Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Introduce Yourself :)

Comments

• Options
    palegreenpalegreen Posts: 1,478
    edited November -1
    kelleymel wrote:
    Hi, my name is Kelley. My partner and I are going to begin TTC next week. I have a lot of questions, the first of which is how do I create a forum topic? I have only figured out how to post a reply. Beyond that, I have A LOT of questions before ordering next week!! Any help is appreciated.
    Welcome! To post a new thread, go to the TTC page where all the topics are listed and click on the white words "Post New Topic" in the dark blue bar towards the top/right of the page. ;)
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg
  • Options
    kangashibakangashiba Posts: 6
    edited November -1
    My name is Jamie and my wife and I got married in Washington DC last year. We are about to embark on our first AI attempt. We are nervous, scared, excited, and hopeful. We have loved each other for 8 years but we're ready to begin our journey towards motherhood. Any advice on AI would be greatly appreciated :)
  • Options
    MelandTara01MelandTara01 Posts: 557
    edited November -1
    Hello we are new to this. Is there a link that someone could share with us that would explain all the abbreviations?
    TTC #1 10/2012 -- BFN
    TTC #2 11/2012 -- BFP!!! :)
    0ia8m5.png
  • Options
    BohemianBohemian Posts: 224
    edited November -1
    Hello we are new to this. Is there a link that someone could share with us that would explain all the abbreviations?

There is a topic one or two under this one that's shows the definitions.
    saycheese_zps3309a423.jpg
    My Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3615fd
    ttc.png
    In trying/tracking mode. Known donor turned bf! ;D Riding this roller coaster known as my life and excited for 2013. Ttc #1 hoping for pink. I can't wait to be a Mommy!
    1-4 Bfn 5-bf?
    WWW.abohemianlikeme.blogspot.com
  • Options
    MnDWexcited!MnDWexcited! Posts: 3
    edited November -1
    Hi! My name is Misha. My Husband and I just recently decided to try for a baby and I am very new to this! I am still in information gathering mode and when I recieved an Email from NWCC telling me about this forum, I browsed through it and decided to join! I have decided that we are going to get started in January. This will give us a couple of months to save what money we need as well as give me a headstart on cutting back my smoking and start my vitamins! We are getting very excited and hearing all of you talk about the procedures and your success is sooooo inspiring!
    I have a 13 year old daughter whom I had at almost 17 in a previous relationship, she is beautiful smart, just wonderful really :D My Husband and I have been married for 5 years and he can not have children, so I assumed I just wouldnt have anymore but more often then not lately, all I can think about is wanting another child, especially w my Hubby because he is great and deserves this...Anyway, so here I am and I look forward to hearing from you all and getting started! Thanks! :)
  • Options
    MnDWexcited!MnDWexcited! Posts: 3
    edited November -1
    I, too, need to know what all the abbreviations mean! :)
    Bohemian wrote:

There is a topic one or two under this one that's shows the definitions.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    http://iamtryingtoconceive.com/topic/23902/forum-abbreviations/
    This should help with the abbreviations
    ttc.png
    In trying/tracking mode. Known donor turned bf! ;D Riding this roller coaster known as my life and excited for 2013. Ttc #1 hoping for pink. I can't wait to be a Mommy!
    1-4 Bfn 5-bf?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you! :-)
    Bohemian wrote:
    TTC #1 10/2012 -- BFN
    0ia8m5.png
  • Options
    Rose1230Rose1230 Posts: 43
    edited November -1
    My dh and I are both 25. We've been married 7years and have a almost 6year old and a 4 1/2 year old. My dh got a vasectomy in 2008(Worse Mistake Ever) . October 25th 2011 we got the vasectomy reversed. We had sperm but they are all non motile :( . After a year of hoping for a miracle we are ready to move on and use DS. We're in the process now of picking a donor and hoping to inseminate in December.
    tt1685c4.aspx
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Rose1230 wrote:
    My dh and I are both 25. We've been married 7years and have a almost 6year old and a 4 1/2 year old. My dh got a vasectomy in 2008(Worse Mistake Ever) . October 25th 2011 we got the vasectomy reversed. We had sperm but they are all non motile :( . After a year of hoping for a miracle we are ready to move on and use DS. We're in the process now of picking a donor and hoping to inseminate in December.

