Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Idaho State Question

britt_stoverbritt_stover Posts: 1
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Hi There,

My wife and I are a same sex couple living in Idaho and hoping to be starting a family here in the next year or so. My questions are as follows:

Am I legally able to be inseminated by a physician here in Idaho? I was told recently that not even single women could be inseminated in the state of Idaho because they don't have "their husband's consent". I am unsure of how accurate this information is. I just want to know if I'll be able to be inseminated in Idaho or if I'll have to travel to Washington or Oregon. And I'm not sure how any of these laws have been or will be effected by the fact that marriage equality is finally recognized in the state of Idaho. My wife and I are legally married federally and it is recognized here.

Also, if anyone has any insight into how second parent adoption works in states like Idaho that would be great. :) Or now that we're recognized here, can my wife be in the birth certificate?

Thanks in advance everyone!
Sign In or Register to comment.