Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Introduce Yourself :)

Comments

• Options
    mforreymforrey Posts: 4
    edited November -1
    Hi all! DH and I have been TTC for 5 years and NTNP for 6. Dh has non-obstructive azoospermia, so no sperm. :( We didn't really pursue any treatment for the first three years after finding out due to finances and just feeling overwhelmed with the severity of our diagnoses. Finally, in August we decided to pursue FET with donor embryo because DH wasn't quite comfortable with donor sperm and neither was I. The process has been long, drawn out, expensive and STRESSFUL. I've been considering asking DH about donor sperm again for a couple of months, but kept deciding not to. Finally the other night, I brought it up to him and explained how hard the process with donor embryos has been for me and how I'm scared of all of the medications our specific RE requires, especially since I have no fertility issues. I was SHOCKED when he immediately said YES! We are both still a little nervous and using donor sperm is going to take a lot of grace for each other, but I think accepting that we would be using donor embryos brought us to a place where we've accepted that we have to work with what we have. ANYWAY, we are going to make our first donor sperm purchase in a few weeks and attempt our first at home ICI! After 5 years of TTC/infertility, I know my cycles really well, so I think we're going to be a little lax as far as temping and OPKs on the first try. I stress easily about this kind of stuff and I feel like we may actually be more successful if I just trust my body and follow my body's lead. We may go ahead and use three vials the first time around to up our chances of success as well. I am ECSTATIC!
  • Options
    handsomecowboohandsomecowboo Posts: 284
    edited November -1
    Keeping my FX for you both!
  • Options
    WAMommaWAMomma Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hi there! I'm 41 with 2 healthy boys, 17 & 20. My hubby & I have been together 10 years & figured if we are going to do this, 2016 is our year. Hubby has had a vasectomy & had low sperm counts before that. We will be trying IUI at home.
  • Options
    cadenceemurraycadenceemurray Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hi! My name is Cadence. I am 19 years old and live on my own. I work two jobs, and have wanted to be a mom since I was young. I do not have a boyfriend, so I have decided to go the route of donor sperm. I am trying IUI at home and am a little nervous. I was diagnosed with PCOS last year so I am trying to eat healthier and exercise more to up my chances of getting pregnant. I would love to hear other people's experience with PCOS and donor sperm. Looking forward to meeting all of you!
  • Options
    lcdickerson14lcdickerson14 Posts: 7
    edited November -1
    Hi!

My name is Lindsay and I am TTC w/ my husband of almost 2 years :) I am 25 and he is 29. We have always known that eventually we wanted to start a family of our own, it was really just based on when the right time was. Well, that time has finally come! We have already experienced our first year of marriage together and gotten used to each other's normal routines. Now, going on our second year of marriage, we figured this would be the perfect time to start our little family. We live in Tennessee, and have such an amazing support system while starting this journey together. We just ordered our very first vial and hoping that our lucky day will be February 21st!

The best of luck to all of you who are also TTC & of course... sprinkling lots of baby dust your way :)
    #1 IUI - February 21, 2016 - TBD
  • Options
    jenco1980jenco1980 Posts: 7
    edited February 2016
    Hi, long time lurker here ...
    I ordered 2 vials of donor 9924 and had a positive opk this morning @ 6. I thought I had a plan for at home iui (in the cervix) bought speculum, syringe catheter and was planning AI @ 12 and 24 hours past. I'm a bit confused now though bc my donor only had iui/Ivf vials available.. On the description from NW you can only put this kind up to and not into cervix? Is this true.. Any advice would be appreciated :) I have 2 older children but am brand new to the AI world... Maybe I should be posting this somwhere else??
  • Options
    Dakota4Dakota4 Posts: 8
    edited February 2016
    Hi. Long time lurker..single mom that really would like one more child. 37 and decided I better get started. Currently in my 2ww with vials from donor 1317
  • Options
    Deandra ScrewsDeandra Screws Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Who can tell me some tips on
    jammer 3g? I will apreciate everyone who can help me.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hello! My name is Sarah and I'm a middle school librarian. I have three bearded dragons, so that's how I earned my nickname "the dragon librarian". It's also a great name to help kids maintain their best behavior LOL.

