Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Old retired donors

coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
Anyone that has been around a while know if they got any baby photos from old donors from before they offered this option? Just curious.
July 4, 2015
image_2.jpgu

Comments

• Options
    EMG_RELEMG_REL Posts: 2,379
    edited November -1
    I wish!
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png
  • Options
    aplusaaplusa Posts: 1,919
    edited November -1
    They had told us that if you specifically asked NW for your donor, they would do their best to reach out to that donor and ask.... But I don't think they got too far. :(
    7NZpm4.png
    Lucky Cycle 14: IVF!! Antagonist Cycle with Lupron Trigger
  • Options
    MNmommasMNmommas Posts: 1,081
    edited November -1
    They kept telling us that ours was going to be released soon but after a few months of that, it changed to "they haven't gotten back to us yet". At this point I'm guessing we're just out of luck.
    Donor 7070, births 2012 & 2013
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    If I am remembering correctly, one of our families (may have been me, that's how bad my memory is. Don't do drugs children...) contacted nw and he denied the request. Not surprising since he went from willing to be known to NOT.
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    Jen727BFJen727BF Posts: 2,304
    edited September 2014
    One of our sibling families contacted NW and asked if they would contact the donor to see if they were willing to provide a pic and she was told no, they would not reach out. So I don't know what is their protocol.

ETA: We would love a pic!
    183190fb-4512-4f04-a781-76af2d6d42b0_zpsrvzisual.jpg
    TTC No. 2 since Aug. 2014; IVF #1 - Cxld; IVF #2 - BFN
  • Options
    kelleymelkelleymel Posts: 1,402
    edited November -1
    I wish our donor had a photo. The donors we used before our pregnancy all had baby photos, but we just really liked this donor's profile, so we went without. Now that the baby is almost here, I would love the comparison. I guess it doesn't hurt to ask. I don't think many people have used our donor over the years. Maybe he hasn't been asked?
    TTC #1: BFP Cycle #11 IVF (2014)
    TTC #2: IVF April 2017
    BFP: FET Due February 2018
  • Options
    Alicia&JeffAlicia&Jeff Posts: 221
    edited November -1
    Our donor has a photo being offered. I haven't decided if I want to see a baby photo of him or not. Who am I kidding I am dying to see it but I am also nervous lol. We bought our donor about 4 or 5 years ago. So I am surprised he has a photo.
    10649769_10204486101662930_3242907762882339026_n.jpg
  • Options
    unojokerunojoker Posts: 5
    edited November -1
    My partner lost my sons records and nwcrynobank doesn't have the records due to being so long ago my son is 12 he ask about finding his father I have no idea how to go about even getting a copy of his profile I think his donor number was 0126
  • Options
    sara291sara291 Posts: 1,042
    edited January 2017
    From contact with them
    I was under the impression that they contact even the older donors every 6-months for medical updates and did reach out for baby photos to older donors.
    From a tad bit of contact and research I know my donor was in the program for about 10 years and left shortly before the photos were available. They reached out and he wasn't interested.