Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Introduce Yourself :)

Comments

• Options
    happycalmhappycalm Posts: 8
    edited November -1
    Hi, everyone.

I've been lurking for a few months and am ready to jump in. My partner and I have been ttc since November and had a chemical pregnancy in December but we had a very limited supply of sperm from our KD and are now "out" and exploring our options including getting more sperm from our KD or using sperm from a bank such as NW.

We recently moved to the Pacific NW from the east coast. It's been a great move for us and a major part of our preparations to become parents. My partner is 44 and I am 37. I am the intended carrier for our child.

We're excited to get things moving again. I'm also glad to have the folks on this forum to connect with.

Many blessings to all of you as you work make some babies. :)

Happycalm
  • Options
    TheMysticalOneTheMysticalOne Posts: 850 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've only posted on these boards a couple times, but I thought it was time for me to write a little about myself. I'm planning to ttc this spring or early summer. I've been off birth control for several months, but my cycle is still very unpredictable. I'm hoping that by the time I start trying things will begin to even out.

I am planning to move to a warmer state in the next couple months. I will be 24 at that time and the time that I'm ttc. I'm planning to be a SMBC. I've done a lot of reading and research on the topic and I've come to the conclusions that this is what I really want. I don't want to have to "settle" for someone I'm not really in love with just because I want a child. I know I can give a child good life and I can love them unconditionally. I'm also very blessed to have the support of my mother, who understands my reasoning for this.

I plan to start a daycare of my own and care for children after I move. I have a two year degree in early childhood education and lots of teaching experience with this.

I'm really looking forward to my ttc journey! I've been looking at several donors since middle of last year, so this has been a long process already! Can't wait to start trying. I'm very excited about this prospect!

Good luck to you all and babydust!!
  • Options
    JCKovacsJCKovacs Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    Everyone's children are just so beautiful! Congrats!!!

My name is Christina (28) and my partner Jenn (22) and I had decided long ago that we would go with AI. We don't have any male friends who are looking to help out (which is completely understandable) so we are turning to NW - whom I have wanted to go with for years - as soon as we're ready!

I/we are looking forward to getting to know everyone and hope that we can find comfort and friendships with some of you. :)
    us.jpg
  • Options
    D&KD&K Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hello all, I am D and my girl/wife is K. We have been together 7.5years and are hoping to be trying to conceive by March this year. We are very excited and can't wait. One question on our minds is since we are a female couple what should we have our baby call us? Any ideas or experiences anyone is willing to share is greatly appreciated. I am 25 and my girl is 24, she has been at her job for almost 4 yrs and we feel this is a good time in our lives to start a family. So very excited. Well I look forward to the whole experience.
  • Options
    LucyGooseyLucyGoosey Posts: 320
    edited November -1
    Hi. I am 33 and I am thinking of trying NWAC and becoming a SMBC. I live in the midwest currently, and I was excited to see a bank that didn't require me to get a sign off from my very conservative doctor. I have been lurking for the last few months and I have learned a bunch, but as I am getting ready to try I thought I would join. Plus I have a lot of questions!

Lu
  • Options
    emilyjeanemilyjean Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hi, I'm Emily! My husband and I have been TTC for 18 months. I have PCOS and DH has a very low sperm count. We could get pregnant with his sperm and IVF, but due to funding we're choosing to do a couple insems with a donor. We tried in January with a donor from MWSB, and got a BFN. We recently found out that bank is going to be closed indefinitely starting on February 1st, which throws a wrench in our plans. I'm disappointed as I was quite attached to the donor I chose, lol.