So here's the personal stuff: I have been diagnosed with PCOS. I was put on metformin, but the depression it caused made me suicidal. So, I can't be put on them again. I've been working closely with my OB. This "cycle" she put me on ovulation pills.

My husband has ED. The doctor tried many different prescriptions for him... but I'm thinking it's more of a mental thing because of horrors from his childhood. He does not want to see a psychologist about it, and honestly, I can't blame him. I have PTSD, and when it comes to adults in positions of power, it's very hard to trust them.

So, we've been trying artificial insemination using Blossom Cups. I tried using Softcups, but they caused massive cramping and they just didn't fit. With the Blossom Cup, I was able to get a smaller one to fit me, and it doesn't cause me any pain. So far, it's too early to tell... but I have so many questions. It feels like a giant science experiment.... and trying to keep my emotions regulated is near to impossible.

I'm looking for a support system with people who are using Blossom Cups or any other kind of cup. I just need someone to talk to about my worries and questions.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Erika14Erika14 Posts: 24
    edited November -1
    Hi there.... long time lurker :)
    I am 39.
    I was married and have a 16 year old daughter. Got divorced when she was 4 and never had more children, but always wanted more!

My Fiance had a vasectomy, so we started trying with home ICI/IUI's - no luck yet.
    This month we are trying one last IUI with the Dr.

If that doesn't work, September 10th my fiance has appointment for Vasectomy Reversal.
    Hoping a baby is in our future.
    We both love children and I love being a mother, for 16 years I dreamed of having another, just hoping my dream comes true!
  • Options
    nashvillegirl32nashvillegirl32 Posts: 5
    edited August 2016
    HI! I am 32 yrs old and I'm back to the fertility forums!

My husband and I have 3 children combined. I have a 10 yr old boy from a previous relationship, no issues getting pregnant. Then, my husband and I met and got married and tarted trying right away. We never got a positive natural pregnancy due to male infertility. We did IVF in 2012. We got pregnant on the first try and had twins later that year. Our twins are now 3.5 yrs old and we would like 1 more but don't want to do IVF again so we are trying donor sperm. We will try a few ICI before moving onto anything more invasive again.

