Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Introduce Yourself :)

Comments

• Options
    CutekiwiCutekiwi Posts: 80
    edited November -1
    Good luck Zena

rosenas31 wrote:
    Hello,

I am Zena and I am finally starting my TTC journey at the of age 33. I will be a single mom by choice and I am excited to be on this journey finally. I wanted to try sooner, however about a year ago I found out I was allergic to a lot of different foods, this after being sick constantly for 3 years. Now, that I have my health again I going to try for baby # 1, coming up in the next 4 days when I am due to ovulate.

Wishing baby dust on everyone and a successful cycle. :)
  • Options
    NwblondemommaNwblondemomma Posts: 75
    edited January 2015
    Hi! Newbie here ... Mother of 1 , happily married , So here we are finally with some answeres and after careful research we are ready to jump on this boat at TTC via ICI and hoping for this month or next :)
    TTC
    ICI 1/15 - BFN
    ICI 9/15 - BFN
    ICI 5/16 - BFN
  • Options
    khumphrieskhumphries Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    I am VERY new to this. I am 30 years old and am healthy. I do not have any cists or anything wrong with my uterus. My wife and I are trying to start a family. I have a blocked f. tube on my right side.

I started my IUI process roughly a month ago. I just finished my first round of Clomid 100 4 days ago (Thursday) and I went in for an u/s this morning and I had 3 follicles at 10cm.. I am very frustrated yet uneducated in this area. I am only 4 days off Clomid... is there still a chance my follicles could grow in the next few days? I am stressing about it and just would like some more information from those who know about it!

Thank you!!
  • Options
    KPJKPJ Posts: 14
    edited November -1
    Hi everybody! Kati and Patrice in VA. Have been researching and getting ready for a while and hoping to start trying next cycle :) Has anybody used 6279? Just curious- he doesn't have a pic. My wife is Native American and we are trying to get as close as possible in appearance. Planning on doing @ home ICI. Words of wisdom always appreciated :) .
  • Options
    laura.jon2012laura.jon2012 Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hi, my name is Laura. My husband and I are TTC. Here is a little back ground on us :)

We have been together for 6 1/2 years and married for 2 1/2 of those. He had a vasectomy 20 years ago and I have never been pregnant before. He thought he was done having kids and I was okay with that then. As time has gone on, I feel like a child would complete us.

We are very new to this, but have done some research on the internet. We would love any input on the process. Good or bad.

Thank you so much!!
    Jon & Laura

JLGisler@outlook.com
  • Options
    XAXA Posts: 13
    edited March 2015
    Hi all!

I'm Xenia, my partner and I were TTC for 6 years before a BFP for our first baby. We started with IUI & Clomid, then moved on to IVF, one unsuccessful cycle in the UK, and one successful at Embio fertility clinic in Greece.

I have Latvian heritage and my partner has Irish, Polish & English, we found a donor who was a combo of all three and just perfect for us! We wanted full siblings, but he's no longer donating and we can't find any vials so we're on the lookout for another similar donor now.

Good luck everyone, baby dust to all!

X xx
    TTC 7 years. Xenia (Me) 32, Alex 33
    2008-2013 Trying naturally, 8 IUIs
    Nov 2013 First IVF in UK, Manchester- BFN
    Jan 2014 IVF at Embio, Greece- BFP! Beautiful baby girl :)
    Apr 2015 IVF abroad, BFP
  • Options
    vilmarisvvilmarisv Posts: 14
    edited November -1
    Hi everyone!

Single aspiring mom here. I've decided that I will not keep waiting around for Mr Right to have a child. I have a great support system who are all in this with me and the biological clock is ticking at 34.
    My sister is an MD and she will be doing my AI at home. I have not been tracking my cycle so I have a few months before TTC but it will give me time to getting my body ready with better diet and pre-natals.
    Hopefully I'll have my own BFP by the end of the year!
    Aspiring SMBC
    Trying for 1st time IUI at home in June
  • Options
    KBthelandmanKBthelandman Posts: 71
    edited November -1
    Hello! Married 40 y/o mom of 4 here, TTC #5 with the love of my life. My oldest child is 22, youngest (twins) are 11. My DH has no biological kids of his own due to having a zero sperm count. (After 7+ years together and no pregnancy with him, we both had labs/testing done.) Our RE advised using donor eggs and sperm b/c of my age and his azoospermia. We wanted to try at home ICI with donor sperm first, as I've been charting since 6/2014 with regular cycles and predictable ovulation. Anyone else here in similar circumstances? Any older ladies TTC?
  • Options
    WindyCityMommasWindyCityMommas Posts: 8
    edited November -1
    Hi! I am currently in my TWW from an IUI insem. I am 25 years old, and my partner is 24. She has 3 little girls (7, 5, and 2) that live with us during the week, and we can't wait to have a baby of our own together. We were able to find a donor that is almost exactly my partner's background (a big mix of things!) and we couldn't be more excited. Hoping for first time success with this one!

