Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Introduce Yourself :)

Comments

• jackiex2jackiex2 Posts: 85
    edited November -1
    Hello! My wife and I have been together for 5 years, married almost 3 of those. We have done all at home ici with the first handful timed incorrectly (I look back and think omg we wasted so much money/time by not timing correctly!) All basic tests at obgyn turned out fine- egg quality/quantity etc.
    the last time we tried was around a year ago. it was the first time we had tried with softcups, and I ended up having a chemical. (we were crushed)
    We have taken a little time off to save up again and get our bearings straight. With the clock ticking (I will be 31 in a matter of days... wife is 32) we decided to see a fertility dr and so far I really like him.
    We are aiming to start trying again in late June, funds permitting. This go we are going to try clomid with trigger. I want to try to keep it at home as much as possible so it will be ici again.

I've been lurking for quite some time and I really like the tone of this board. Everyone is so supportive. I'm excited to finally join!

<3
    ici's over the last 2-3 years, all bfn one chemical- took a break.
    08/2013: clomid 50, didn't ovulate. bfn 09/2013: raised clomid to 100, Bfn
    March & April /2014: clomid 150 and 200, good ovulations, two chemicals
    July 2014: femara 5mg bfn September 2014 femara 7.5 chemical
    October 2014 combined cycle femara 7.5 + bravelle 75 TWW
  • AfBolesAfBoles Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hi All, my name is Africa I am a 27 year old Lesbian my partner and I are trying to conceive after being together for 12 years . I have PCOS . Unfortunately today our first IUI cycle had to be canceled , too many follicles . 26,22,22,24,19 on 100 mg of Clomid I am feeling really down right now any encouragement would help.
  • jazzfan98.1jazzfan98.1 Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    Hello Everyone,

My name is Monica, 25 and planning on being a smbc. I have been thinking of using a donor for a few years now, and think that I'm getting closer to starting the process. I'm still in the savings stage, but hope to begin in the near future. I have a close family, so they will make for a wonderful support system. The boards are such a wonderful means of support and I look forward to interacting more with all of you.

Blessings,

Monica
    Two hairy kids and one tortoise<3
    Hopeful SMBC
    Starting my journey in September!
    rlklm7.png
  • The k familyThe k family Posts: 36
    edited November -1
    Hi fellow dreamers,

My name is Laura and my DH is Phillip we have been married 14 yrs. this July. We have two boys 9 and 3 and are hoping for another sweet baby soon. After being told we would never have kids (DH has low sperm count after being kicked very hard as a child) we had our first healthy happy boy then 5 yrs. later conceived our little ryker via donor (not nw andrology) we are hoping to start our first AI in August. Haven't decided on a donor just yet but I'm excited to get started and to have others to chat with about this crazy roller coaster ride :)
    8RbZacP.jpg8RbZm6.png
  • pirategirl1128pirategirl1128 Posts: 14
    edited November -1
    Hi my name is Danni(26 almost 27) and my partner is Danielle(24).We live in Kentucky I am originally from Connecticut I moved here to be with my love. We have been looking into trying to conceive for about 6 months. We ordered our first vial donor 1405 last night. I will be the one to carry only because I am older but we do plan to have her also carry at some point hopefully with the same donor just do not have the money to put them in storage until need them. Hoping that this works. We are both nervous but excited at the same time. Only a few very people so far know we are trying. Will keep posted on if it works or not. :)
  • TryingAgain2TryingAgain2 Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    I am very new to NW Cryo, and had tried to conceive a few years ago using Midwest Sperm Bank. Unfortunately, after all of my excitement, it did not take. After Midwest closed down to hire new staff (and um, raise prices), I took it as some sort of sign that I should hold off on my attempts. My name is Casie...I am 30 years old, with no known fertility issues, but whose DH husband had had a vasectomy over 10 years ago. I have already completed my registration with NW, and will be doing my first photo match with them sometime next week, hopefully to try again in August.
  • ihavefaithihavefaith Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hi everyone! My name is Lindsay, I am 35 years old and live in Florida. I have wanted to be a mother for as long as I can remember. Had my childhood dreams worked out, I would be married with 3 kids by now but life had different plans. With no Mr Right in my life I really started seriously thinking about becoming an SMBC about a year ago. I have PCOS and have just recently begun doing a lot of research on how to heal and balance my body naturally through diet and lifestyle. I am happy to say that only after making changes for 2 weeks I ovulated naturally for the first time in the 3 months I have been tracking. I am currently in school to become an RN and will graduate May 2014. I plan to continue to try and get my PCOS under control naturally for the next year and track as if i am TTC in order to become more aware of my body. I then plan to actively begin AI once I graduate. I am excited to be a part of this board and excited to learn from all of you! Sticky baby dust to all!!!
  • cstkplus1cstkplus1 Posts: 30 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi everyone! My name is Sarah and my partner is Connie. We have two kids 8 and 10 and this will our third and first together. We will be starting Sept/October this year. We are excited to start this journey and look forward to following everyone else as well.
  • crocmomcrocmom Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi there,
    My wife (40) and I (37) are not new to NW Cryobank. A few years ago, after a long road of inseminations (over a year) with a known donor, we switched to NW, and on our third try with a NW donor, I was pregnant. In 2009, I gave birth to a beautiful little boy. We had always planned to start trying for a second child this year. In a very tragic turn of events, our son was diagnosed with a rare form of leukemia last summer. He passed away at the age of three this year. We have decided to start trying again this summer. We weren't done being moms, not by a long shot, and we hope our road to meeting our second child will be a short one.

