Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

LGBT childrens books

ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
I can't get the link to work but there was an article on brain picking dot org.
image_zps64579b54.png

Comments

• Options
    syoung0204syoung0204 Posts: 504
    edited February 2015
    Thanks, Shanny! Pinned it for later. Not sure about the grandma one, but the others look marvelous! Especially the first one and the "King and King". I like the art! Thanks again for the share.

Edit: http://www.brainpickings.org/2015/02/16/best-lgbt-childrens-books/
    tt1d79f4
    tt1b89c8.aspx
  • Options
    PatienceisavirtuePatienceisavirtue Posts: 777
    edited November -1
    Seriously, there is something about that grandma one that creeps me out....

Thanks Shanny!
    TTC #1: 1-5 BFN; 6- BFP
    TTC #2: since June 2016...
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    The Montessorian in me loves the Grandma one the most based on its realism. Not sure all the others would even be allowed in a M classroom!
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    syoung0204syoung0204 Posts: 504
    edited November -1
    Maybe it's a generational thing, but pushing that "lesbian" label really gets to me. The real reality is that I'm just a girl who likes girls, the same as I am just a girl who likes strawberry ice cream, but only the blue bell homemade vanilla kind :).
    tt1d79f4
    tt1b89c8.aspx
  • Options
    melmel Posts: 793
    edited February 2015
    Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla is one of the biggest things I miss about Texas!
    Jjr6m5.png
  • Options
    KariKari Posts: 1,765
    edited November -1
    The kids picked out a cute library book this week based on a true story about two boy penguins who chose each other as life mates. In mating season they would build a nest and take turns sitting on a rock. The zoo veterinarians replaced the rock with a real egg one year from another Penguin family that didn't have a good track record, and they hatched the egg and raised the baby Penguin. It's called "and Tango makes three."
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png