Last cycle we did menopur injects, which resulted in a mature follicle on CD 10, so we triggered and insemmed CD 11-12.
  • Options
    HerCharmHerCharm Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello my name is HerCharm,and I am legally married to the woman of my dreams Lucky. We have 3 beautiful kids from previous relationships..2dd ages 12 and 13,and a ds age 8. We tried once with MWSB,got pregnant on the first try and then suffered a mc..so we are back at it again this time trying NW..hope it works on the first try as well.
    Legally married the woman of my reality (June 30,2009)
    Thanks to donor 518 we have yet another girl born December 1, 2011

20121221_140715_zpse1a31b1d.jpg
  • Options
    im2tsim2ts Posts: 76
    edited November -1
    Hi I'm im2ts. I am 38 and single. I have always wanted kids but knew I couldn't. I have a surrogate to carry a baby for me. I used a known sperm donor this month. And going to use a donor from here if it doesn't work. I am in the 2ww now. Her af isn't till feb 3rd. I hope it doesn't work. He got cold feet at last minute and left early. My ts was to O on the 21st and he left on the 19th. That gives us a small chance for it to work. Ts is traditional surrogate it's her eggs and we do home insems.
    38.gif2sgn096spell.gif
    Gabrielle hopeful mommy someday!!!! RIP Donor Embryos
    Going to Prague Czeck Republic for egg donor and sperm donor cycle in Oct.
  • Options
    care&alicare&ali Posts: 362
    edited November -1
    Aloha all.. My name is Carrie and my partner of two glorious years is Alicia. I am 27 and Ali is 30 and we live on the beautiful island of Oahu. We have just begun the process of TTC and it seems to be a lot more than i anticipated. We have decided that I am to be the carrier (as I have a very strong desire to do so, while Ali does not). Our first appointment with a fertility doctor was yesterday. I have never had regular periods and was finally told yesterday that i had PCOD. So, it begins... I have looked into other banks, particularly California Cryo and Fairfax and just came upon NW. After browsing the donors, I read one and fell in love so I'm thinking this may be the place! .. for now, waiting on blood work and some other tests before we make the actual purchase. Any suggestions along the way would be greatly appreciated! the babies on here are SOOOO adorable!! can't wait to get to know some of you.. best of luck.

peace and love....
    093bbc9d-2fa9-4ee5-9cf5-b9d31af5141b_4BW.jpg
  • Options
    NikkiDanaNikkiDana Posts: 260
    edited February 2011
    I am Nikki and my DP is Dana. We have been TTC every month since August 2010 with my belly (Clomid/trigger/IUI for 4 months, Femara/trigger/IUI for 1 month, Bravelle(injectables)/trigger/double IUIs for 1 month) with no success, so we are moving on to on to my DP's belly.

This is our first month using NW, my partner's 1st attempt, and the 1st time we are trying at home ICIs. We are hoping for some luck this time around - we friggin' deserve it! ;)
    458613_4765341535381_606259581_o1.jpgvkFQm5.png
  • Options
    minnie0672minnie0672 Posts: 1,264
    edited November -1
    Hi Everyone! My name is Jen and I'm returning to the boards after being gone for about 4 years. So here is a little about me...

I made a decision about 5 years ago that I wanted to become a SMBC. I was of course hoping that "Plan A" would work and that I would find someone, fall in love and have a baby...well that didn't work so here I am :) On a drive to Las Vegas with another member of the board, I realized that I'm not the only one out there that wanted to do this. While she quickly became pregnant, I decided to wait until I was living closer to home and I had finished my Masters degree before I made any final decisions.

I tried one time at home and 3 times in the doctors office when I realized that I had anovulatory cycles and what I thought was one blocked tube. I did a few FSH cycles and one cycle on Clomid and then decided to take another break.

Still with me...well, that brings me to finishing my Masters degree, getting into a great job and a new place and here I am :) I'm using a fertility doctor and for this cycle using Clomid. I'm going to do 3 IUI cycles and then I'll be moving to IVF (pretty much because that's when insurance will kick in).

