Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Which carseat would work best?

YankeebratYankeebrat Posts: 7
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
I am hoping some of you can help me with my carseat issue, I know alot of you are very knowledgeable on this topic. I have a Honda CRV, and my 16 month old is in a diono pacifica behind the passenger seat. I cannot get a tight install in the center and I also don't have latch in the center, so he is on the side. I need a second seat for the new baby and found that I never used my sons infant carrier because it was so heavy and he weighed almost 11 lbs. at birth. So, I think I want to just start out with a convertible seat for this baby. I love the diono pacifica and have a rainier for my moms car, which is great as well, but even with the angle adjuster the front seat in my crv has to be moved up and puts that persons legs right at the dash and way too close to the airbag. I can't put another diono behind me as it would put me too close to my airbag and I would be cramped. So I need to find a different seat for the new baby. I want something that will rear face as long as possible. Any ideas?

Comments

• gprime11gprime11 Posts: 228
    edited November -1
    I just moved into a diono ranier and live it, but at 5'2" I am the tallest in my family. Leg room is not our issue, reaching the pedals is. I can tell you do not get an evenflo triumph. While it takes up less room, the buckles fit horribly and dig into ds belly, the tightening nob sits against the seat making it impossible to use, and I had to take out the head support already because it messed with the shoulder height. It may have a high rear facing limit, but that is the only plus I have found.
  • YankeebratYankeebrat Posts: 7
    edited November -1
    Thanks! We love our Rainier and Pacifica, I really wish I could make another one work for this baby, it just isn't possible. I will stay away from Evenflo though. I had thought about the Clek Foonf for my son and put the baby in his Diono, but I have been reading that the Foonf is huge and hard to get children in and out of it in some vehicles because it sits so high.
  • katookatoo Posts: 324
    edited June 2015
    I'm really happy with our graco 4ever so far. It has extended rear-facing limits, but is pretty compact front to back compared to other convertibles.