Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at [email protected] with any questions.

worth a second insem or should we send the second vial back?

eemabirdeemabird Posts: 74
edited August 2014 in Trying to Conceive
Hello! I'm interested in opinions on whether it's worth trying with our second vial this month or if we should save it for next try (of course, I hope that there isn't a necessity for a next try, but it helps me stay sane to immediately start planning ahead to the next round of ttc...well, it helps a little; I don't actually manage to stay sane:-)

I got a +OPK at 2pm yesterday. This was earlier than I expected and necessitated me immediately packing up my car and kids and driving 500 miles to get home in the middle of last night while panicked that I was going to O any minute, but whatever. At least I was smart enough to order the tank early, so it was home waiting for me. I insemmed early this morning at 15 hours post +OPK. I went to sleep and woke up four hours later; took my temp--no temp rise; POAS--opk still positive. So looks like timing was good there! Yay!

In the past, I've always ovulated pretty close to +OPK. Almost always within 24 hours or so. But this is my first try post-miscarriage and my body is definitely different than what I'm used to.

What would you do in this situation? Would you keep testing and insem if OPK is still positive? If so, at what interval? Around 12 hours after the first insem (which would be like now)? 24 hours later (on the theory that the sperm can last 24 hours)?

If the OPK I took a minute ago is negative, do you think it's worth doing a second insem at all? Or would you send the vial back? I know that it's ideal to have the sperm waiting for the egg, but is it ever worth trying if you know you just O'd?

Looking forward to hearing your responses!
Tagged:

Comments

  • hoping2bmomhoping2bmom Posts: 7
    edited November -1
    If it is still positive and you were planning to do two vials this cycle I say go for it.

    Good Luck!
  • PatienceisavirtuePatienceisavirtue Posts: 777
    edited November -1
    I say go for it tonight. There was no temp rise this morning and I think I read somewhere that the egg is still viable for 6-12 hours after ovulation and then it starts to degrade.
    TTC #1: 1-5 BFN; 6- BFP
    TTC #2: since June 2016...
  • leahleah Posts: 228
    edited November -1
    I would do one more just to be on the safe side.
    d5bbb078-585d-43c0-91b2-f2c2a9235078_zps6a880375.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.