But here I am! Excited to be starting again and so happy to be here and back with this wonderful community :)
    6 IUI's resulting in BFN. 7th IUI was the fun one with pregnant...then not...then ectopic at 7 weeks...IVF #1 - miscarriage...IVF #2 miscarriage 5w6d...IVF #3 cancelled due to not growing embryos and pneumonia...IVF# 4 same old story...BFP then miscarriage...this is getting old...onto possibly Donor Egg or Donor Embryo
  • Options
    WEhopeWEhope Posts: 42
    edited November -1
    Hello, everyone.
    My partner E and I are new to NW and have had a great experience with them so far. The story that has brought us here is long, but in my lurking on this forum, I have been impressed by the community here, so I'm compelled to share and join the discussions.
    We live in Mass. and were married in 2006. In 2007, we started trying to get pregnant with ds from California Cryo. In January 2009, we were successful (9 attempts total, including some time-off to work on thyroid issues and a short lp). I was carrying (E has no desire) and generally had a healthy, easy pregnancy, with the exception of having to have a laproscopy at 27 weeks for a cyst that had caused a torsion of my right Fallopian tube. They removed the cyst and the fallopian tube and both baby and I were good.
    Like I've read of many of you on this forum, we had opted for a home birth. My water broke a few days after my due date. A long labor followed, during which our midwife missed (or ignored) some pretty serious signs that things were not okay (though she kept insisting that everything was "normal.") At one point, the baby's heart rate started to drop rapidly. I was rushed to the hospital for an emergency c-section. It was too late for our beautiful baby girl, unfortunately, and I was very unwell, having to stay in ICU for several days.
    Every day since then has been a struggle in one way or another. We have been heavily blessed by loving and supportive families and friends. As much as we love our daughter, what remains (as many of you understand) is our desire to be parents to a living child. Cali. Cryo. actually had five more vials of our daughter's donor become available right after we lost our daughter (his last vials, as he had retired) and we thought it was meant to be...but it did not work. We then identified a kd who was only available for a few months, because he was moving out of state. Three months of no success with him and...here we are.
    We feel the pain, hope and desire that comes with living our lives in the two-week increments, wanting something so badly and knowing we don't have that much control over it.
    I appreciate that NW has this forum, for all of us to get support from each other. I look forward to being part of the community.
    -W-
    FEW.jpg
    With our angel, lost 10/15/09, but always with us
  • Options
    Winged_Sea_CaribouWinged_Sea_Caribou Posts: 11
    edited November -1
    Hello there! We wanted to start by telling folks we aren't crazy people...our Winged_Sea_Caribou Username came from us just hitting the random button on Wikipedia when we couldn't come up with a proper Username. We are hoping that the pronunciation is "Wing-ED" vs. "Wing'd"...

We are currently the proud mama's of two furry babies...our dogs Roger and Eli. They are bad...they are super bad dogs. We are hoping that it is not a reflection of our parenting and that our kid turns out better. We are new to this whole process, but are excited at the possibility of becoming parents! I am currently in school to be a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner and my partner is an ED hospital social worker. We enjoy board game nights, hiking with our pups, going to the beach, and reading Harry Potter.

We are open to any advice...we are going to start trying this summer...

30467_548923665860_44900860_32215623_2159176_n.jpg

164028_564468783320_44900860_32650503_177240_n.jpg
  • Options
    beyondobsessedbeyondobsessed Posts: 804
    edited November -1
    Hello everyone! I've been reading the posts for a little over a week now, and felt like maybe I should introduce myself. I was starting to feel a little "stalker-ish"!

My husband and I will be trying for Baby #1 (and only) this month! We have our "swimmers" ordered, and will be insemming at home. At this point, we aren't using any meds or help from an RE. Our infertility is due to an irreversible vasectomy, but hopefully I'm "normal" enough to be able to conceive without problems! :)

There seems to be some great knowledge and advice on this board. I hope you all are ready to answer all of my stupid questions!

~L
    squsqusrd20120522_-6_Our+Little+Man+is.png
  • Options
    A&BbabyboundA&Bbabybound Posts: 193
    edited November -1
    Hi everyone!
    My wife (becky 34) and I Aurora 36 are new to NW but extremly excited. We started TTC a few months ago using her brothers (BIL) what we call Baby Batter but as the months passed I stopped ovulating and BIL he stopped being available when we needed him so have no moved on to frozen. And I have started to ovulate on my own again YAY me ;-).

My OB has referred me to an RE but since insurance does not cover we decided to try on our own for a few more months before visiting him. We have talked about doing acupuncture, do any of you do acu? I am on Fertility Friend also and alot of woman swear by it, so it's something I am willing to consider.

