Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

First period after my miscarriage

WannabeasinglemamaWannabeasinglemama Posts: 969
edited May 2014 in Miscarriage/Loss
Today it's been exactly one month since my loss on April 3, 2014 when I had a natural MC at 16w5d. Yesterday, at 4w1d since my MC AF showed up in the morning. It was red blood and a light flow and today it's heavy (as usual), yet I don't have any blood clots yet (blood clots are normal for me). I have no cramping, either (which is also normal). I expected a heavy, painful period after my MC.

I was actually surprised AF came so "soon." My total MC took two weeks to be over, though the last 3-5 days were brown spotting and not consistent. I thought I'd be sadder when AF came, but I wasn't. Just happy for my body to be "normal" again. I will be trying in the future, though I have no idea on a month yet.

Just wanted to share in case anyone Googles "first period after miscarriage" like I did.
Nicole-SMBC-39y/o-TTC since Jan. 2013
IUI~BFP (BORN STILL) AT 16w5d 4/3/14
Chemicals~IUI 7/24/14;8/21;BFNs~9/25;10/19;IVF#1-2/21/15~No embies made to blast.
IVF#2-BFP~4/16 trans. 2 embies
MIdqadD.jpgMIdqm5.png
mf0Km4.png

Comments

• Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mine was lighter too, I had heard it could go either way, but "different" was what everyone agreed on.
    It is kind of reassuring to have "normal" back.
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited May 2014
    Yes, after all my miscarriages...I lost them all early...it was just like my body reset itself and got right back on track. I will add though as I started to add fertility drugs to the picture I started to have more painful ovulation and periods.
  • Options
    F2M n SpouseF2M n Spouse Posts: 1,021 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My first period after the D&C was very painful even though I didn't have many clots and I'm talking to the point I thought I was going to pass out from cramping so badly! Since the miscarriage my AF length went from 5days with 4 being heavier days and 1 day of spotting to 5 days of heavy bleeding/lots of clots and 2 days of heavy spotting. So now I get a whole wonderful week of a period :D ....hope you felt the sarcasm. LOL.
    rs4mis.jpg
    28i0tph.jpg
  • Options
    WannabeasinglemamaWannabeasinglemama Posts: 969
    edited May 2014
    Update: Bled for a week. Seems as though my body popped right back to normal. Got EWCM yesterday and today CDs18&19. My usual O day is 20 when not on Clomid. But I'm not trying this month.
    Nicole-SMBC-39y/o-TTC since Jan. 2013
    IUI~BFP (BORN STILL) AT 16w5d 4/3/14
    Chemicals~IUI 7/24/14;8/21;BFNs~9/25;10/19;IVF#1-2/21/15~No embies made to blast.
    IVF#2-BFP~4/16 trans. 2 embies
    MIdqadD.jpgMIdqm5.png
    mf0Km4.png