Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

MC Pathology report-Placental Abruption

WannabeasinglemamaWannabeasinglemama Posts: 969
edited November -1 in Miscarriage/Loss
So I took it upon myself to get the pathology report from the hospital from my MC/stillbirth. It said I had a lot of blood clots within and outside the placenta. The finding was placental abruption. Landon was a "well-formed, well-preserved stillborn male fetus." :( So he was perfect inside and out!

I took the report to a high risk OB. He sent me for a set of 13 blood tests to check for thrombophilia (blood clotting disorders). He told me to take the supplement Pregnitude and low dose aspirin. Then if the findings show I have a disorder, he may make me take Heparin to thin out blood. I wait a month to see him again and won't be trying until he gives me the okay.
Nicole-SMBC-39y/o-TTC since Jan. 2013
IUI~BFP (BORN STILL) AT 16w5d 4/3/14
Chemicals~IUI 7/24/14;8/21;BFNs~9/25;10/19;IVF#1-2/21/15~No embies made to blast.
IVF#2-BFP~4/16 trans. 2 embies
MIdqadD.jpgMIdqm5.png
mf0Km4.png

Comments

• Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Does it help to have more information? I had my mc at home, so no option for more info. :/
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    WannabeasinglemamaWannabeasinglemama Posts: 969
    edited November -1
    K&H- Yes, getting the report was a bit like "closure." I knew 100% that I did nothing wrong. And when I try again I can take aspirin and maybe Heparin if needed.
    Nicole-SMBC-39y/o-TTC since Jan. 2013
    IUI~BFP (BORN STILL) AT 16w5d 4/3/14
    Chemicals~IUI 7/24/14;8/21;BFNs~9/25;10/19;IVF#1-2/21/15~No embies made to blast.
    IVF#2-BFP~4/16 trans. 2 embies
    MIdqadD.jpgMIdqm5.png
    mf0Km4.png
  • Options
    JustThe5OfUsJustThe5OfUs Posts: 61
    edited May 2014
    I am glad you found closure and are open to trying again in the future. We are still thinking about you and baby Landon.
  • Options
    aplusaaplusa Posts: 1,919
    edited November -1
    I am glad you know you did nothing wrong. He was and is a perfect little guy. I wish you much luck and comfort as you continue moving forward.
    7NZpm4.png
    Lucky Cycle 14: IVF!! Antagonist Cycle with Lupron Trigger
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    I am glad you found the answers to let you move on. I know a mom who too had the bloodclotting problem, got treatment and eventually had twins...so I am glad you are checking the situation out to see if you need treatment. I hope your next try will bring you your baby.
  • Options
    starfish2318starfish2318 Posts: 243
    edited November -1
    Self blame is terrible. My DP still blames herself for our stillbirth. We chose not to do an autopsy. I have struggled with that decision. But literally when we handed her over for the funeral home to take her away was when we were asked about autopsy. I just couldn't.

I am so glad you have some sort of closure and you will not blame yourself. I know it is so hard to find out nothing was wrong with him. It is a very difficult process, and I wish you peace as you move forward.
  • Options
    Jen727BFJen727BF Posts: 2,304
    edited November -1
    That was smart of you to seek out the answers as it appears you are now getting the help you need. Hopefully this Dr. can help you so you can try again. I know this must be hard. Lots of hugs on this part of your journey. Take care.
    183190fb-4512-4f04-a781-76af2d6d42b0_zpsrvzisual.jpg
    TTC No. 2 since Aug. 2014; IVF #1 - Cxld; IVF #2 - BFN