Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Introduce Yourself :)

Comments

• Options
    SweetTeaSweetTea Posts: 9
    edited November -1
    Im Tara, hubz and I have been ttc for 4 years with 11 m/c and no live children. after all of those loses we made a decision to use DS. Hubz has a chromosome inversion which causes miscarriage. we are hoping to do our first iui at the end of january :)
    TTC 4 Years ; 11 miscarriages and no baby... Praying for a RAINBOW
  • Options
    lemondropslemondrops Posts: 9
    edited November -1
    Hi, I live in Northern California. I'm 28 & single. This is the 2nd attempt at a BFP. I tried in Oct 2012 & BFN, I decided to take a break and then both of my sisters got their BFPs so here I go again.
  • Options
    theonlyme2012theonlyme2012 Posts: 80
    edited November -1
    Hello!! I'm Nicole from Michigan. I am very new to this site. I just recently turned 30 and I have a 7yr old son. He's wanted a brother and sister for about 3-4yrs now. I'm single and tired of getting my heart broken thinking I'm with Mr. Right. So I accidently came across this site and so glad I did, because I want to have more kids. I'm just excited that I'm not alone feeling like this.
  • Options
    Chris&KareChris&Kare Posts: 21
    edited November -1
    I think it's time to introduce myself..I've followed everyone's stories for a long time now and I'm starting to feel like a stalker :) My name is Christina my DP is Karen we've been together 6 years and married for two.I have three children from a previous marriage. My daughter is 18 and my sons are 8 and 9. For a long time we haven't felt like our family was complete. We started charting and following my cycle this past month. I had no idea how confusing it would be. I'm hoping we can try our first AI in February.. I'm not getting any younger ( I will be 40 in March) so I'm afraid time is not on my side.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    :D I Am NEW TO THE SITE AND A FIRST TIME USER OF NWCRYOBANK! I AM CURRENTLY WAITING FOR SHIPMENT. MY PARTNER, ANGIE(33,34 IN COUPLE OF WEEKS) AND I, RHEANETTE (32) HAVE BEEN TOGETHER FOR 5YRS IN MARCH 2013, WE CURRENTLY HAVE 3 GIRLS, ALL BORN FROM MY PARTNER, AND I ADOPTED MY NEPHEW. THEY RANGE FROM 17,16,10,5. WE HAVE DECIDED TO ADD TO OUR BUNCH. I THOUGHT AN IUI FROM A UNKNOWN DONOR WOULD BENEFIT US AND OUR LIFE. I HAVE NEVER GIVEN BIRTH AND WHEN I WAS 20 YRS OLD I HAD A MISCARRIAGE. THIS IS OUR FIRST ATTEMPT AT TTC. HOPING THAT IT GOES IN OUR FAVOR ON THE FIRST TRY. MANY BLESSING TO EVERYONE IN THERE JOURNEY!!
  • Options
    TheMFamilyTheMFamily Posts: 255
    edited November -1
    Hubby and I are in Washington state and looking for a sperm donor who matches hubby's overall looks--dark hair, olive complexion. Please contact me if you have used a donor that would work for us and has vials available! =)
    Us: Together since '07, engaged '09, married '11. Trying to start a family since '09. 1 BFN.
    Me: Child dev. degree, nanny to 5 for 5.5yrs, digital print artist, portrait photographer.
    *Leaving. Message me if you'd like to keep in touch*
  • Options
    hopefulltwohopefulltwo Posts: 303
    edited November -1
    Hi, where to begin...there are so many questions about the whole process. I have been reading over different threads and all the methods and it is a bit overwhelming to say the least. Using the sperm bank is a compromise for us. My partner wants to use fresh donor sperm, we have been searching on kdr and have asked a couple friends. I want to use the bank until we find a donor that will actually follow thru, she is 33 and I am 37. I am nervous, excited and not sure how to feel, all rolled into one. We have children from previous relationships,and she has never carrried a child before. I worry for her, us and our child as read some of the heartwrenching journeys. We have friends that have just had babies. And already it is making us anxious. We started researching and tracking ovulation last year. Then our first hiccup occured. We went to gynecologist to get the all clear and ended up having a cancer scare. I am happy to announce that is was just a scare and after biopsys and further testing and waiting everything is fine. It does put life in perspective tho, nothing is promised. That is why I want to make this as stress free and enjoyable for her as I can. Any advice is helpful and wanted. I especially would like to here from the oh whats that abreviation for "inseminating partners" lol I look forward to learning and growing through this site. In our relationship I am the researcher and she is the listener. I look forward to the things I can tell her about the wonderful couples and their journeys on this site. Thank you in advance.
    Feb '13 - BFN March '13 - BFN
    April '13 - extra af - bfn ( i still think the smiley lied) reg. af - bfn
    June '13 - bfn July '13 - bfn Aug '13 - BFN Sept '13 - another bfn Oct '13 - bfn
    Nov '13 - well af showed a week early-BFN
    Dec '13 - BFN Jan '14 - BFN
    ah Feb '14 BFPPP!!!!! Expecting him to arrive around November tenth.
  • Options
    TtnChrisTtnChris Posts: 288
    edited November -1
    Hello :) My girlfriend and I have been together for 10 years. We met freshman year of HS and have been together ever since! We have 2 fur babies Bailey and Bentley. I turned 25 this past summer and am at the point in my life where I'm really ready to be a mother! I have been helping my sister raise her 3 amazing boys and I feel like it's our turn to be parents to our own bundle :) I am so glad we found this place and are currently going on our 2nd try. We cannot wait to have a family of our own!
    Charlotte
    Born 11/28/14 - 38w1d
    7lbs 2oz - 19 in
    rt3tox.jpg
  • Options
    hally.elwardhally.elward Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hello My name is Hally and I was hoping to get some help, feedback or advice on conceiving with IUI, selecting donors, ovulation timing and so on. Please help.....
  • Options
    koljohnson07koljohnson07 Posts: 23
    edited November -1
    TtnChris wrote:
    Hello :) My girlfriend and I have been together for 10 years. We met freshman year of HS and have been together ever since! We have 2 fur babies Bailey and Bentley. I turned 25 this past summer and am at the point in my life where I'm really ready to be a mother! I have been helping my sister raise her 3 amazing boys and I feel like it's our turn to be parents to our own bundle :) I am so glad we found this place and are currently going on our 2nd try. We cannot wait to have a family of our own!