I will be the one to carry since my DW has no interest doing it, I am very motherly so excited to be the one.

Also, please tell me your story on how you decided who your donor would or will be?

We are looking at the catalogs now for next month's insemination...just curious what made you pick the baby batter you did :)

Aurora
    Me (38) TTC
    Wife of 6 years to Becky
    Oct 2011 BFN
    May 2012 BFN
    July 2012 BF?
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    1baby1day1baby1day Posts: 520
    edited November -1
    Hello all! I hope to be a SMBC soon! I recently sent my paperwork in, but have been haunting the site and forums for a while now. It's so exciting to hear of everyone's success stories. I am 35 (36 this fall) and just haven't found that special someone to spend my life with. I don't want to have to wait too much longer to become a mother. I've known that I wanted to be a mother since I was a child, my whole family thought I'd be the 1st with children even though I'm the youngest in my family. Now both of my siblings have 3 kids each, and I'm still childless! So I'm going to start TTC very soon - hopefully in the next month or two!
    ~Denise
    pic1a-1.jpg
    My baby, Stella ~ My nephew Alex and I (Denise) at Thanksgiving 2010
    10 TTC's over 15 months - all BFN
  • Options
    alp75alp75 Posts: 340
    edited November -1
    My name is Angela. My husband had a vasectomy 10 years ago but wants another child. We dont want to put a lot of money into a reversal for it to not work.. and have decided to use a sperm donor. I have children already, but was a traditional surrogate in 2006. We have both thought of having another child and decided now would be a good time to take the leap and see if it is our future to have another child. I feel bad because I am 35 and have children, and greedy I guess becasue I want one more. I know I should feel blessed with the children I have but the desire to have another has completely dominated me. I am thinking of using a sperm donor and doing an inhome insemination. I know my body pretty well so hoping that will work for me. If anyone has any iformation for me,I would be ecstatic to hear. I wish everyone luck on their journey to have children.
    angela1_16393.gif
  • Options
    tiffanykimaritiffanykimari Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    hello everyone! i'm new to NW. hoping so to be SMBC. i'm 30 and tired of waiting for the mr. right. so i'm eager to start this process and also nervous. i've kinda been stalking a lil bit, so now it's time to introduce myself. i want to wish everyone luck and hopefully we'll have some BFPs soon. i really like that these forums are very encouraging and supportive.
    tiffany
  • Options
    nellisonnellison Posts: 102
    edited November -1
    I suppose I should properly introduce myself. I'm Nicki (dark hair) and my wife is Kristina (blonde hair). I am 27, and she is 28. We have been together 4 years, and live in Michigan. We have a daughter from my previous relationship, and plan to add to our family! Our first try is actually going to be anytime in the next couple days! We are so excited and I am astounded by the amount of information I have learned about the whole process in such a short period of time from all of you lovely ladies!! Thank you all for being so kind and forward with your knowledge! Goood luck to everyone TTC!
    dads-2.jpg
    Nicki (me), Kristina (wife), and Lilah
    ttddb0b.aspx
  • Options
    LexnaniLexnani Posts: 398 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello...my name is Nani (33) and my dp is Lex (32) and I will be the one carrying. We have been together for 4 years and married for a year and half. We are originally from CA Cryobank...(very pricey). We recently found NW and have been lurking ever since...we love this forum..very different from others...feels like one big family. :) This is our first cycle and hopefully our last lol...received my smiley today yay! We are heading to the doc first thing in the morning.
  • Options
    ttc.jujubeettc.jujubee Posts: 340 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Finally introducing myself. I've been lurking on the TTC side of the forum for about 9 months, since we started searching for a sperm bank. I have found some incredible information from this forum that really has helped with our planning over the months. We are now getting ready for our first attempt, hopefully next weekend!

I am J (34), and plan to carry. My partner is D (33) who has no interest in carrying, but can't wait to be a mother. We have been together for 3 years, best friends for much longer before that.

