Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

BFP at 13 DPO! Will it stick?

serenachancey19serenachancey19 Posts: 6
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Hello!

My name is Serena.I am 23 years old. I have been ttc for 2 short months. I used to ovulation tests, monitored cervical mucus, and cervical position. This is my second month trying, I inseminated twice, 24 hours and 38 hours past opk. The day of my missed period I tested using Wondfo and FRER and got a strong positive!!! I feel so overwhelmingly blessed. Unfortunately the same day as my BFP I had a horrible cold and even a high temperature. I took Tylenol, because I was worried about my temperature affecting my pregnancy. I also have started going through some very extreme stress, I recently lost a job, and my mother who is mentally ill has been staying with me since my father kicked her out and her condition seems to be declining. To make matters worse, DP and I have been fighting like crazy since the BFP (no hitting or violence). Because of all this I am extremely worried about my chances of miscarriage. I don't want stress or that cold to be increasing my chances especially since this is my first pregnancy. I've also had tons of cramping everyday since. Is this good or bad? I have tested every morning since and my BFP's are getting darker everyday. I also feel like vomiting every morning and intermittently throughout the day. I just want to know if there is any way to know if I will face an upcoming miscarriage and do I have a lot to worry about?? Any help would so very appreciated!!! Thank you

Comments

• Options
    JennSMBCJennSMBC Posts: 44
    edited November -1
    Congrats on your bfp! Unfortunately there is no way to know 100% if it will stick or not. I can tell you that I had lots of cramping the first few weeks after my BFP and am almost 9 weeks and bean has a healthy heartbeat. Good luck to you, and congrats again!
    BFP 11/28. Praying my rainbow baby is a sticky bean!
  • Options
    katookatoo Posts: 324
    edited November -1
    Congrats on your BFP! I only had one day of cramping after my BFP, but my RE warned me not to be concerned if there was more. As far as miscarriage risk, you can use the Clear Blue Easy Weeks estimator pregnancy test for some reassurance--this article discusses it: http://hereandnow.wbur.org/2013/09/11/test-miscarriage-risk
  • Options
    wasnervouswreckwasnervouswreck Posts: 356
    edited November -1
    Well yes you are under stress but your pregnancy isn't doomed even with cramping. One of the most common reasons for cramping besides the uterous growing is dehydration.
    The only way to be sure you are having a miscarriage is to go through it, unless that happens you should try to enjoy your BFP
  • Options
    babybabybabybaby Posts: 1,564
    edited November -1
    most first trimester miscarriages are the result of chromosomal abnormalities rather than anything else. with a chromosomal abnormality, you could be carried around on a pillow, be surrounded by pollyannas, listen to sade and enya all day, and still have a miscarriage. likewise, with a healthy embryo, there isn't a whole heck of a lot you can do to disrupt it. working in an infant room at a daycare center, my sister has seen a number of foster kids come in who are recently weaned from narcotics. when i was pregnant with my oldest daughter, i fought with her dad constantly, was threatened with suing for custody, cried myself to sleep A LOT as well as suffered hyperemesis gravidarum with a 25lb weight loss. with my youngest daughter, i underwent emergency cholecystectomy at 12 weeks pregnant as well as hg with a comparable weight loss to the first. i now how two completely healthy girls. try to relax and enjoy your pregnancy. i know it's hard when it means so much to you.

here's to a H&H 9 months!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Wow! Thank you everyone so much! I was just freaking out since I've literally cried everyday for the last week and been under a tooon of stress. I'm just a serious worry wart. I'm also not able to eat much. My stomach feels so acidic and sour and everything that goes in my mouth just makes me wanna throw up! I am drinking Ensure now. I'm assuming pregnancy symptoms are a good thing though? Another weird thing I've noticed is cramping as I'm peeing. It feels like my cramping gets way worse while I'm peeing sometimes then just goes away? hmmmmm?
  • Options
    merryshannonmerryshannon Posts: 503
    edited November -1
    I am hoping that all will go well for you! I really like what babybaby said, it actually makes me feel a lot better about my own situation right now too. I'm right there with you on the whole stress and anxiety thing at the moment. ;) But the nausea you're describing sounds like a really promising sign! Keeping fingers crossed that your little bean sticks and grows strong and healthy! <3
    2ekr8s1.jpg
    Early ovarian failure. 4 failed ICIs, 6 failed IUIs. Donor Egg IVF in Greece: IVF#1 12/2014 - BFP, miscarried at 6WK3D. IVF #2 4/2015 - BFN. IVF#3 7/2015 - BFP. Baby boy Searc born 4/8/16 - 9lbs, 2 oz <3

TTC Blog
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you merryshannon! I'm not sure if it's an upset stomach related to pregnancy or stress!