I think that's so sweet you've been together so long! My girlfriend and I have been together since HS as well :) We decided to start trying for babies too and this past month is our first time 'trying'. It has been a little nerve racking though. I didn't expect to have such emotions over the whole journey! We're in the tww right now. Which is driving me nuts because normally I'm an instant gratification kind of girl. So we'll see how it goes. Good luck to you and your girlfriend!
  • Options
    koljohnson07koljohnson07 Posts: 23
    edited November -1
    Hello My name is Hally and I was hoping to get some help, feedback or advice on conceiving with IUI, selecting donors, ovulation timing and so on. Please help.....

Hi Hally,

What kind of questions do you have? I'm relatively new at this but I have learned so much and desperately wish there was more information readily available for the whole process, but I'm totally willing to pass along some helpful advice I've read and found out. Some of it I've learned through trial and error and other stuff I've spent the past few days obsessing over since I'm currently in my tww.

I would say one of the big factors is timing. Timing is different for every woman too. If you're using opks to track your ovulation the box says you should ovulate between 24-36 hours after the first positive, but some women ovulate right after a smiley and others later. Which is why you'll find lots of different times people have tried. OPKs are a great start but also watching your body for signs is good too. I personally chose not to obsess too much about tracking because all it was doing was stressing me out, which isn't good for you either. So I just use opks and go based on how my body feels around that time.

I also have a good video I found on IUI's if you are interested in it, I can pass it along.

Kandyce
  • Options
    TtnChrisTtnChris Posts: 288
    edited November -1
    TtnChris wrote:

I think that's so sweet you've been together so long! My girlfriend and I have been together since HS as well :) We decided to start trying for babies too and this past month is our first time 'trying'. It has been a little nerve racking though. I didn't expect to have such emotions over the whole journey! We're in the tww right now. Which is driving me nuts because normally I'm an instant gratification kind of girl. So we'll see how it goes. Good luck to you and your girlfriend!
    I'm sorry I'm getting back to you so late I just saw this reply. It is very nerve racking!! The TWW was the worst! My girlfriend had a really hard time when we found out it didn't take. We will do our second attempt in March. I am sending lots of baby dust to you guys and hope it sticks!!! PM me if you'd like and if you have any questions or need to talk let me know! :) it's nice having any kind of support through this crazy road! :)
    Charlotte
    Born 11/28/14 - 38w1d
    7lbs 2oz - 19 in
    rt3tox.jpg
  • Options
    southwestiessouthwesties Posts: 2
    edited November -1
    Hello,
    My partner and I are on the brink of beginning the interesting TTC journey-- this month hopefully! We want to try at home for the first round, and I want to thank everyone on here for posting your stories. Reading through the instructions and lessons learned has been extremely helpful to us!

It's inspiring to see such a myriad of experiences and happy endings on this forum. Assisted reproduction is a strange bedfellow (literally), and this forum has proven very helpful to combat some of the stress.