We are inseminating today. Please send us baby dust. :)<3
  • Options
    c_denmc_denm Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    I am 38 year single female currently actively dating one guy. Well my life started like any woman thinking that someday I will married and have kids simple as that. Not so much, I was married once at 23 years old to a physically and emotionally abusive man, I was only married 2 years and at 25 I knew I would meet another guy to marry and have kids with. After one long term cohabiting relationship of 5 years and countless other dead relationships here I am 38 no kids and really wanting to have at least 1 before I get too old. I never thought there was an option for a person like me, but NW gave me hope that I could still have my dream of coming true of being a mom. I prayed long and hard and I waited to find a 2nd husband for me to marry and have a child with but it never happened as of yet at 38 so now I figure I can be married at any age in life but unfortunately I cant be a mother at any age in life. So instead of putting that pressure of a dating partner to hurry and marry me so I can have your kid or hey lets just have a kid I decided to go this route. I have been thinking of doing this for about 2 years and this year I finally had the courage to go through with order my first sperm to try for Sept I know if it dont work I will keep trying. I am determine that I will be a mother and I will feel better about my situation. I have cried myself to sleep many nights not over not being able to find that husband but not having had any kids as of yet. A part of me feels very broken about that. I do a great job of covering it up in front of family and friends but I dread babyshowers and other big events like weddings and showers because it just feels so painful not to have had a child by now. Marriages come and go but your child is yours forever. I wish all the soon to mom the best of luck on this journey.
  • Options
    tckiefertckiefer Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hi, I'm actually a man. My sister in law is a single 31 year old woman and hasn't had much luck in love but badly wants a baby and her ideal situation would be to find a co-parent and I being the helpful sort I am offered to help in anyway I can but don't have much of an idea of where to start looking and I was wondering if anyone here maybe able to suggest some possible avenues for her to investigate. Thank you so much.
  • Options
    JesscpJesscp Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    I am so scared to share my story, because I deserve any and all criticism directed towards me. I tried to join another, larger group and read all the posts in response to my initial introduction, and although they were very painful to read, I know I created this problem for myself, and I promise I own my mistakes. But I finally blocked the emails as spam about 6 months after my post because the reponses hurt me, emotionally, so badly. I know I deserve them. I know that may have been the coward's way out, but they hurt me so badly, though I know I could have hurt others... I'll explain all this in a bit. I know how wrong I am as a human being on so many levels, but I still (selfishly) seek any support a group may offer, so I'll try one more time. I promise everyone I'm not seeking any kind of sympathy, I just sincerely want to connect to anyone as screwed up as I am, that can help me in my situation. I'm not looking to make friends, as I know I'm not the kind of person anyone would want to be friends with. Please, if I'm in the wrong place, just ask me to leave, and I will so quickly... I know I've made mistakes, I admit to them all freely, if I'm not "mother" material just let me know, I won't try to attain it again, nor support in trying to become one, I promise! Please I can't take many more angry comments...
    Please don't think I'm asking for sympathy or forgiveness, that's not my intent....... anyway I'm a 38 year old usaf vet ( I understand the military stereotype, but that's not me), my husband and I have been trying to concieve for 4 years, the Veterans Administration doesn't exactly hand out fertility drugs, and I'm curious if anyone's tried the drugs from Canada or UK? I'm fairly desperate...
  • Options
    nancypersin27nancypersin27 Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hello friends my name is Nancy Persin.After 6 years trying to conceive I finally got pregnant 3 weeks after i use IYA HINDI NATIVE I never thought that there will be a real and sincere herbal doctor till i came in contact with IYA Hindi Native who gave me the reason to believe so.I was not able to conceive and almost led to breaking up of my marriage,but all thanks goes to Native Hindi for his roots and herbs he gave me after contacting him,i become pregnant at the actual time he gave me and My husband and I went to the doctor as I found out to be pregnant 3 weeks now and my husband is so happy with my again and love me more before of .contact him for your own testimony on: hindinative@yahoo.com .
  • Options
    jhfrp5@yahoo.comjhfrp5@yahoo.com Posts: 32
    edited February 2017
    Hi! My name is Emily, I'm 34, and I live in Idaho. I'm single and am quite happy that way actually. I tried for 7 years to have a child and had 5 miscarriages. With testing, I discovered I have diabetes and 2 gene mutations, all of which can be successfully treated. Armed with this knowledge, my last insemination attempt took and I gave birth in November 2016 to a beautiful little 7 pound 14 ounce baby girl. She came 4 weeks early and spent 3 days in NICU. Other than that and a tongue tie that has since been corrected, she has been completely healthy. I am so in love with my beautiful little girl and I love every second of parenthood! I am now looking to have a second child so she will have a sibling. I have read that a woman is most fertile soon after giving birth, so I figure this is the time to try again. Hopefully within a year or so I will have another little one.
  • Options
    BabyinMTBabyinMT Posts: 4
    edited November -1
    Hi my partner and I are just starting out on the TTC journey. We have been together almost 10 years and married for 5 1/2 (legally in MT for 2!). We are both 41 and decided we'd better get moving if we were going to do this bio-family thing.

We bought our first vials while on vacation this January and did our first insemination at home on January 20th. We thought it would be a grand act of resistance if we conceived on the day DT was inaugurated as our 45th president, but it didn't happen. On the upside, we learned a LOT: waiting on pins and needle for the UPS truck (missing the delivery and having to go pick it up at the UPS Access Point--a pool store--ugh! Thank you NWC for the unmarked packaging, truly!!), storing the dewar in the closet, naming the sperm vials Reilly, and having a certain headlamp incident--the memory of which will keep us laughing for a long time.

We just ordered round 2. We are trying to decide if we will continue with at-home insemination or try the dr. this time.

I am probably going to need help cutting back on coffee...

We are using donor 816R and just saw some other posts about him, but now I'm having trouble finding them again. Would love to keep in touch. Glad for the support and advice here and for these gorgeous pictures of peoples' children!
  • Options
    NikkiB21NikkiB21 Posts: 17
    edited November -1
    Hi there. Been lurking a little while, watching and trying to learn what all the initials and terms mean. Still a little confused but thought it was time I said hello.