Best of luck to all of you out there.
  • sgibson0082sgibson0082 Posts: 202
    edited November -1
    Hi my name is Siera (21) and my partner ashley(22) have been together over 6 years, even though we are still young were ready to have children, actually very excited! I have found that your post have been very informative but I do have a question. What are the chances of having multiples with IUI? We're considering ordering the swimmer and insemenating at home and I'm very nervous about multiples, we are considering having more than 1 child but not sure if we want them at the same time. Hope you all can help : ) thanks
    TTC #1= October - ICI-BFN
    #2= February 2014- IUI 4 hours- BFN
    #3= IUI- 10 hours 2nd IUI- 33 hours
    #4= June 2014- 2 vials - BFN
    image.jpg
  • neumeyer84neumeyer84 Posts: 248
    edited November -1
    Hi my name is Siera (21) and my partner ashley(22) have been together over 6 years, even though we are still young were ready to have children, actually very excited! I have found that your post have been very informative but I do have a question. What are the chances of having multiples with IUI? We're considering ordering the swimmer and insemenating at home and I'm very nervous about multiples, we are considering having more than 1 child but not sure if we want them at the same time. Hope you all can help : ) thanks
    Not very high.
    Same as any other pregnancy.
    You'll still probably only release 1 egg, which usually controls the # of embryos
    :)
    TTC #1
    7 plus iui- all BFN
    On to IVF this June!!!
    IM PREGNANT!!!!:))
    http://s964.photobucket.com/user/neumeyer84/media/IMG_0192-2_zpsgqdxmihe.jpg.html
  • Revie25Revie25 Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hi,

My name is Tereva I am 25 and just starting everything on being a smbc. I have PCOS and it has been hard for me in the past. I have lost weight and I'm ready to become a smbc. My family and friends are supporting me every step of the way. Planning this month for all the test and praying that next month will be the right month for me. Thanks for reading. Looking forward to reading everyone's story and learning something new.

