Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Asian donors

old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
I exclusively used the Asian..specifically the Chinese donors the last few years I TTC. I got a bfp in Febr. 2013..that unfortunately did not stick around. I do know 313 vials are very old and I have read that shouldn't matter but if anyone is willing to share has anyone had any success with the Asian donors in the last couple years? You can certainly private message me if you wish. I really want to use an Asian donor again this time but can't decide which way to go.

Comments

• Options
    palegreenpalegreen Posts: 1,478
    edited November -1
    Our donor was part Asian and his vials were from 2003, I think. I really don't think the age of the vial has any affect on the quality, so I'd go with the donor you like the best.
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg
  • Options
    gprime11gprime11 Posts: 228
    edited November -1
    I don't have any asian donor experience but our vials were from 2004 and 2006...can't remember which got a bfp. We have many stored for a sibling or 2 in the future. I wouldn't worry about the age of the vial.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am pretty use the last time the vials were from that range. Good to know.
  • Options
    scorpiogrl7scorpiogrl7 Posts: 1,386
    edited November -1
    I didn't use an Asian donor, but the vial Cordelia came out of was dated 1996! Sperm stays good indefinitely if properly frozen/stored.
    ZVvim5.png
  • Options
    palegreenpalegreen Posts: 1,478
    edited November -1
    wow, 1996! That's the oldest vial I've heard of on this forum. That makes Cordelia nearly 20! haha
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg
  • Options
    hoping4number2hoping4number2 Posts: 321
    edited November -1
    We tried 313 and 5593. Tried with RE, injects led, etc. No success. We really wanted it to work and it just didn't. We had 9 different tries (my wife tried 8 times, I tried once) and then we moved on to a different donor. First try with a new donor worked!
    16bdg7b.jpg
    Baby #1: April 2011 TTC #2 since 2014 Attempt #10 = BFP! Baby arrived January 2016
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have tried 313 many times. I did get PG with it a couple years ago but lost the baby....last time I TTC I am hoping more luck as soon as I can try again. I am even wearing a jade elephant..with trunk down...good luck for Chinese fertility..hey I have tried everything else...I am on a Chinese mind set. One of my adopted children is Korean and I have always wanted another Asian..well in this case half Asian baby...I have a real "thing" for dark haired, dark eyed babies!!
  • Options
    Sassy2uSassy2u Posts: 236
    edited November -1
    Meassaged you.
  • Options
    tinydancertinydancer Posts: 1,210
    edited November -1
    5593 here too but early loss twice.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Sassy2u I didn't get a message you might try again.

Updated...found you in my spam...just sent you a message back.
  • Options
    tinydancertinydancer Posts: 1,210
    edited November -1
    any updates on this?? Hopingfornumber2 was your successful attempt asian decent as well?