Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Introduce Yourself :)

Comments

• scifimomscifimom Posts: 1,173
    edited November -1
    Hi! About a month ago I decided to become a single mother by choice. I had a miscarriage at 14 weeks and one day. This was very sad, although it did show me that I am positive I want to be a mom. At the hospital, my Dr. asked if I wanted to try again and yes I do! A previous relationship ended during the pregnancy, so I did get some experience with doing this as a single woman. I am positive I am ready to start my own family and with the amazing support of my friends and family, I can do this! My Dr. said to wait 6 weeks to start trying to conceive. So, right now I am just waiting for AF and I am ordering my first vials! I am about to be 34 so this feels like the perfect time to start, especially if I want more than one child and I do.

What amazing times we live in! I am so grateful for the opportunity to use donated sperm to create a beautiful family! I am nervous and excited about the process of AI. I am doing at-home ici to start with and will change my tactics in the future if needed. I want to be pregnant NOW, but the statistics show that with perseverance I will get pregnant eventually. This will all be more than worth it when I have a beautiful child to love. I am studying as much as I can on the subject of fertility and I'm allowing myself to have fun with the process.

This forum is so helpful to me already, thank you!
    EyNNm4.png
    zjng3tj.jpgzjngm4.png
  • NatisreadyNatisready Posts: 112
    edited November -1
    Hi my name is Natali Im 29 almost 30. Ive been waiting for the perfect guy to come around but either he doesnt exist or I am too picky.Anyway, I feel like you have your whole life to fall in love and get married but to have children its different. So I decided to try the ai. I do need help to understand how all this works. I am from Begium and live in Louisiana. Actually I was surprised how people could react very strongly one way or the other. Some support me and I know they will be there for me once the child is here and some are totally the opposite they refuse to talk to me. One of my friend even told me I was selfish because gods will is that each child has a mother and father. My answer is that I am not desperate and I do not want to marry someone so I can have children.
    Anyway, I am decided to listen to myself because I believe that the worst in life is have regrets and wonder why you didnt do something. I really wanna thank each of you because just reading your stories it makes me feel like I am doing the right choice for myself and I am not lonely in this story. Thank you for all your post. :)
    C9Wtm5.png
  • simon506simon506 Posts: 3
    edited November -1
    Hi, My name is Jacob (28) and my wife is Latoyia (30). We are on our 2nd ICI cycle. This is our 1st with NW. We used Midwest Sperm bank before but they recently closed. We are doing ICI at home. We are going to give it a couple more tries before we do IUI. We are using donor 605 now because he matched the highest.

We have some concerns that maybe the forum can help with. We live in a small Michigan town. Unfortunately there seem to be no RE's for about 65 miles or so. It is not practical for us to drive to nearby cities for RE care either (blizzards, weekends, work commute...). So how do we find a provider that will do IUI? And do it correctly and on weekends?!? I don't want to worry that they are running behind and our little vial is just precariously warming on the counter. How do we know they will be sensitive?

Does anyone do IUI at home? My only concern is getting an air bubble in the catheter. I have some medical training but I am not a nurse or doctor.

Another thing we wondered about was how many inseminations does everyone do? The first time we did 3, 12 hours apart. This time we did two at once based on bad shipping time. Is 3 overkill?

And I wondered when you all start POAS? My wife is chomping at the bit as of a week po. As of 3/14 we will be at CD 20/ 7 days post insem/ovulation.
  • sugarprincesssugarprincess Posts: 629
    edited November -1
    Wow i dont know of any other husbands that get on the board. That is awsome that you are so involved. There are lots of women who do 3 vials and lots who also do iui. If you get on the ttc page you might get more answers to your questions!! Best of luck to the two of you.
  • simon506simon506 Posts: 3
    edited November -1
    Thanks! Yes I am really happy to be involved. It is my contribution since we have to do all this work to get a baby because of me. I don't mind checking her cervix. Actually it is kind of exciting to see what changes each day will bring! She can't reach hers so I get to save the day. I will check out the TTC board again. I was hoping to find some dads or partners on here who can relate. I have some questions regarding everyones thaw-method-of-choice too.
  • PATLORI08PATLORI08 Posts: 7
    edited November -1
    Hello everyone. We are new to this board and not to sure of all the abbreviations sorry. we have a few questions if anyone could help. first can the vials go in our own freezer? sounds strange, but we did not know. One more thing what is the difference between washed and not washed. As i stated before we are new to this we have been together for 2.5 yrs and decided it is time for us to have a child of our own. any advice would help. Thanks for reading.
  • RW17RW17 Posts: 197
    edited November -1
    SIMON506, we did 3 (ICI) the month we got pregnant. You don't need 3 for IUI's though...

For thawing, I just wiped off the frost from the vial and held it in my hand until the liquid turned from white to clear (around 7 minutes or so).