Thanks

Tereva
  • Landis90Landis90 Posts: 112 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Everyone,

I guess I should finally get around to introducing myself :). My name is Amanda and I am 23 working full time as a secretary for the State of Missouri Department of Corrections. My first try was last month and it was a BFN. I had felt like the first time would be the charm but some life events happened causing a ton of added stress and I am sure that didn't help. Nevertheless, I am so excited about trying again this month! I will be a SMBC as I refuse to let life go by simply because I haven't found a partner yet. I was raised by my grandparents and want my children to have as much time as possible with them. I hope to have at least one child that shares my genetics and to foster/adopt down the road. Eventually I would love to have 5 as I grew up as an only child and have always loved the idea of a large family. I am so hopeful and ready to start the journey of motherhood!
  • kace94kace94 Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hi. I'm Kaycee from Oklahoma. I am 37 and single. I have had a myomectomy and a polypectomy and have had multiple problems with Ovarian Cysts and Endometriosis. I am TTC on my own and have been seeing an RE. I just began Femara and will start Follistim on Monday. Hopefully at my appointment next Friday I will receive the green light to Trigger! I have been TTC since May but had to have a polyp removed and then had a couple of large E2 producing cysts come up so had to wait another month each time. Finally it's here!

Best of luck to all of you reading this! :)
  • gcgc Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hi everyone. You can call me Reina. I'm a first year medical student, 23 (almost) and for the most part single. I've wanted to be a mom for as long as I can remember, and now that I'm on my own I'm ready to start making that a reality. I won't be TTC for another couple months yet, as I have things to get in order first and I need to track ovulation, but I'm hoping to start early next year.
  • bleablea Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hello there, I'm Brenda!

I'm 30 years old, and I work full time from home for a software company. I am very new to this process, and am still learning a lot from everyone!

I've wanted to be a mother since I was a young child. I've grown up and things haven't gone as planned for me - by this point, I should be on my 3rd child! I've learned a lot, though, from my past and am at a point now where I am ready to try to have a family. I am single but am fully committed to being a parent. According to my doctors, I have no known issue with fertility. My problem is timing!

I've already done one at-home cycle with NWCryobank, and while that didn't yield any great news, I am still excited to try. Though, if it doesn't work out the next couple of times, I've decided to see a doctor to aid in the process.

One question though, if you don't mind (I've seen this answer before, but I can't seem to find it now): how long does thawed sperm remain viable inside the female body? (Please, excuse the phrasing - I am having a tough time trying to come up with a delicate way to ask it :) )
  • Landis90Landis90 Posts: 112 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe I read somewhere that the sperm lives approx. 12 hrs inside us since it was frozen? its either the egg lasts 12 hours and the sperm lasts 24 or flipped? Basically not a whole lot of time to work with since fresh stuff lasts for days!
  • BabyMomma217BabyMomma217 Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Not sure where to begin with this introduction but here we go....

