Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Digital ovulation test and Internet cheapies- which do you prefer?

LeopardLeopard Posts: 45
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
I have been using the clearblue "advanced" digital ovulation test every day around 10-11am and kept getting the error message at first, then kept getting the blank circle. Tonight around 9.40pm I found some internet cheapies and thought for the hell of it I'd test again using one of those- very noticeable second line! I was super excited lol- I had never seen a positive ovulation test before now! Does it really make THAT much of a difference whether you test morning or night? or should I throw out my digital tester? Interested to see what others think :)
Tagged:

Comments

• hoping4number2hoping4number2 Posts: 321
    edited November -1
    Remember when using an OPK, the test line has to be just as dark as the control line. If there is a second line, but it's not as dark as the control, the test is still negative. :)
    16bdg7b.jpg
    Baby #1: April 2011 TTC #2 since 2014 Attempt #10 = BFP! Baby arrived January 2016
  • FutureSMBCFutureSMBC Posts: 1,018
    edited November -1
    ^yes! With strip tests you will probably see lines for days before you get a true positive.
    Also, when you know you're getting closer to your surge, test often.
    I can get a negative with fmu and a strong positive 2 hours later so if I didn't test often close to my surge I would most likely miss it.
    I use cheapies to see the line get darker and when I get a positive, I use the digital to confirm. If I think the line is as dark as the control line but the digital doesn't confirm, then I keep testing.
    This can sometimes get a little frustrating because, like it's happening now, I can get an almost positive and it'll be lighter hours later. But you'll see that positive if you stick with them.
    tt1d429d
    TTC since March 2015: 5 ICIs & 5 IUIs -all BFN
    July 2016- IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel - converted to IUI- BFN
    Sept 2016-IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel- Two 3d ET- BFP @ 9dp3dt, Beta#1: 209 @ 12dp3dt, #2: 782 @ 15dp3dt - EDD 6/3/17 - It's a Boy!
  • mindystarmindystar Posts: 218
    edited November -1
    I use the cheapies too. Then once they get very dark, I'll also do a CB digital. Once the cheapies start getting darker (and I know I'm closer to O time) I'll start testing a couple times a day so I don't miss the start of the surge.
    Hoping and waiting to be a Choice Mom/SMBC!
    6/2013 IUI-BFN
    5/2015 ICI-BFN
    6/2015-ICI-BFN
    7/2015-ICI-BFN :(
    My journey now is leading to international adoption...the best of luck to all you mommies out there!
  • wasnervouswreckwasnervouswreck Posts: 356
    edited November -1
    I like the kind NW is giving out. This is the first time I have gotten a really dark opk and it matched the smiley!
  • WannabeasinglemamaWannabeasinglemama Posts: 969
    edited November -1
    Clinical Guard opk strips
    Nicole-SMBC-39y/o-TTC since Jan. 2013
    IUI~BFP (BORN STILL) AT 16w5d 4/3/14
    Chemicals~IUI 7/24/14;8/21;BFNs~9/25;10/19;IVF#1-2/21/15~No embies made to blast.
    IVF#2-BFP~4/16 trans. 2 embies
    MIdqadD.jpgMIdqm5.png
    mf0Km4.png
  • LeopardLeopard Posts: 45
    edited November -1
    Thank you for that! I honestly thought that any second line was positive lol! this is my first time using them. You are totally right, I got a few faint second lines before I got a very dark one. Phew !