Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Potty training question for Zen

smartycat92smartycat92 Posts: 564
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
I have a friend that just posted about her 3yr old son being pee potty trained but demanding a diaper for pooping. I know you had this issue with Shiloh but don't remember how it resolved. Any advice from someone who has been there, done that?
. 0vthk9cno.png
20137aff-9c20-4097-91b7-ac919c10954f_zpsd88d3a6c.jpg
o4bd1nxgy.png

Comments

• ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    She drove me nuts with that. I googled and researched everything to no avail. I set a hard deadline for her 4th birthday saying they don't make pull-ups for 4 year olds. Then one day my friend and occasional babysitter asked if she could *make* Shiloh go on the potty. I looked at her like she had two heads and asked exactly how she planned to accomish that. She shrugged and said "I'll tell her to."

Fast forward a week or two (maybe a month or two before 4th birthday), my friend tells me Shiloh went in the potty. I was distracted and didn't catch on at first. Then slightly in shock I asked what she did. "I told her to go and sat her on the potty and stayed there with her." I had a brief moment of panic thinking she'd forced my little one to sit there for hours ... then asked how long ... and almost fainted when she said it was maybe 5 minutes. During which time the two of them talked and sang songs.

I still don't understand what happened or how!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll add in my experience as well. I had a nanny kiddo who did this also. He was fine with pee but terrified to poop in the potty. One day he asked me for a diaper to poop and I told him they were all downstairs. I said for him to sit on the potty "just in case" while I went to get one. Then I took my time "finding" one. By the time I "found" a diaper he had pooped in the potty and never had a problem after that.
    Maybe you just have to do whatever you can to get them to do it once, and then they're ok?
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png