I hope to be trying in December as well! :D Welcome!! And bunches of baby dust.
    ttc.png
    1-4 Bfn 5-bf?
  • Options
    TiffandTayeTiffandTaye Posts: 104 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Feel like we need to introduce ourself again. My name is Taye and my partner, or fiancé as of a week ago, name is Tiffiny. We are both 26. Joined almost two years ago when we were going to start ttc but we needed up adopting a 2 year old girl, London. We go to court Friday to make it all final. Well almost 2 year later and we are ready to try for number 2. We have been together since 2007 and Londy is asking for a baby for Christmas so I think we are ready. Looking forward to going on this journey with you all. Ttc in October
    #1 10/2012: BFP!
    age.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Welcome Tiff and Taye. I love the name London...very pretty. My partner and I will be ttc this month. Good luck and I hope santa brings London what she is asking for. :-)
    Feel like we need to introduce ourself again. My name is Taye and my partner, or fiancé as of a week ago, name is Tiffiny. We are both 26. Joined almost two years ago when we were going to start ttc but we needed up adopting a 2 year old girl, London. We go to court Friday to make it all final. Well almost 2 year later and we are ready to try for number 2. We have been together since 2007 and Londy is asking for a baby for Christmas so I think we are ready. Looking forward to going on this journey with you all. Ttc in October
    TTC #1 10/2012 -- BFN
    0ia8m5.png
  • Options
    praying4onepraying4one Posts: 108
    edited December 2012
    Hello I'm 35 yrs old. We tried IUI 3 times and all where BFN. We plan to do our first ICI in Nov. 14 or 15. I order all the supplies I needed for a home AI. Me and the DH praying for a BFP the first time. So I'm just waiting for AF to get here to get this ball rollin. I choose 313 or 243 do anybody know anything about this two donors?
    12/12 RE IUI donor DS 313 BFN :(
    1/13 RE ICI donor DS 901A BFN :(
    2/13 RE IUI 100mg clomid and hcg trigger 24hr iui 901A BFN :(
    3/17/15 BFP

tt1c2fda.aspx
  • Options
    Meesh0001Meesh0001 Posts: 17
    edited November -1
    Hello to all,

My name is Kemi and I am 31 years old. I am new to this forum but I have actually done 2 home inseminations within the past 4 months or so. I already have 4 beautiful children from natural conception but I am looking to add to my family for the last time. I will be TTCing during the month of November and I am excited and can't wait to try my luck again. I honestly think that my timing was way off (way too early) so I have chosen a new donor (just to be safe) and will do my insem closer to the 24 hour mark and during my usual ovulation pain.

Thanks,
    Keme
  • Options
    baerlj77baerlj77 Posts: 2
    edited November -1
    Hi,

