Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Missed MC, the waiting is hard

grendlesgirlgrendlesgirl Posts: 6
edited November -1 in Miscarriage/Loss
I was so excited to get pregnant at 38, unmedicated, with at-home insemination, only to find out at the first US (8 weeks) that there was no HB and I am now waiting to miscarry. It has been 10 days with nothing.

I feel like the world has stopped.

At least the "turkey baster" worked. I have no children. I wonder if I ever will have one : (

Comments

• Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am so so sorry for your loss. I had a missed mc in dec. I didn't actually bleed until 12 weeks and the pain and process was much more painful than I expected. I was glad that I was able to be at home, and to go through it without medication. But if I had known at 8wks I don't know if I would have been able to just wait. For me, I kept gaining weight and thinking I was pregnant until 12 weeks, and the crash of hormones afterward was incredibly intense.
    It's been six months and we haven't tried again to ttc. We hope to soon, but the recovery has certainly been much more than I expected.
    Do you have a friend you can talk to or text with? I found for myself that I didn't want to talk to anyone. But I had a friend who had lost her son that I could text and she understood the complex emotions I was feeling. There were days when we texted for hours and days when we didn't text at all. She was and still is my lifeline and we continue to talk about anything and everything ttc and loss related.
    My mc was very difficult for me, more so than I ever thought it would be. People on this board are so helpful, anytime you need to talk, we're here for you.
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    eemabirdeemabird Posts: 74
    edited November -1
    I am so sorry for you. We are going through something similar right now. I know there are no real words that can bring you comfort right now. I hope you are able to find some peace.
  • Options
    WannabeasinglemamaWannabeasinglemama Posts: 969
    edited November -1
    Just wanted to say I'm so sorry for you loss. Xoxoxox
    Nicole-SMBC-39y/o-TTC since Jan. 2013
    IUI~BFP (BORN STILL) AT 16w5d 4/3/14
    Chemicals~IUI 7/24/14;8/21;BFNs~9/25;10/19;IVF#1-2/21/15~No embies made to blast.
    IVF#2-BFP~4/16 trans. 2 embies
    MIdqadD.jpgMIdqm5.png
    mf0Km4.png
  • Options
    emlklg444emlklg444 Posts: 645
    edited November -1
    I know this is an older post... But I'm going thru the same thing now. I'm 38 too, and wonder if this is it for me? I pray there are still some good eggs left for me. We want very much to give our daughter a brother or sister. So we will keep trying!! Don't know if you even check this forum anymore, but I'm so sorry for your loss. Please don't give up. Your BFP and healthy pregnancy will come. (((hugs)))
    1st daughter born 9/26/2013 (bfp 2nd attempt at home ICI)
    2nd daughter born 3/8/2016 (bfp after 7 attempts at home ICI, 2 miscarriages, 1 D&C)
    age 36 evtim8.png
    age 39 K8qxm7.png