Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

DreamWorks HOME

michgirlmichgirl Posts: 406 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
Anyone know if DreamWorks New movie HOME is "scary"? The boys really want to see it but I honestly don't know a lot about this movie.
f1xTJgw.jpgf1xTm5.png

Comments

• Options
    MNmommasMNmommas Posts: 1,081
    edited November -1
    Here's the IMDB parents' guide page about it: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2224026/parentalguide?ref_=tt_stry_pg
    Donor 7070, births 2012 & 2013
  • Options
    melmel Posts: 793
    edited November -1
    I use Common Sense Media at least once per week. Love that site!
    Jjr6m5.png
  • Options
    sara291sara291 Posts: 1,042
    edited November -1
    We just saw it for Riley's birthday. Came out on his birthday :) I didn't find it scary for either of the boys. I could see a few spots for very sensitive children maybe but overall it wasn't too bad.
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    There was a part at the end that made Shiloh cry. At family dinner when the kids were asked who wanted to go see Home with a family friend, Shiloh immediately bounced up shouting me me me! I took her aside and reminded her that she just saw it and was sad ... but her recollection skipped that part. She told me all about the movie (complete with morals and lessons!) and emphatically stated she wanted to see it again.

I'm of two minds when Shiloh cries at movies. One mind says "bad movie!" We shouldn't have gone. What was I thinking? The other mind acknowledges Shiloh's ability to empathize and emote. It's a balancing act. *sigh*
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    babybabybabybaby Posts: 1,564
    edited November -1
    @zen: i am also a libra like shiloh, so maybe it's a libra thing, but i used to really, really love movies that moved me, emotionally, when i was a kid. bambi and dumbo were my favorite disney movies over the princess ones, and there was a book called "scat!" about a cat that was banished from every doorstep and treated like garbage . . . loved it! i think we have a huge heart for injustice and the downtrodden.

as far as the movie home goes, it's just fine, as long as you don't mind your kid knowing every word to sean paul's "shake that thing."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPQ3o14ksaM
  • Options
    Sunshine4BabySunshine4Baby Posts: 378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We just saw it yesterday and my 5 year Old LOVED it , I did too , and I may or may not have gotten misty eyes at a certain part .... It will be one I buy when it comes out ;)
  • Options
    michgirlmichgirl Posts: 406 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We finally went and saw it. The boys loved it but I was glad I knew in advance about the "said part" because Jax got upset and wanted to leave andI was able to whisper to him what was going to happen and he was ok.then.
    Thank you Mel to the common sense media link, I can see where I will be using that often.
    f1xTJgw.jpgf1xTm5.png