My name is Erin and my partner Jaime and I are trying to conceive our second child. We did our first at home insemination back in June and were thrilled when we found out we were expecting. Unfortunately, we lost the baby at 9 weeks. This will.be our first time trying since the miscarriage and we are currently in day 1 of the dreaded 2 week wait.
  • kinetic_janekinetic_jane Posts: 2
    edited November 2013
    Hello! Well, here goes my intro...My name is Jane and I am 34 years old and I am currently TTC my second child. I have a gorgeous 5 year old little girl from my first marriage who is the center of my universe. Once I got divorced, I assumed that I would not have any more children. However, I was lucky enough to find my DH in 2010 and we married almost exactly one year ago. My DH is 38 with no children of his own, but he sooooo wants to be a daddy! He loves my daughter like she's his own and is an awesome stepdad. Unfortunately, we aren't able to conceive without a little assistance since my DH has spina bifida. So in order to make things a little less complicated (and invasive and expensive), we've made the decision to go the donor route. We are seeing a RE and will do our first cycle of IUI + clomid + hCG (and possibly progesterone) once we've made it through the holiday madness. I have no known fertility issues, but we're taking a pretty aggressive approach to TTC so that we can, in my RE's words, "get pregnant and get out of here!" We are so very hopeful that we are successful and can add to our family soon! :D
  • bluejeansbluejeans Posts: 30
    edited November -1
    I'm Jean, 41, hoping to be a SMBC. I wish I had known about going this route 10 years ago when my ex left, after I got extremely healthy and was ready to have a baby. Then I got really sick and finally found out 2 years ago I have celiac disease, which has really taken a toll on my body. It has taken me almost 2 years to get my severe adrenal exhaustion under control and get all the foods that were causing me problems out of my diet (I am now up to 16 foods I react to, soy being even worse for me than gluten). I also have PCOS that I am trying to control naturally, doing what I did 10 years ago that worked, a low carb/high protein diet/no starches or sugars. Now that the adrenal exhaustion isn't so bad, I can start working out again. I have lost 40 pounds in the last 2 years, mostly because of taking out the foods I react to and not eating junk or drinking sodas because I can't eat it or it makes me very sick. My diet is very clean now, organic, totally NOT what I want to do but I have to do. I did look into adoption and 3 times was close, but they changed their minds. I also looked into foster/adopting, but my state actually sent me a letter stating they don't have enough funds for doing it anymore (huh?), so I'm at a standstill there. I'm going to do this by myself until the end of the year before going to medicated assisted IUI, but I'm hoping it works before then because I don't have any fertility coverage.
  • jerri.wjerri.w Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hi there! My name is Jerri, I'm 27 and my wife Katie is 29 and we've been together 13 years and married for 3 of those (high school sweethearts :) ). Originally from North Dakota we busted out to the wonderful San Francisco Bay and feel like we've found a place we can be ourselves and raise a family! We love kids and have wanted them for over 13 years now. I'm an RN and she works in childcare. We've decided that 2014 will be our year!! I'm going to try and carry, I've been tracking my cycles for over 6 months and have started my multivit. I'm fairly irregular but have never missed a period. I am having a hard time getting a direct + with the urine dipstick. I've been using the dipstick, CM and saliva microscope but mostly I can tell by my mood and body cues. We are purchasing vials this week but need to narrow down a donor!! So excited to finally try this out in a couple weeks after so long and so much research! Good luck to all! :D
  • grendlesgirlgrendlesgirl Posts: 6
    edited November -1
    I'm waiting for my vials to be delivered and it better be soon, my OPK was positive this morning! I am 37 and will be a single mom no previous children so this will be my first and only. I have a very supportive boyfriend who has his own children and doesn't live with me but is helping em with the process (I'm very lucky!). Just never met Mr right and never want to go through an ugly custody battle so decided to go this way after a lesbian friend told me about how it worked for them. I'm fertile like crazy and it runs in the family - my mom was on the pill with me and had an IUD when she had my sister so I'm hoping to have good odds of getting it done on the first try, especially since I need to have as much money as I can save for all the expenses down the road. Thanks to all for the helpful information they have shared on everything, I really appreciate it.

Now hurry up UPS guy!
  • tattoofan24tattoofan24 Posts: 9
    edited November -1
    Hi Everyone. My name is Stacy. I am 29 and my wife, Cheryl is 28. We have been together for almost three years and married for a bit over one year. We have been actively TTC since August 2013, with me as the carrier. We completed 3 IUIs (medicated with Femara, third one with Ovidrel trigger as well) which were all BFNs. I had a hysteroscopy and laparoscopy in November. At that time, my RE found that I had endometriosis and a much worse uterine septum than what we had already knew was present. Those were both fixed and we are ready to try again. I have been using Gonal-F injects for a week now. We go back up Friday for another check, and I imagine I will trigger Friday night for IUI #4 on Sunday. As of Tuesday morning, I had three dominant follicles. We are hoping that this will be the cycle for our BFP. We did switch donors; however, I fully believe that there was nothing wrong with the first donor we used. The issues I had were enough to keep me from getting pregnant.
    Attempted the TTC game from 2013-2015 with much heartache and one c/p. Pulled out almost all the stops, including two fresh IVF cycles and two frozen. Diagnosed with endometriosis and have had two surgeries since 2013.

