Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

1st attempt BFP (baby #2)

emlklg444emlklg444 Posts: 645
edited November -1 in BFP Database
We are so so so happy to report that we were successful on our 1st try, at home, unmedicated IUI attempt. We used exactly the same timing as with our daughter, and insemmed at 12, 24, and 40 hrs past +opk. We used the same donor as with our daughter, so they will be full siblings. DW said my cervix looked closed every time she tried to put the catheter through...so she ended up depositing the sperm just outside the opening. At 11dpo I tested & saw a faint shadow of a second line. It's now been a week since then and each day I've tested the line has become darker & darker... and now matches the darkness of the test line. We've decided that a blood test isn't necessary, and will get an ultrasound at 8 weeks to check for a heartbeat. Hope & pray we make it that far with no problems! Still amazed this happened so quickly, we truly expected it would take several attempts. Please stick little one, your mommies & big sister can't wait to meet you :)
1st daughter born 9/26/2013 (bfp 2nd attempt at home ICI)
2nd daughter born 3/8/2016 (bfp after 7 attempts at home ICI, 2 miscarriages, 1 D&C)
age 36 evtim8.png
age 39 K8qxm7.png

Comments

• Jenkins2014Jenkins2014 Posts: 78
    edited November -1
    Congratulations!!! that is so exciting and I love how close your babies are going to be in age!! Happy & Healthy 9 months to both of you!
  • emlklg444emlklg444 Posts: 645
    edited November -1
    Congratulations!!! that is so exciting and I love how close your babies are going to be in age!! Happy & Healthy 9 months to both of you!
    Thank you! yes, if all goes well our babies will be 18 months apart.... and hopefully the best of friends :)
    2nd daughter born 3/8/2016 (bfp after 7 attempts at home ICI, 2 miscarriages, 1 D&C)
    age 36 evtim8.png
    age 39 K8qxm7.png
  • emlklg444emlklg444 Posts: 645
    edited November -1
    I just read this again... so depressing. Too good to be true... ended in miscarriage at 8weeks.
    age 36 evtim8.png
    age 39 K8qxm7.png
  • 2mommies70782mommies7078 Posts: 74
    edited November -1
    So sorry emlklg444 :-( I hope this year brings us both our BFP and healthy babies..
    39 TTC baby # 1 for 4 years. Starting IVF in January.