Nikki here. I'm 22, and single and I like it that way. I know some people think I am a little young, but I don't. I really want a baby and I think I would be a good mom, and I don't want a man in my life to have to have one. My mom is very helpful and supportive of me in this journey, and I cannot wait to conceive!

Good luck to everyone trying!
  • Options
    shardaneenicoleshardaneenicole Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hello everyone! My name is Shar and I am from Colorado! I will be ttc next week and am going to need A LOT of advice!!! Please share as much as you can, as my wife and I will be doing IUI in the comfort of our home!!
    I have been reading different topics and responses and I have learned a ton already! A lot of you are VERY INFORMATIVE!!!

Good luck to those ttc!!! Wish me luck as well!!

-Shar
  • Options
    mearlemearle Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hi my name is Mandie and about to try my second cycle of TTC through NWCryo. I am looking for any advice or tips possible from other women who have conceived using frozen vials. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!! I only purchased two vials this time, should I time the insemination at time of positive OPK and 24 hours later or 12 hours later?
  • Options
    neoangel06neoangel06 Posts: 5
    edited November -1
    Hey everyone! I'm new here. I have 2 wonderful kids and I just married my wife in May and she wants to carry a baby for us so that's why I'm here! I'm super excited and plan on buying some sperm to do an at home AI within the next few weeks.
  • Options
    redstick08redstick08 Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hi, my name is Emily, and I'm doing my 1st medicated IUI in about a week. I chose NW Cryobank because of the success at lower prices, plus the great donor sperm selection. I am 40 and looking forward to having a BFP soon!
  • Options
    2mamabirds2mamabirds Posts: 3
    edited November -1
    Hello - I am new here. My name is Lindsay and my wife's name is Hannah. We just finished our first at home ICI inseminations over the weekend, and I am officially in my first ever 2ww. Came here for support and to share my story since we're trying to keep things on the down low with our friends and family for the time being. Excited for this journey!
  • Options
    McJennyMcJenny Posts: 4
    edited November -1
    Hi Everyone!

After months of searching for the right cryobank for me, I have found the right fit! I am just beginning my donor search! Any tips for a newbie?

It's nice to meet you all!

Jenny
  • Options
    jazzfan98.1jazzfan98.1 Posts: 36
    edited November -1
    Hello!

My name is Monica! I am not a newcomer but since I rarely post! I figured I would reintroduce myself to the forum! Happy to meet everyone!
    Two hairy kids and one tortoise<3
    Hopeful SMBC
    Starting my journey in September!
    rlklm7.png
  • Options
    anthromommaanthromomma Posts: 2
    edited November -1
    My name is Kris. I have one 3 and a half year old conceived from donor sperm (4th try, IUI). I am currently trying again for a sibling for my daughter. I am also looking for more of the donor, 7425, if anyone has some for sale.
  • Options
    2HopefulMommies2HopefulMommies Posts: 172
    edited November -1
    K&C here. We are in our 2nd month TTC. I've loved reading all of the posts on this forum since we discovered NW. I hope that one day soon we can update everyone with a BFP and share our success story with those who are just starting out - the way I drooled over everyone's posts when we were first starting.
  • Options
    lashae1985lashae1985 Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hi I am lashae I'm 32 years old i have 2 step children i have no biological kids of my own but I do want to experience the life of having my own child so me and my partner of 12 years married are now looking to have a baby. Please pray for us as we are currently searing for the lucky donor.
  • Options
    samantha.marie33samantha.marie33 Posts: 5
    edited November -1
    I'm Samantha, engaged to the love of my life, Jamie. We're currently trying to build our family by adding little ones! We have a daughter (J's bonus-daughter) from my previous marriage, also donor-conceived. She's looking forward to becoming a big sister!
  • Options
    chihuahuamamachihuahuamama Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hey everyone M&N here, my wife and I have been together for nearly 4 years, been trying to conceive for the past 2 months. I've been a member before, back in 2013 when I was trying to do this on my own. I'm 35 and finally feel ready to carry a baby, we have a 9 year old daughter from my wife's previous marriage. We have 2 adorable chihuahuas and a chocolate lab puppy, and we can't wait to bring home a little human sibling for our daughter!