Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Smiley OPK warning

wasnervouswreckwasnervouswreck Posts: 356
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
I am so disappointed in the Smiley OPKs. I used to really stand by them, but they did not work for me this month at all.

Since this month I am using meds and going all out bought the expensive smiley type OPKs to pinpoint my O. I was going to buy the cheaper lined test to double check the smileys but they were sold out at two pharmacies in town and two stores.

I started to get really copious amounts of EWCM Saturday CD13 ( strange on 100 mg clomid) , I checked my cervix and I was about 75% and neg OPK..... I knew O was coming early so I checked two times yesterday also both negative. Then luckily for me I felt a trickle of fluid and my pain went away on my R ovary and found I was spotting. I AI'd immediately. I felt my L ovary stop hurting two hours later. Those eggs chewed their way out.

I am so glad that I could feel the mittleschmertz and had spotting or I'd still be hanging onto that tank until CD15 my usual day to O.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    melandfomelandfo Posts: 490
    edited November -1
    I am sorry your cycle was stressful!! I am glad you were able to catch it by your other signs!

I always have to test 5 times a day to catch my surge! I have a shorter surge and when I only tested 2 times a day I would miss it. Especially on meds. Maybe try testing more frequently if you need to try again but hopefully you wont need to! =)
    Courtney and Melissa
    TTC # 1 w/PCOS & Hypothyroid
    17 cycles finally BFP
    tt1c499a.aspx
  • Options
    islandgalislandgal Posts: 71
    edited November -1
    Are you able to blood test for surge. Takes a huge amount of stress away and timing is then bang on. Hoping it worked for you this month.
    SMC
    06/2002 Angel baby always in my heart. Miscarriage at 13 weeks. Laprascope and DnC
    04/2011 DIUI w Clomid. Nov 2011 Beautiful Baby girl.
    01/2015 DIUI w Clomid BFP 10dpo....little bean is doing well due Oct 02, 2015
  • Options
    wasnervouswreckwasnervouswreck Posts: 356
    edited November -1
    I can't blood test this month , But I am almost certain that I caught it in time. Hopefully there wont be a next time.

I usually like to AI before the egg releases. IDK if it is better to AI and have the sperm sitting there before and take the chance of them dying off before the egg is released or have them racing to the egg on the day of ovulation . Time will tell.
  • Options
    emlklg444emlklg444 Posts: 645
    edited November -1
    This has been what's happened to me for the last 2 months.... the smiley's cannot be trusted anymore :(
    Hope this is the last try for you and you're looking at a BFP in 2 weeks :)
    1st daughter born 9/26/2013 (bfp 2nd attempt at home ICI)
    2nd daughter born 3/8/2016 (bfp after 7 attempts at home ICI, 2 miscarriages, 1 D&C)
    age 36 evtim8.png
    age 39 K8qxm7.png