Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Ovulation after 40...

ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
I am 42 (and a half) - NOT TTC. But I have noticed the last couple of months that I am getting the physical signs that I am ovulating twice in one cycle. Day 12ish and then again 5-7 days later. Not sure what is going on but I did find a study from 2003 in Canada that reported 10% of women in the study ovulated 2 x per cycle and that many more had 2-3 surges to gear up for ovulation that didn't end up resulting in an egg being released. My friends boss has "twins" that were conceived 9 days apart so I know it does happen!

If I were TTC at 42/43 I'd probably think this was great news. As it is, I do find it fascinating but at the same time I don't appreciate it adding to my worry about conceiving when I am not wanting to!
image_zps64579b54.png

Comments

• ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    The science behind change-of-life babies :)
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    Haha. That reminded me of Downton Abby!
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • babybabybabybaby Posts: 1,564
    edited November -1
    be careful! "one and done" might end up being "wheeee! it's three!" ;)
  • melmel Posts: 793
    edited November -1
    ^ I just tried to click 'like' on that post. :)
    Jjr6m5.png
  • ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    I almost threw up when I read that post!

Kate would like nothing more (so she thinks). Tonight at bedtime she picked out 2 stories, 1 for her and 1 for her brother. Well played child, well played.
    image_zps64579b54.png