Good luck to those trying to conceive and those in the TWW!
    TTC our first in February! Me: 25 DP: 24
  • Options
    girlsquirrelgirlsquirrel Posts: 4
    edited November -1
    Hi! I have been a silent observer of these forums for a while. I am 34 and married. My hubby had a vasectomy during his previous marriage after they had two kids together. We have been together 9 years and have TTC, unsuccessfully, with donor inseminations in 4 cycles over the past year. We will try again this upcoming week. I have gained so much knowledge and hope from viewing these pages. I wish you all health and baby dust.
  • Options
    mzdanielle14mzdanielle14 Posts: 6
    edited November -1
    yfnr wrote:
    Here is the official introduce yourself thread :)

Share your story...as much or as little of it...so that others know your journey and what brought you here :)

I OFFICIALLY began my journey of TTC this February. So far I did a self IUI at home and got a BFN. I was hurt and devasted. Never cried so hard about my cycle starting. I was to try again this cycle, but other life events prevent me from doing so. So, I'm postponing until next month. I hope I will acheive my goal then. Good luck to the rest of you TTC.
  • Options
    erica.woodringerica.woodring Posts: 70
    edited November -1
    Hi!!
    My name is Erica and my wife (whose name is also Erica :P) and I are hoping to do at home ICI in the near future. My wife and I have been together for 8 years and recently got married last July. We are very very excited to start the process!! We are very interested in donor 6279, being that my wife is Hispanic and he is one of the only Hispanic donors that nw cryo carries. Any tips, tricks, or even general information that anyone could share is greatly appreciated. We are new at this and have googling our lives away but nothing compares to word of mouth experience. Thanks again!!
    TTC #1 in January 2016! :)
    Erica & Erica (started dating 12/06; married 07/14) TTC Attempt #1 01/16 BFN, #2 02/16 - BFP, ended in MC at 6 weeks; Attempt #3 07/16 BFN; Attempt #4 9/16 - BFN; Attempt #5 10/16 - BFN
  • Options
    mindystarmindystar Posts: 218
    edited November -1
    Hello :) I made the decision six years ago to become a Choice Mom/SMBC. Over that time I've waffled back and forth over bio kiddos and international adoption (feeling called there). Two and a half years ago I started going to an RE and it took nine months to get me from the consultation to my first IUI, which just seemed insanely crazy. I did one IUI with them and took the negative test a lot harder than I thought I would. This year I've just really felt like it's now or never if I'm going to try for a bio child. I turned 36 last month and think this may be that biological clock going off. I've always wanted to be a mom and thought for sure I'd be married and have five children by the time I was 30 ;) I just really didn't want to go through all that I did when I went to the RE last time. Like not looking forward to it AT ALL. Somehow I came across that NW would ship directly to me and I could try at home, and the vials were much more affordable than the ones I had to choose from with the RE. Looking forward to the donor I have chose to become available and get started with ICI at home :) It's nice to be excited to try!
    I have to say that in the last month or so, I've been really gleaning a lot from these boards already! It will be nice to start participating as well :) Good luck to all :)
    Hoping and waiting to be a Choice Mom/SMBC!
    6/2013 IUI-BFN
    5/2015 ICI-BFN
    6/2015-ICI-BFN
    7/2015-ICI-BFN :(
    My journey now is leading to international adoption...the best of luck to all you mommies out there!
  • Options
    ChilleyLilleyChilleyLilley Posts: 1
    edited April 2015
    39 and hoping to be a SMBC soon. Was married as a teenager and divorced by my mid twenties without children. Ex husband found out several years after our divorce with his wannabe baby mamma that his sperm don't swim and he now has two children via icsi (I think that is what he told me).
    Was on super low dose BC pills and found out about the surprise pregnancy the same day as the miscarriage at 14 weeks when I was 26 y/o with ex-fiance.
    Went on to have to have 2 more miscarriages at less than 8 weeks, all on the pill in my late twenties. Found out low dose BC doesn't work for me. I broke up with fiance at 30 and decided to follow a life long dream and made a career change to a male dominated profession. At 31, was verbally, emotionally, physically and sexually assaulted by three male co-workers. Left the job with ptsd (much better now, though I still refuse to get on an elevator etc alone with one or more men), been fighting a court battle all the way to the Supreme Court and back for justice ever since...still in the thick of it nearly nine years later.
    So, with zero interest or ability to trust men and still celibate to this day since the assault, I did my first at home insemination at 37. I got pregnant first try and miscarried, due to stress from my court case, I didn't try again. Last May at nearly 39, I went to an RE, told her about the miscarriages and that I had developed symptoms of hypothyroid and might be low on progesterone. I had all kinds of tests. I was told I don't have fertility issues. My AMH was really high at around 5 or 6 ( I only remember it was almost too high as in PCOS high), FSH was excellent, no blocked tubes etc (they do sit high, my ovaries do too) I remember my RE saying I had the numbers of an average 25 year old. Turned 39 by the time testing was done and by the time I did an IUI using New York Cryo donor. Miscarried at 4 weeks, with hcg only a 5...RE didn't consider me pregnant as their lab only reports a positive with OVER 5, not at 5. I again wanted tested for my thyroid and pergesterone. My insurance would have paid for it.
    She refused saying I needed to have two real miscarriages under the clinics care, bring in the "discharge" for testing etc before they will do more testing on me as they don't believe I have fertility issues. Nope...only five dead babies...move along, nothing to see here folks. I think it was ectopic as the pain in my ovary I ovulated from had intense pain shooting all the way down to my uterus. I still have pulling on that side and of course I have been refused a sono even by my regular obgyn. I have a Cadillac plan. Gotta love Texas healthcare, I'm new to the state and I'm just appalled at the difference here compared to my midwest home state doctors and clinics.
    I have seen half a dozen doctors for the issue and since my TSH is "normal" at a 4, !#&%!?? They wouldn't do any more testing. Finally found a well know/highly recommended Dr and paid $2000 out of pocket as he is cash only and I actually have a serious T3 thyroid disorder and possibly the beginnings of Hashimotos as I have thyroid antibodies in the middle range (your not supposed to have any), this was thought to be brought on by the extreme stress over my assault and court case for nearly a decade, but less stress won't cure it, damage is done and that's how it works I was told. I also had low B12 and Folic Acid even though I take prenatal vitamins, I had almost no Vitamin D. Progesterone was just "OK". I have been on very high dose supplements 20K Vit D a day etc. I'm on Armour thyroid meds 90mg a day and will most likely need an increase in dosage soon. However, it is all working good and I hope to try an ICI at home later this month.