---hopeful in the southwest
  • Options
    SKSK Posts: 39
    edited February 2013
    We are a Sirry & Kim, and have been around reading post etc for a while now. We finally decided to start TTC this month. Swimmers got here today. Excited and nervous. Waiting for +OPK. :) :cool:
    ~Two women in love looking to be two moms in love~
    Cycle 1: IUI at home 2/2013 BFN
    Cycle 2: IUI at home 3/2013 BFN
    Cycle 3 (whacked!): IUI at home 4/2013 BFN
    DaVinci Myomectomy June 10, HSG Nov 15.
    Cycle 4: IUI at home 11/22/2013..TWW
  • Options
    LearningLearning Posts: 22
    edited November -1
    Hi everyone! I've been around for sometime, reading and learning from your many educational and inspirational posts. I've recently made the exciting decision to join all of you in using donor sperm to start my family. My first appointment with my OB/Gyn is mid-March and should all tests result normally, I will begin my journey toward becoming a SMBC in August.

Babydust to all!
    SMBC: 44
    2012: Embryos created, CGH tested & vitrified from 2 IVF cycles.
    2016: FET of 2 Euploid, 5-day blastocysts. Singleton BFP.
    N5cVm5.png
    countdown-1461387600z1485583200zg.png
    tt1d2203
  • Options
    Toby0884Toby0884 Posts: 2
    edited November -1
    Hello all,

I'm a 40 yo, SMC to one 3 year old DD and am looking to complete our family by adding a DD/DS. Joining NWCryo in hopes of making my dream happen.
  • Options
    ilovecrystalb10ilovecrystalb10 Posts: 53
    edited November -1
    Hello Ladies,
    I have been reading all your posts and you all are so wonderful! :) I just wanted to introduce myself and let you know about out TTC journey. My wife (C) and I (S) have been trying for about a year now. We have been together for almost 4 years, we got married 3 years ago in Vermont, hence it was legal in New York yet. Our first try we tried 2 ICI's. This is our 2nd try, 3 days ago, we did 2 IUI's. I am 23 and I have no fertility issues (that I know of). My cycle is pretty regular, 28-30 days. My wife has a five year old daughter, in which she concieved through IVF. It took her 13 try's. Just hearing everything she has been through (3 MC's and 2 preme twin boys who passed away), I can just imagine what all you other ladies have been through. I also have a five year old daughter, she is my little angel.
    I just wanted to say hello to everyone and I wish baby dust to all of you!! :D I will keep my fingers crossed for every one of you ladies!
    Ethan.jpg
  • Options
    candacens107candacens107 Posts: 10
    edited November -1
    My name is Nikki and me and my wife on trying for the second time. I have one 8yr daughter and would really love a sibling for her.
    I went yesterday (2/19) for my baseline ultrasound. Everything checked out and I am now on Clomid. I go in on Wednesday for ultrasound to check follicle and possibly start trigger and IUI on Friday.Well that's all for now baby dust to everyone :)
    rPq7m5.png
  • Options
    Toby0884Toby0884 Posts: 2
    edited November -1
    Good luck to you too :-).
    Hello Ladies,
    I have been reading all your posts and you all are so wonderful! :) I just wanted to introduce myself and let you know about out TTC journey. My wife (C) and I (S) have been trying for about a year now. We have been together for almost 4 years, we got married 3 years ago in Vermont, hence it was legal in New York yet. Our first try we tried 2 ICI's. This is our 2nd try, 3 days ago, we did 2 IUI's. I am 23 and I have no fertility issues (that I know of). My cycle is pretty regular, 28-30 days. My wife has a five year old daughter, in which she concieved through IVF. It took her 13 try's. Just hearing everything she has been through (3 MC's and 2 preme twin boys who passed away), I can just imagine what all you other ladies have been through. I also have a five year old daughter, she is my little angel.
    I just wanted to say hello to everyone and I wish baby dust to all of you!! :D I will keep my fingers crossed for every one of you ladies!
  • Options
    acdcacdc Posts: 36
    edited November -1
    Hi everyone, I've been a bit of a lurker for the past few weeks. The forum is great. Everyone is really supportive so since the wife and I have finally settled on NW cryobank as the one we are using I've decided to introduce myself. My name is Dee. My wife and I will be TTC in either March or April. We a super excited about growing our small family. Look forward to getting to know you all more. :)
    3/13 1st TTC Attempt ICI at home ... BFN
    4/13 2nd TTC Attempt ICI at home ... BFN
    7/13 1st IUI with RE
  • Options
    DreamerDreamer Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hi! How do you start this? I have felt that way during this whole process. We do have children but dh had a vasectomy years ago. We had reversals done but they failed. So, we are here now! I had a hard time choosing a donor. It felt really strange to me.. It took me a few weeks and a lot of childhood photo's. In the end I picked donor 385A. Like everyone else I am hoping this is successful the first time.

