannabeasinglemama Posts: 969
edited November -1 in Miscarriage/Loss
(Reposting here in our new forum)

At about 16w it felt like I had a bowling ball in my uterus. The pressure was unbelievable. At 16w4d I felt weird twinges and had brown spotting all day. I had an OB appt and when I went in, my CM turned pink with a spot of red. OB did an internal and saw blood from cervix and scheduled an US next day to check cervical length. Didn't make it that long.

That night at 1:30am I started having mild contractions. They lasted 35-45 seconds and came every 3-5 minutes. They felt like strong "bowl movement" pains. On a pain scale, maybe a 3 or 4. No serious pain. I went to ER at 4:30am.

When I got there we heard HB on Doppler. Pain got a smidge worse. 4-5 scale. Then my water BURST! I felt insane bubble pressure on my bowel and then it popped. :( Pain then went to a 5-6. (Still no pain meds). Shortly after I felt more fluid. Now it was blood. Did a Doppler, no HB. Doc felt fetal tissue, and I passed him with the next contraction or two. I had no more contractions after this. Just had to pass placenta. It was THEN that they offered Dilaudid. I accepted it just to feel "numb." Since I felt no more contractions, I just decided to push, and then I expelled everything else. Sigh. He lay between my legs for about 30-45 minutes until they took him away.

So, I guess the question in all this is why does someone who supposedly has a normal pregnancy go into preterm labor? OB said I had no infection and didn't have an incompetent cervix bc I had contractions.

Has anyone here had this happen? Contractions, water break, delivery in their second trimester, but never knew there was a prior problem? This happened all so fast!

When I get up the energy I will pick up pathology report at hospital. Those things rarely give answers, but we shall see. I have decided I do want to try again, although I'll be an anxiety ridden mess. I have a consult with a high risk OB first that my friends used and said he was amazing and mega proactive. Not sure "when" I will go back to RE, but know I want to try again.
Nicole-SMBC-39y/o-TTC since Jan. 2013
IUI~BFP (BORN STILL) AT 16w5d 4/3/14
Chemicals~IUI 7/24/14;8/21;BFNs~9/25;10/19;IVF#1-2/21/15~No embies made to blast.
IVF#2-BFP~4/16 trans. 2 embies
MIdqadD.jpgMIdqm5.png
mf0Km4.png

Comments

• insearchofadonorinsearchofadonor Posts: 73
    edited November -1
    I'm so very sorry for your loss. :-(
  • jennandersonjennanderson Posts: 133
    edited November -1
    I am so terribly sorry for your loss. I had a very similar loss experience with a second trimester miscarriage. It was so extremely painful, and this month would be his first birthday. It's so hard. Hugs to you, momma.
    "Mama Jenn"
    SDS(2)
    ~waiting on my rainbow ~
  • old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    I am so sorry. I have had several miscarriages...have stopped TTC-developed other health problems...I never made it to 12 weeks so I never experienced anything like what you went through. Please don't give up...when you are ready you will know it and I hope you try again and things work out next time.