Sorry for the long rant/intro. I'm pretty ticked off at him and question if a higher power even exists since 9 years ago...but prayers would be appreciated anyway. Thanks.
  • Options
    winterwinter Posts: 2
    edited November -1
    Hi! I'm Winter. I'm 21 years old (gonna be 22 in a couple months) and planning to be a SMBC. I'm planning to do my first AI near the end of May.

Just want to wish everyone luck in trying to conceive! :)
  • Options
    LyndseyLyndsey Posts: 3
    edited April 2015
    Hi ladies,

I'm Lyndsey. I'm 31, a former Catholic school teacher. I prayed and waited for a long time to meet 'the one' and finally decided to go ahead with starting my family, and if the the one comes along later... that's fine. :) I left my home state and parochial school to join the public school system (better benefits and can't fire unwed mothers!). I also relocated to South Carolina to be nearer to my sister and nieces; so my future little bean will have family around.

Everyone in my family and inner circle has been super supportive and urging me to start asap, I know I'm blessed to have their support. I'm just hoping to time it with the school year so I can have as much time home after delivery as possible. Planning to start insemination in June; but you know what they say about the best laid plans. Lol. I'm grateful to have found this board and so many experienced and supportive new friends. Best of luck to all of you!

Lyn :cool:
  • Options
    perfectmillionperfectmillion Posts: 106 ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Hi!

I have been lurking for a little bit now, and decided it was time to introduce myself.