Thanks to everyone for sharing all of your expertise and firsthand experience. You can only learn so much from reading books and articles.
  • Options
    rescuenutzrescuenutz Posts: 2
    edited February 2011
    Hi everyone! I was on this board several years ago in a past life (tompickel22) My life has changed so much in the past 3 years. My wife and I are trying again after 5 BFN's last year.

We are in the Seattle area, kind of sort of.
  • Options
    kyhome123kyhome123 Posts: 93
    edited November -1
    Hi, I am new to this board. My husband had a vasectomy after our last child. We thought we were through having children (we had four). Our youngest died tragically right before she turned two and we have decided to try and have another child. We decided to go this route instead of try for a VR. I am so nervous but ready to get started. I have paid for my vials and hope to insem. in mid March.
  • Options
    leese814leese814 Posts: 24
    edited November -1
    I'm Lisa and I'm new to this. I am using a donor because I have a daughter with a genetic disease called Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) The number 1 genetic killer of children under the age of 2. 1 in 40 carry the gene so I'm praying with all my heart that my donor does not carry the gene.

I'm thankful for everyone on here and how generous everyone is.
    nbvybc.jpg2w6ccyg.jpg

Mommy to Makenna Jolee 16 months old. Spinal Muscular Atrophy type 1
  • Options
    kimNebbykimNebby Posts: 40
    edited November -1
    Hi, we are Kim and Ebby, 39 and 46 respectively. We have been together a couple of years, married happily for over a year and are trying to expand our family to share in our love. This month was our first attempt at TTC so we're hoping for the best!
    kimNebby
  • Options
    missklvsumissklvsu Posts: 5
    edited November -1
    Hi! My name's Kari, and I'm planning on being a SMBC. I'm loving reading everyone's posts, and am encouraged to see I'm not the only one making this choice. I am 32 years old, have a good job, own my own home, and ready to be a mommy! Mr. Right hasn't come along, so I'm not waitin'! :) I met with my doctor in December, who is totally supportive, went off the pill the first of the year, and taking prenatals with extra folic acid. I'm hoping to start ttc early summer, and hope I'm starting out on the right track. Any advice on making this a positive and succesful experience is appreciated.
    Good luck to everyone!
    MebyJenny-1.jpg
  • Options
    mysweetangelmysweetangel Posts: 239
    edited March 2011
    Hello,
    My name is Ashley, I'm 23 years old. I have a daughter who is 16 months old and am trying to conceive #2. My daughter is from a failed relationship so I am going this route because I want my children to be close in age and surprisingly I enjoy being a single mom. I just placed my first order so...fingers crossed!
    Try #1 BFP at 9DPO!
    2l9f2d.jpg

2i9gzs.jpg
  • Options
    BloomingteachBloomingteach Posts: 3
    edited November -1
    I'm Elsa. 41 year old, single, high school teacher. I've known since childhood that I was destined to be a mom. But my first career kept me traveling the world. I became a teacher about 7 years ago. I've stupidly held out for Mr. Right. About 6 months ago my sweet mother passed away (a life-long teacher) and left me a tiny nest egg. I finally have a bit of 'mad money' to fulfill my life-long dream of having a child. I looked first into adopting but was astonished by the costs. I'm healthy and energetic and (hopefully) fertile. So I'll be starting IUIs with the help of a midwife in May.
  • Options
    hpflmommeez2bhpflmommeez2b Posts: 118
    edited November -1
    hello! my name is maria(22)and DP is keshialyn(25). i am new to the TTC process but well informed i believe. i am a stay at home sister. i take care of my 8 year old brother. i love him dearly. my girlfriend and i have been together for almost 2 years. we plan to start TTC #1 in august or september. we are a loving couple and want to spread that love to a child of our own!! i have had a past pregnancy @ 16 that ended in m/c. but i have no known fertility issues! so we are hoping for a qucik BFP. idk what else to say! but thanks for reading
    2qwlfcx.jpg
    ME with the glasses! DP green shirt!!!
  • Options
    ashangelashangel Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hi my name is Ashley. I am on my first round of Clomid and just ttc. I was diagnosed with PCOS about 5 years ago now am working on getting a BFP :)