My name is Leslie and I'm 35. DH and I have been trying for over 1 1/2 years. DH SA came back poor and it took forever for him to be okay with using donor sperm. This was our first month trying with donor sperm. I have PCOS and am on Metformin and clomid to induce ovulation. I got my smily on 11/20/12, but had started home insemination the day before. I bought 3 vials so I did one on the 19th, 20th (11 hours after getting my smily, and having ovulation pain), and then the 21st (12 hours after the last ici). I started eating pineapple and am doing the progesterone cream to help since I am estrogen dominant. I'm hoping this will help it stick!!! I hope this tww goes fast!! Good luck to everyone!!
  • Options
    djnunnikhovendjnunnikhoven Posts: 78
    edited November -1
    Hi. I'm Jennifer. I'm from Iowa. Currently going through fertility treatment. We have gone through two IUI.
    Mommy to an angel <3 August 10, 2013. Mommy to Karleigh
    Ttc baby #2
    Loving Life
  • Options
    emlklg444emlklg444 Posts: 645
    edited November -1
    Hello everyone! This is our very first post, and our dewar from NW cryobank arrived today! We are looking forward to sharing our journey with you all. We are a married lesbian couple, both age 36. We will call ourselves "H" and "A" for the first initials of our names. We are doing things a little backwards in the TTC area. H actually had 3 frozen embryos she banked a few years ago in very long, bumpy, and expensive path to attempt to "preserve" her fertility...hoping for a "sure thing" with a future frozen embryo transfer. Sadly, only one survived the thaw, a perfect 5 day blastocyst. It was transferred easily, but failed to implant. And there went $18,000 in all, down the drain.... That was in September. So now we're moving on to attempt what most couples try at the get go...artificial insemination. We did some research and decided to try NW Cryobank, as they are by far the most affordable sperm bank around. So we are now humbled by our past experience with IVF...it failed for us even though we don't have any known issues with infertility. The fertility doctor actually encouraged us to try and bank more embryos via IVF again...but that's one avenue we will not revisit unless we've exhausted all other options. We realize this journey will in all likelihood be a long one...but in the end we are determined to have a family one way or another. So now, we wait for the window to inseminate.... attempt #1. Praying for God's blessings! :)
    1st daughter born 9/26/2013 (bfp 2nd attempt at home ICI)
    2nd daughter born 3/8/2016 (bfp after 7 attempts at home ICI, 2 miscarriages, 1 D&C)
    age 36 evtim8.png
    age 39 K8qxm7.png
  • Options
    ttcmakes3ttcmakes3 Posts: 48
    edited November -1
    Hi. We have been a guest in this forum for about a year & have finally taken the plunge. We start this month with our first IUI. Looking forward to sharing this journey with you all!
    Jan 2013- BFN
    Feb 2013-BFN
    --switched carrier--
    May 2014-BFN
    July 2014-BFP @ 12dpo (IUI) -- Born: March 2015 -- Baby Girl
  • Options
    ttctnvttctnv Posts: 4
    edited November -1
    Hello I have been a lurker for a year now and decided it was time for me to post. My wife and I have finally set a month to begin trying which is Jan and we couldn't be more excited.
  • Options
    waitingagainwaitingagain Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    I'm new here. My name is "D" and we have been trying to conceive since May. I had tubal reversal back in April and we have had 4 failed IUI's using donor sperm. 3 failed IUI's with the help of an RE with 150mg Clomid and trigger. Last IUI we switched donor and tried at home IUI at 12, 24, and 36 hours. I used 150mg clomid without trigger, used OPK's. Still BFN.

I am on cycle day 2 and we are gearing up for IUI #5. Fingers crossed for a BFP. I figured I would introduce myself and stop being a lurker. :)

Wishing everyone the best!
  • Options
    ttc.2013ttc.2013 Posts: 5
    edited November -1
    Hi everyone! We have been ttc for 14 years. One failed IVF (low stim) an one failed IUI. Hubby has low count. Finally decided on donor insem and am a little nervous. I'm 37 and my cycles are irregular. I have had every invasive test under the sun and NW appeals to me because I love the idea of doing home insems without the doc. Problem is I have one blocked tube so can only do insems when I O on that right side. Have any of you had success with home insem?
  • Options
    lyn144lyn144 Posts: 5
    edited November -1
    Hello everyone! I'm Lynsee. I'm 25, I'll be 26 on the 31. I will be SMBC. I will start trying for my first child either February or March. I have the support of my parents and my twin brother. Twins run in my family. My grandfather was an identical twin. I have a big family on the my mother's side, who are all giving me advise on getting pregnant and parenting haha. I hope to get to know most of you. I am on Facebook. Just send me a message and I'll add you.
    2w653ev.jpg
  • Options
    ReadytoTryReadytoTry Posts: 234
    edited November -1
    Hi everyone. My fiance and I have decided to TTC using donor sperm beginning this month. We've talked and read about home insemination with donor sperm for over a year and have decided that it is the best route for us. This will be our first child together. I am 26 with no known fertility issues. He is 42 and had a vasectomy 12 years ago after the birth of his daughter. We are getting married in the spring and would like to get jump start on planning our family since we don't know how long it will take since we don't have the luxury of "when it happens, it happens." We have to plan to make it happen!

