Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

CD 11 scan

Jen727BFJen727BF Posts: 2,304
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
So I had my CD 11 scan this past Tuesday. I have 1 dominant follie measuring at 13 mm and 5 other follies measuring under 10 mm, so probably ones that will not mature. So my follies are growing very slowly. The RE said it was fine, that sometimes it happens, but I'm concerned. She did mention cancelling this cycle if they do not grow sufficiently. I don't know how late she will trigger, but I will find out.

I also found out my ovarian reserve is diminishing due to age. I expected this and new it was likely at 37.5 years old, but hearing it confirmed has really thrown me for a loop. I am so sad and wonder if I missed the opportunity to conceive via IUI. I just want to cry.

Anyone ovulate late on Femara? I've read some stories where some women ovulated cd 18 - 21.

Any Femara success stories? I know a couple of you who did not have success, just wondering if it worked for some of you.

I go back tomorrow, CD 14 for a new u/s. I've been feeling ovary pain, so I'm hoping the follie has done some growing!
183190fb-4512-4f04-a781-76af2d6d42b0_zpsrvzisual.jpg
TTC No. 2 since Aug. 2014; IVF #1 - Cxld; IVF #2 - BFN

Comments

• Options
    jajumommy2000jajumommy2000 Posts: 445
    edited November -1
    No advice sorry, but how did they find out the reserve is diminishing?
    Shilo 40 :( (me) Tony 44 (DH) DH Vasectomy
    1-3; 5-6 iui-BFN 4th iui-BFP!!!!! cp 4w3d 7th IUI 9/26-BFP!!!! cp 5w2dthumb.png
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    edited November -1
    CD 3 or CD 21 bloodwork. I can't remember which one.
  • Options
    coteamykcoteamyk Posts: 58
    edited September 2014
    Hi Jen! Forgive me if any of this is repeat business, I can't keep track of what I've said on both boards LOL

I was also diagnosed with DOR, I just turned 33 and my AMH was 1.1. Originally when my doctor gave us that diagnosis in July, she said she didn't have much hope that IUI would work for us, that IVF was probably our only option. She said we could try to cycles of IUI before making the switch. I left the office in tears.

Then she put me on Femara and I had two follies this month, 17mm and 22mm (I think) and we did B2B IUIs. She seemed much more optimistic after my second IUI so I asked her if her outlook has changed at all, and she said that I was responding well to the medication and we are probably good candidates for IUI now. I can't say I am a success story yet, because I think we are out this month, but I won't know for sure until Monday. Even if we are definitely out, I still have a lot of hope for the next cycle. And if we can do a third I'm going to ask her to try the injectables. I think a lot of ladies has had success with that.

I actually ovulated a little early with the Femara, I started surging on cycle day 12 even before she gave me the trigger on day 13. And that was even more strange because my period on the Femara was definitely longer, eight days. So the time between the end of my period and ovulation was like 4 days. But when I saw the size of the follies and realized they were ready to go, I didn't even question it.

Don't lose hope yet, wait-and-see with the medication can do for you :)
    Amy (33) & Morgan (29)
    TTC #1

14500768710_dbbc1b3d24_q.jpg
  • Options
    kelleymelkelleymel Posts: 1,402
    edited November -1
    My wife was diagnosed with DOR about a couple of years ago. Her AMH is .89 . After 8 at home attempts and 2 IUI's, we decided to do IVF. We were really thrown by the news, as my wife was only 33 at the time. It doesn't mean you won't get pregnant. She responded well to Clomid for both IUI's, it was just too expensive for us (about $3000 per IUI b/c of all of the ultrasounds). Had it been cheaper or covered by insurance, we probably would have done a few more IUI attempts.

Good luck. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.
    TTC #1: BFP Cycle #11 IVF (2014)
    TTC #2: IVF April 2017
    BFP: FET Due February 2018
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you ladies for sharing your experiences.

cote - it wasn't repeat business! no worries :). I am so glad your RE restored your hope on conceiving with IUI, which coincidentally restores mine too! Thank you for your thoughts.

kelley- how is your wife feeling?

I'm kind of terrified about IVF and really want to try to avoid it. When I started on this journey, I had said I would stop if I couldn't get pregnant via IUI. The other day though, I was researching IVF, so I don't know what I will do, but I do know that if we have to go in the direction of IVF, we would have to wait more time for financial reasons.

So there is some good news at today's scan! I went from 1 dominant follicle to 2. Left: 18 & 12 and Right: 17 & 12. My lining was at a 6, so the RE wants me to trigger tomorrow night for an IUI on Monday morning (36 hours later) to allow my lining to get a little thicker. She wants at least a 7.5, but would rather see it at 8. So I'm hoping for more lining now!
  • Options
    Magnolia323Magnolia323 Posts: 185
    edited November -1
    Good luck!!!!!!!!
    Ms. Magnolia
    HSG- June '14
    #1 IUI @ Dr's- June '14 {BFN}
    #2/3 IUI/ICI @Dr's and Home- July '14 {BFP!!!}
    Baby BOY was born April '15
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you!
  • Options
    lsaeedrnlsaeedrn Posts: 382
    edited November -1
    In order to get that lining thicker drink raspberry tea, sit on your couch and put your legs up on the wall (as if almost hanging off the couch, but don't let your head hang down). Drink some pomegranate juice and start eating your Brazil nuts. I also took a baby aspirin a day...within a day or so my uterine lining was where it needed to be.

I'm happy to hear that your follicles are looking better, and hopefully the trigger will give you a little better numbers.

Best of luck with your IUI.
    Me(39) SMBC
    Tubal ligation(1999), Adenomyosis, Endometriosis
    DS (19 week preemie) DS (24 week preemie) ^^IC^^ Daughter(19) and Son(14) ^^FET #1: BFP...7 week mc (triplets). FET#2: March 2015(chemical) IVF #3: April 2015
  • Options
    kelleymelkelleymel Posts: 1,402
    edited November -1
    I'm glad your follies are cooperating! Those are good numbers! Can they give you estrogen before trigger and a progestrone suppository after? That helped my wife's lining.

Don't be afraid of IVF, if it comes to that (which I hope it doesn't). Ivf was SO much easier than temping and checking OPK's. Once we made a calendar of which meds to take on which day, it was super easy.

My wife feels good, thank you for asking. She's not allowed to return to work, which takes away a lot of her time off after birth, but I'll be off, so it's ok. Not what we planned, but I guess with kids, that's par for the course, so we should get used to it!
    TTC #1: BFP Cycle #11 IVF (2014)
    TTC #2: IVF April 2017
    BFP: FET Due February 2018