I am holding my breath for now and trying to get over how strange this all seems to me. I can't wait to hold a sweet baby again but It is so strange to me that I have only seen a childhood picture of the donor.

I am really excited but a little on edge about this process.
  • Options
    cnashturnbowcnashturnbow Posts: 3
    edited November -1
    Hi everyone I'm Cherish my wife Christy and I are really excited to get going at the end of the month with a medicated cycle, after three failed iuis we are ready to get this party started:) good luck to everyone.
  • Options
    LOWIFEYLOWIFEY Posts: 85 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello,
    I am Rita from Houston and DW is Lo. We have just place our order today we plan on insem'n next month. We are so excited and we send baby dust to everyone. I'm praying for healthy... hoping for pink. :D

TTC#1 (and only I claim that)- APRIL 2013
    GOD CAN And HE WILL
    PRAY about EVERYTHING. WORRY about NOTHING
  • Options
    JessicaHolteJessicaHolte Posts: 266
    edited March 2013
    Hi my name is Jessica! I have been on the ttc journey for almost two years now and will start injectibles this cycle. I have three beautiful girls. Our oldest is 17, middle DD is 14 and youngest is almost 6 yrs.! My two teenagers have the same father (previous marriage). We have been married since 2005 my husband has zero sperm but we would like to have full sibling for our youngest daughter. Thank you for letting us share our story and we look forward to getting to know you all!
  • Options
    MummyBirdMummyBird Posts: 126
    edited November -1
    I've been lurking for a bit, but finally decided to register.

I am a SMC. I adopted my daughter, who I fostered, 3 years ago. The plan was one more adoption, then get preggo. But after a failed adoption, I decided it was time.

I plan to start TTC in June.
    Was all set to use NW, but found a known donor.
    2013 - 3 BFNs
    2014 - 7 BFNs
    2015 - 4 BFNs
    2016 - Feb BFN
  • Options
    only_hopeonly_hope Posts: 102
    edited November -1
    Welcome everyone!
  • Options
    MareMare Posts: 193
    edited November -1
    Hi everyone. It is about time I registered and started posting on the forum. My name is Mary and I'm a 30 year old SMC. I lurked in 2007 when I was thinking of trying for my first baby but I found a known donor that I used to conceive my son. Tragedy struck and my son's donor passed away when I was 12 weeks pregnant.

It has taken me a bit to get over the fact that my children will not be full siblings but now my son (who will be 5 in July) is begging for a baby brother (I told him we don't get to choose). :) I feel ready as I just moved back to be close to family. Living in Washington I wanted to use a more local bank.

I will be started home inseminations July/August and I am hoping for a spring/summer baby as I'm a teacher and this makes the most sense money wise.

I wish everyone luck on this journey!
    SMBC to a fun, outgoing, crazy big 7 year old boy
    TTC#2
    August 2015: BFP!!!

tt1ca64f.aspx
  • Options
    lovelyladybutterflylovelyladybutterfly Posts: 122
    edited November -1
    After having been wife and stepmom for 4 years (and one miscarriage which DH celebrated) to a man who says he'll never give me a child because I don't deserve it, I have decided I want a fresh new, man free, start.

No matter how much I adore my stepkids, and how heartbreaking this whole thing has been for both of them, and me. I can't continue a relationship with this man.

I love being a mom, and can't wait to have my own child, so I'm going to make it happen! ASAP.

BUT I am so blind here! Can someone please help walk me through the process?

I am hoping to start officially trying in May!
    gst1m4.png
    First Try
    2-11: BFP; 5-11: Miscarriage;
    2nd Try
    5-13: BFN; 6-13: BFN; 7-13 BFP!
    No matter how long it takes, I'll have my dream come true!
  • Options
    mommyxsmommyxs Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hi everyone! My name is Samantha, I have been with my partner Renee for almost 7 years. We have talked several times about starting a family and this year we are going to. We have decided to start trying in November. We did start tracking her cycle (she is going to go first) in January and we have been approved by NW, besides tracking her cycle, do you have any other tips for us? You can PM us. We are so excited!

Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    jitterymojitterymo Posts: 137
    edited November -1
    Hi! My name is Mere and I've been lurking on this board/site for the last three or so weeks... I'm single and almost 30, and been through a number of bad long term relationships. I have decided that I want a child more and more everyday (especially watching all my friends and siblings getting married and starting their families). I have a great support system for me doing AI, which is wonderful!!!! I am going to try and do ICI first and if that doesn't work the first couple of tries I'll take so more drastic measures (which will have to include finding a fertility doctor, there are non in a 150 mile radius of where I live :(). I plan on doing my first insemination next month... So I'm here to learn all I can! Wish me luck!!!
    TTC#1
    insem on 10/2/13 - BFN (AF early!)
    insem on 10/30/13 - BFP, (miscarriage)