I'm stocked up on pre-seed and multiple OPK tests (smiley and standard two line tests). I'm taking my temperature every morning like a crazy person. Our shipment just arrived from NW - so as soon as we get a positive OPK, we'll be marching ahead!
  • Options
    2ladiezinlove2ladiezinlove Posts: 73
    edited November -1
    Hi everyone! I've been surfing the boards like a lot of people but because we've decided on a donor from this bank I figured it would be nice to go ahead and join the community. My partner and I have been together for almost 4 years. (We go by K&K due to our names) We just started the process of ttc. I am 26 and she is 36 and the plan right now is for me to carry our first child. The process (testing) started in November and hopefully our actual process will start soon. I have always had irregular periods so I figured we should see the doctor to see what I was up against. I've done a HSG and had one blocked tube which was opened via tubal catherization. I'm now planning to have my initial appointment for instructions and will begin a clomid assisted iui cycle. This is my very first attempt...we really want a baby....we're trying to keep our minds open and hearts free so that all goes well. Everyone is trying to be as positive as possible but for many this can be a while before an actual BFP....so we know that patience will be necessary. I think what I've picked up from the various success stories is that you have to minimize the stress and relax. Praying for some baby vibes and success!!!
    TTC #1 Oct 2014 Medicated At home ICI BFN/ TTC #1 Dec 2014 Medicated at home ICI BFN/TTC #1 Jan 2015 Medicated at home ICI BFN/TTC #1 March 2015 Medicated at home ICI BFN/TTC #1 April 2015 Medicated at home ICI BFN/TTC #1/June 2015 Medicated at home ICI BFN/TTC #1 July 2015 non medicated at home ICI BFN/TTC #1 Aug 2015 non medicated at home ICI BFN/TTC #1 Oct 2015 non medicated at home ICI BFN/. TTC #1 May 2016 IVF-FET BFP
  • Options
    yhhfan15yhhfan15 Posts: 67
    edited November -1
    Hello everyone, I have been lurking around so I thought it was time to create an account for myself. I'm almost 26 years old female single and straight. What brought me here is the quest for a family. I know I want to have children but finding the perfect partner has not been my strength I always get losers. This has been a big thing on my mind lately almost like my biological clock keeps ticking and ticking. I want my parents to see there grandchildren before they pass away the same goes for my only living grandma. I would like to get to know everyone here and ask for advice on how they made the big choice to start there family?

Nice to meet everyone :D
  • Options
    ams100ams100 Posts: 22
    edited November -1
    Hello,

My name is Jo. My partner and I have been together for 7 years and are going to start TTC in February. We are hoping for a quick journey starting our family. Any advise, or comments welcome!
    January 2015- IUI 1/4/2015
    October 2014- BFN
    September 2014- BFN
    March 2014- BFN
    Feb 2014- BFN
  • Options
    mgray0312mgray0312 Posts: 2
    edited November -1
    Hello, my name is Mary. Me And my partner are now trying to conceive. We already have one little one named Tanner and we want to expand our little family. I have never done artificial insemination, and I am extremely nervous about it. I just want it to work more than anything. If anyone has any tips for me or some directions on ordering (how many is good enough) and timing, I could use all the advice possible! :)

I wish everyone good luck!
  • Options
    loislame84loislame84 Posts: 16
    edited November -1
    Hi, I'm Kelly. My partner and I have been together for almost 5 years. I'm 28 and she is 25. We are going to have our first go at this this month and we are hoping for a successful and quick process! Our fingers are crossed. Good luck to everyone else who is ttc! Our best wishes to everyone! :)
  • Options
    KNJ28KNJ28 Posts: 21
    edited November -1
    Hello, I've been watching this site for a while and finally decided to introduce myself. My wife and I just had our first go at ICI two days ago. Last month I was late by 5 days for the first time ever and had to send the swimmers back just to get my +OPK the next day..a very sad moment. This month was a little sketchy with +OPK for 2.5 days so We shall see how the timing was with two vials. Good luck to everyone!
  • Options
    Em&MeEm&Me Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello. My wife an I have been TTC since January 2011. We were doing insemination with fresh specimen but are getting ready for our second try through the bank.