Fast forward three years and a divorce later, my girlfriend and I are holding out hope that it just wasn't meant to be for me in my previous life and we're giving it a go at home. Maybe we are crazy, but we sure do have some hope.
  • edited November -1
    Hello everyone I'm Nikki, 31 years of age and single mother to a 9 year old son. I had a MC back in 12/2003 and conceived my son in 1/2004. I have had endometriosis since I was 13 and was told a few years back that I have underactive thyroid, but was never prescribed any medication. Lately I have been using OPKs & charting changes in CM but hopefully I can start charting my BBT in hopes of getting my BFP with my first IUI. I am hoping to start TTC next month to give my son a sibling. Baby dust to everyone and good luck!!
  • brezo326brezo326 Posts: 12
    edited November -1
    Hi all!
    My wife and I are starting our TTC journey in the new year. We have been married for a year and a half, and have been together for 6 years (we are 27 and 28 years old). We absolutely can not wait to start a family of our own (we currently have a hedgehog, of whom we joke is our spiny son) :-)
    I will be carrying, and have started prenatal vitamins and tracking....haven't gotten a handle on charting yet, but making attempts. Crossing our fingers because my cycle is to the 28th day each month. Hoping not to find any infertility surprises along the way, but we have very limited info on my body and how it handles swimmers (never had NI, no previous IUI attempts). We are very excited to hopefully have settled on NW Cryobank for our future children, and ideally will be buying vials for our first attempts in the spring.
    Pleased to meet you all!
  • thirdtoeheadthirdtoehead Posts: 6
    edited November -1
    Donor 3399 tried this summer& donor 5260 in dec... No luck trying 255m this month - Helen & Natalie
  • LovedoesLovedoes Posts: 20
    edited November -1
    Hi all I am soon to be beginning my TTC journey. This will be my first child and if all goes well I would love to add a sibling or two for my future little one. I am fairly young being close to but not over 25 and will be a single mom though will have the help and support of my amazing Momma whom herself was a single mom. I've not had much luck in the dating field and have many friends who think they have found Mr. Right only to have to go through ugly custody battles and that alone scares me so when I heard about NWcyro bank things just kind of clicked and I had an "this is it" moment. Looking forward to getting to know everyone here :)
  • ThinkTinkThinkTink Posts: 54
    edited November -1
    Hi Everyone! I am very new to the TTC journey. I have been viewing/researching for a while with last year more or less being the year to put my "ducks" in a row. I am single with the plan to be a SMBC. I just turned 30 and my plan is to really TTC this summer. I've just started charting and taking vitamins to start my prep work! Like many other women that have made the choice to try it alone- I just have ALWAYS loved children. I've always wanted children. I thought I would meet someone in my 20s, but it just didn't happen. I'm financially secure (I've been patient to wait until I was) so I can be the best mom I can be. I can't tell everyone enough how inspiring you all are! I am a nerd by trade and I'm looking forward to learning more from ya'all!
  • laura208laura208 Posts: 4
    edited November -1
    Hi everyone. I have an awesome set of twins from donor 051L and I was hoping to find someone with extra vials they would like to sell to me so I can give my kidos a little brother or sister.
  • BurnhamnolanBurnhamnolan Posts: 3
    edited November -1
    Hello,
    My name is Chrissy and my wife and I are just starting our journey to conceive. We are foster/adoptive parents and we have adopted 2 boys, we are fostering with the hopes of adopting 2 more boys. I have always said that I wanted a large family I just didn't realize how large until I was trying to get my double stroller down an aisle at publix while keeping my two bigger ones in view! So I think we are done adopting for a bit and I would like to experience giving birth one time. My boys are 3,5,9,13 and my wife and I are both 26. We live a very active life and we are excited and crossing our fingers to add a little girl to the mix. We have fostered an infant and we don't think we could handle it again. Ollie leaving us was the hardest thing I have ever experienced so it's time to add our own little one into our village. Time to delve into these great forums and see what we are getting ourselves into.