I'm Ashley, I am 30. I am married to the most wonderful guy, for almost two years now. We started TTC before we got married, and always got BFNs. We assumed it was me, because I go through phases where I don't have a period for months.

One day my husband visited his doctor because he was tired ALL the time. His testosterone level was very low. He was sent to an endocrinologist who performed a SA, since he had mentioned we were trying. It came back 0. So he got referred to a urologist who is local but supposed to be one of the best in the country. He had hoped we could go in and remove swimmers, but generic testing showed a microdeletion and he does not produce anything. He was heartbroken, he has always wanted to be a dad.

While this was all happening, I was taking clomid and progesterone, which seemed to be helping. After the diagnosis, I just gave up. The endocrinologist had told him our only options were adoption or being childless. We aren't okay with that. We took a year to regroup. We decided we still wanted the experience of pregnancy ourselves.

I went in and had my annual and they pulled a lot of blood, and helped us get an appointment with an RE. All my bloodworm came back good except my Vitamin D. So now I am supplementing. She said everything else looked good.

We don't have our first RE appointment until July 29 :( We have our list narrowed down to an ideal donor with a couple backups, but I love the one we found. He reminds me so much of my husband.

Also, sorry about spelling or grammar issues. I am on my tablet coming home from the in laws. Our families don't know what is going on which makes t harder to not feel alone.
  • Options
    pollyannapollyanna Posts: 16
    edited November -1
    hi my name is polly. i am 45yrs old and did my first ICI this past week. i did an IUI 12 yrs ago for my first child.
  • Options
    ScorchkatsScorchkats Posts: 77
    edited November -1
    Hello everyone. My wife and I are waiting one more month to track my cycle so we can be as accurate as possible when ordering and shipping. This is our first time TTC so we would love to just start next week, but the cycle before last was a little off. I'm afraid to order using last month's data if my cycle flip flops every other month. I'm driving my wife a little crazy with baby mania, lol. I already have almost our whole registry done! There are certain stores and products that we are saving for the pregnancy stage, but I've been having a blast researching the best baby products. I'm a professor at a university and my wife is finishing up her BA- she will also be a teacher. We have 4 dogs and a cat that we are preparing for baby land. Only my brother knows we are TTC because we want to surprise everyone and not have the added stress and pressure either. It has been very hard though not busting out with it. I'll update when we are ready next month!
  • Options
    New-mama?New-mama? Posts: 593
    edited November -1
    Hi, I am 27 and looking to be a single mother by choice. I have never attempted this before. Since my late teens I knew I would go this route if mr right didn't make an appearance by the time I was 29 but lately I have been having a lot of dreams in which I have either just had a child or I am pregnant. I do no want to miss my opportunity to have kids or go through a lot of fertility issues if I can avoid them. I have been tracking my cycle for 3 months now and have a very high fertility rate in my family. I am hoping to try in home insemination mid December as a gift to myself. Any tips would be appreciated.
    TTC attempt 1: ICI Dec 2015 BFN/Attempt 2-3 IUI Jan&April 2016 BFN/Attempt 4: 1ICI 1 IUI May 2016 BFN/Attempt 5-7: ICI-June, Sept, Nov 2016 BFN/Attempt 8-9 iui April 2017 BFN.
    May 2017 IUI BFP!!!!
    pregnant-1494046800z5z1495083600z1.png
    tt1d86de
  • Options
    summercasummerca Posts: 3
    edited November -1
    I am new here, but have been kind of lurking. My name is Denise and I am 33 years-old. I am hoping to attempt my first try in March, as I have been tracking my cycle using the Clear Blue Fertility Monitor. I have been wanting to do this for a long time. I am planning on doing this at home on my own. Just really reading as much as I can to prepare myself for every step along the way.
  • Options
    txmama28txmama28 Posts: 20
    edited November -1
    Hi I'm coretta and I'm 27 and live in beaumont Texas. I have 2 baby girls 6 and 2. I'm not looking to get married anytime soon. And I just one to have one more child. I have my own buisness resale shop which can be stressful but a blessing. I hope all you ladies are blessed with your future miracles. God bless
  • Options
    superjamiek07superjamiek07 Posts: 7
    edited November -1
    Hi I"m Jamie, I plan on TTC starting in January as a Single Mother by Choice. 37 yo, never married, no kids I work as an RN, BSN IN Kansas
  • Options
    LadywithsodomojoLadywithsodomojo Posts: 96
    edited December 2015
    Hi there,
    My name is Nicole and I suppose with this posting I am making it official that I am moving forward with beginning a family!
    I turn 30 in January and will be a single mother by choice. I am currently a household manager/nanny and portrait photographer in Seattle, WA. My current timeline for TTC is beginning the process summer of 2016. Looking forward to having some good conversations on here with women who "get" me!
  • Options
    bbmaybbbmayb Posts: 6
    edited November -1
    My wife and I did our first at home insemination in October. Planning round 2 in February. I was really optimistic the first go around and it was heartbreaking to discover I wasn't pregnant. We are trying to do this with no chemical assistance. I am fairly young and I hope that I can become pregnant as naturally as possible. I'm used opks and tested cm first round. I'm considering temping but it seems really complicated. I would love any suggestions on naturally increasing fertility.
  • Options
    TwoMamasTwoMamas Posts: 20 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello, everyone :) We are Joni (30) and Kristin (25). We've been together for 6 years and live in Virginia :-) We are trying to conceive, and Kristin will be carrying our bundle of joy. We'll be inseminating in our doctor's office. Trying to choose the perfect donor has been quite challenging but we hope to have our first attempt in January.

