Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Ectopic Update Geeeeeze!

LOWIFEYLOWIFEY Posts: 85 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Miscarriage/Loss
Long story short i was given the methotrexate shot for early ectopic at 6 weeks because my numbers were 6,000 but nothing can be seen on the ultrasound at the ER..... 3 days later my numbers were 13000 still no cramping no bleeding i am now being told to go get another ultrasound to see why i still have all my symptoms and my numbers are doubling because it may have not been ectopic but still too early to see the baby. All i could do is hang up the phone.
GOD CAN And HE WILL
PRAY about EVERYTHING. WORRY about NOTHING

Comments

• F2M n SpouseF2M n Spouse Posts: 1,021 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like what I went through with my doctors office! It was a back and forth game where one minute it was a healthy pregnancy then the next the baby isn't far enough along or isn't there. I would get a second or third opinion. I know I certainly did and I didn't get a D&C until I would've been 10 weeks and by then I know you should be able to see a baby and heartbeat and didn't!

But it's not uncommon for your numbers to still increase when the pregnancy has ended, I know mine did for a couple more visits. But I would think at 6 weeks something would be visible because at my 5 week appt they were able to see the yolk and gestational sac.

But I hope for the best and that you get some answers soon.
    rs4mis.jpg
    28i0tph.jpg
  • LOWIFEYLOWIFEY Posts: 85 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you my doctor says he fear that a fibroid was hiding it but we will see even if the baby can be seen now i have the medicine in my system which causes defects so either way its a loss. I just thank God i was able to get pregnant with one tube and many issues so we are a step further than we were last year. Thank you so much. :)
    GOD CAN And HE WILL
  • hopeful2014hopeful2014 Posts: 428
    edited November -1
    That would be horrible if they gave you the methotrexate and the baby was actually in your uterus.

I hope they're following you closely with both bloodwork and ultrasound. I didn't have the sharp pain on one side like you read about are typical with ectopics. Instead I had very uncomfortable gas pressure-like pain and two 30 minute incidents on consecutive days of bright red bleeding. Ectopic was suspected but ruled out during my two ultrasounds that second day. I had something sac-like in my uterus (pseudo sac likely) so I first had a D&C but no embryonic tissue was found (and I hadn't passed any during my bleeding incidents) so I had another beta and it had risen despite the D&C so I had a laparoscopy where it was confirmed to be ectopic. At 6 weeks 4 days, my HCG was 6000.

Methotrexate becomes less effective the higher the HCG rises and apparently it isn't unusual for it to rise during the first few days after the shot.

Either way, it's a devastating situation. I hope you get answers soon and my thoughts are with you!
    35 years old - SMBC * 3 ICIs, 6 IUIs, 1 ectopic, 1 chemical, blocked left tube.
    Lucky #10 - IVF!
    Two sweet baby girls (IVF 2015, FET 2017)
  • old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited May 2014
    That is awful...what a place to be in. My thoughts will be with you too.
  • islandmoms2bislandmoms2b Posts: 254
    edited November -1
    I am so sorry about your situation. This makes me nauseous just thinking about the way hospitals can pressure patients for an easy fix without investigating further. I'm so sad for you ladies. Hopefully your cycle will start soon and you can move on. Hugs
    6 tríes in 2013-2014 ...... all BFNs
    FET of 2 DE July. 2015....BFP!!! 1st beta 734! 2nd beta 1,881!
    Expecting TWINS!! Woah!!
  • kelleymelkelleymel Posts: 1,402
    edited November -1
    Oh, how horrible. I'm so sorry!!
    TTC #1: BFP Cycle #11 IVF (2014)
    TTC #2: IVF April 2017
    BFP: FET Due February 2018
  • LexnaniLexnani Posts: 398 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow that's crazy! So sorry!
  • WannabeasinglemamaWannabeasinglemama Posts: 969
    edited November -1
    Any update?
    Nicole-SMBC-39y/o-TTC since Jan. 2013
    IUI~BFP (BORN STILL) AT 16w5d 4/3/14
    Chemicals~IUI 7/24/14;8/21;BFNs~9/25;10/19;IVF#1-2/21/15~No embies made to blast.
    IVF#2-BFP~4/16 trans. 2 embies
    MIdqadD.jpgMIdqm5.png
    mf0Km4.png
  • LOWIFEYLOWIFEY Posts: 85 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    First off thank you ladies so much. After so many up and down heart breaks and wishful thinking i was given the shot two more times and it finally worked i feel like we aborted a child we wanted so badly. On a more positive note it saved the only tube i have so we will be able to try again. Thank yall so much this forum really helps through it all.
    GOD CAN And HE WILL