Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

BFN at 10DPI is this too early?

Magnolia323Magnolia323 Posts: 185
edited June 2014 in Trying to Conceive
My partner and I are currently on our tww from my first insem on June 11. We are now 11dpi. I took a pregnancy test yesterday afternoon at 10dpi but it was negative. I know it was a little early to test but I was hopeful. I've had breast tenderness since 4dpi and spouts of mild cramping throughout. This has been the longest 11 days of my life- it seems. I truly empathize with those of you who have been waiting and trying to become pregnant. I felt the chemicals in my whole body change once that test showed up negative. I'm feeling quite depressed. I'm still trying to think positively since I tested early. I used first response. The pamphlet said it would be 76% accurate 5 days before AF and 96% accurate at 4 days before AF. I also didn't use my first morning urine.
:/ Question: if my AF spans from 33-40 days apart, am I to wait from my day of ovulation all the way to next missed AF/the few days before to test? Or do I only wait the 2 weeks since I'm assuming most tests are basing the two week number on the common 28d cycle??
Any help would be great. Good luck to you all in waiting!
Ms. Magnolia
HSG- June '14
#1 IUI @ Dr's- June '14 {BFN}
#2/3 IUI/ICI @Dr's and Home- July '14 {BFP!!!}
Baby BOY was born April '15

Comments

• K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    11dpi is definitely too soon. I would probably test at 14dpi and then if your period is much later than that, maybe a week later test again.
    Good luck!
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Magnolia323Magnolia323 Posts: 185
    edited November -1
    K&H wrote:
    11dpi is definitely too soon. I would probably test at 14dpi and then if your period is much later than that, maybe a week later test again.
    Good luck!

Thanks! I'll be retesting soon. I only had the one test and am stopping myself from buying another. I should have just waited in the first place!
    Ms. Magnolia
    HSG- June '14
    #1 IUI @ Dr's- June '14 {BFN}
    #2/3 IUI/ICI @Dr's and Home- July '14 {BFP!!!}
    Baby BOY was born April '15