Nice to meet everyone :-)
    -Joni
  • Options
    bbmaybbbmayb Posts: 6
    edited November -1
    TwoMamas wrote:
    Hello, everyone :) We are Joni (30) and Kristin (25). We've been together for 6 years and live in Virginia :-) We are trying to conceive, and Kristin will be carrying our bundle of joy. We'll be inseminating in our doctor's office. Trying to choose the perfect donor has been quite challenging but we hope to have our first attempt in January.

Nice to meet everyone :-)
    -Joni

Good luck!!!!!
  • Options
    GearingUpGearingUp Posts: 2
    edited December 2015
    Hi. My husband (48) and I (39, nearly 40) are gearing up to do at-home insemination. We hope to do my first in July, 2016. We live in Salem, OR.

I've done a whole heckuvalot of internet research, but was relieved to read posts from real people.

My husband and I met 7 years ago, married 2 years. He had a vasectomy in the late 90s. When we decided we wanted to have a child together, we spoke with his doctor who said a reversal would likely NOT be successful because so many years had passed. My husband already has 2 grown children, I have none. I was heartbroken. It killed me to think that I could never carry a life. Ever since I was a girl I knew that was what I wanted; unfortunately, I fell in love with a man who couldn't give that to me... UNTIL I started poking around the good ol' internet.

We had gone as far as to ask very close friends to be donors to no avail. I have looked at crazy forums with men offering free donations, but we couldn't bring ourselves to do it. We just couldn't take the chance. Then I found NW Cryo and I hope that it will be just what we need!

We are SO excited about the possibility and I can't wait to sift through all your posts! It gives me hope. I know I'm old and things may be more difficult, but it's something I want so badly. I just cross my fingers and hope that things will work out!

Thanks
  • Options
    jag2007jag2007 Posts: 27
    edited November -1
    Hello Everyone,

My Husband is 37 and I am 35. I have one daughter from a previous relationship, who is 13 and another daughter who we used a donor through another company who is 6. My girls are the light of my life. I really would like a little boy, but just want another healthy bundle of joy to share our love with.

After trying for over 1 year and never using and contraception for the 6 prior years my husband and I went through some testing and discovered that my husband is unable to have children. We really wanted another child and did use donor sperm and IUI at that time. It took us 2 IUI attempts and we became pregnant. I was also on clomid at that time, but I tested fine they just wanted to increase our odds.

This time we are going to try to do at home insemination and pray for good results. I hope all goes well and we can have a little bundle of joy by next new year!!
  • Options
    KimiMomsKimiMoms Posts: 6
    edited November -1
    Hello! I am 30 and my wife is also 30. We are trying to conceive baby #2. Our Son is 9yrs old. ( I know huge gap Lol). I really had my heart set on adoption as that has been in my heart for such a long time. After 2 fielded matches, and My wife's failed attempt due to PCOS, it is now my turn. I have no known fertility issues. We have already attempted 1 cycle last month with a BFN because we inseminated too early. ( Anxiously got ahead of ourselves.) Wishing everyone a bunch of baby dust!!!