PATLORDI08, no do not put it in your freezer. The freezer isn't cold enough. It needs to stay in the liquid nitrogen tank it is shipped in.
  • KKF13KKF13 Posts: 269
    edited November -1
    Hi there! I am a teacher, 36 years old becoming a SMBC. This forum is amazing- I am getting so much information! I have always wanted to be a mother and feel the time is right. I have a great supportive family and group of friends. I will do my first round of AI in July. Thanks!
    tt10f84e.aspx
  • nessandwoodnessandwood Posts: 162
    edited November -1
    I haven't ever done this before, but I am excited because I have been a lurker for awhile now! My girlfriend and I have been dating for a few years now and we are happy to be trying for the first time and hoping for a BFP within two weeks or so. My girlfriend is Vanessa (26) and I'm Vanessa (25), silly enough right. She will be ovulating hopefully on the 23rd or 22nd of this month and our sperm is on the way! We live in a very small town in Idaho and we love it here but might eventually be moving to Hawaii so I can go to doctorate school for psychology. We are both super excited about having a little bundle of joy together, and we are crossing our fingers to be one couple who kinda beats the odds and gets it on the first go! Wish us luck, because March 22nd is only a few days away!
    ttc-journey-1293343200z34z5z0z0z7z5z1z500-6-1-0.png

IMG_0663.jpg
    1/2011 thru 9/2011 = 5 BFNs, 6th -10/22/2011 BFP-ending in misscarriage at 10 wks
  • care&alicare&ali Posts: 362
    edited November -1
    @Vanessa: welcome and hi! I'm also new to the forum and I also live in Hawaii and majored in psych! What doctoral program are you looking into? My partner also plans to get her PsyD in the near future, while I have considered it as well. We have been together 2 years and this is our first attempt together as well. Good luck!
    093bbc9d-2fa9-4ee5-9cf5-b9d31af5141b_4BW.jpg
  • nessandwoodnessandwood Posts: 162
    edited November -1
    That's awesome! Small world isn't it? Well I am actually in the process of getting accepted into the Argosy program for PsyD and I think I will know in about a month or so. The school is small but it is really nice, we went down and visited about a month ago and we fell in love with everything about Hawaii! Its located into the ASB building, but it is really expensive, I will get student loans for it, but it will still be very expensive (which most PsyD programs are) but I am really excited and will be exstatic if I get in and then we are BFP as well but only time shall tell! Well good luck, hopefully you and your partner find out which road you wanna take, it did take me awhile to decide but I'm sure it will be awesome once I am in the program.
    ttc-journey-1293343200z34z5z0z0z7z5z1z500-6-1-0.png

IMG_0663.jpg
    1/2011 thru 9/2011 = 5 BFNs, 6th -10/22/2011 BFP-ending in misscarriage at 10 wks
  • care&alicare&ali Posts: 362
    edited November -1
    Yeah! A small world indeed! I also was accepted into the PsyD program at Argosy but it is CrAZy expensive! About $100k right? But, worth it in the end I'm sure. We'll see what happens with us, but I'm sure you'll love the experience at Argosy, I've heard great things about it, intense but worth it. The therapist at my job as well as our exec director are both Argosy grads as well. Good luck again!
    093bbc9d-2fa9-4ee5-9cf5-b9d31af5141b_4BW.jpg
  • solejeansolejean Posts: 344
    edited August 2011
    Hi - I am Peggy and my partner is Lydia. We have a two year old from another bank. Trying for #2. I am planning on carrying as I did with our son. I had a miscarriage in October and a BFN last month. Onto a new donor and now in the dreaded TWW. I am 38 almost 39 and my partner is 43. My NP is recommending Clomid plus injectables next cycle so I really hope it works this month. It's great to be able to share the journey with others going through the process. Good luck to everyone!

Update - got a BFP, but lost monoamniotic twins due to cord entanglement at 16 weeks on July 1, 2011. Hoping to try again in Octobter 2011.
    8/10 - BFP MC at 10 weeks, 2/11 BFN, 3/11 BFP (monoamniotic twins lost at 16 weeks), 10/11 BFN, 1/12 BFN, 3/12 BFN, 5/12 BFP MC at 7 weeks, 10/12 BFP chemical, 1/13 BFP chemical, 3/13 BFP chemical, 7/13 BFN, 8/13 BFP and HCG doubling normally. Level at 21 DPO at 5759. It's a girl! Due 5/8/14.
  • PIPI Posts: 1
    edited March 2011
    Hi, I am Ania and you guys are really helpful. I am 34yo , have a Mr Right with a vasectomy. I have been studying my whole life and is time for me to start my own family. Thank you :)
    Convencion2009455-1.jpg
  • angelmommyangelmommy Posts: 282
    edited November -1
    Hi I am Heather. I am 34 and my dh is 48 - he had a vasectomy before we met. We already have a 10yo that was conceived through IUI/donor and are now hoping for another. I also have PCOS. I have just started a gonal-f cycle for the first time :) Nice to meet everyone here!
    35 - PCOS/DH vasectomy
    Two wonderful boys - 15 and 10
    One beautiful DD in Heaven (10/29/97-9/16/98)
    One angel baby - m/c 10/2003
    TTC 9/2007-9/2008 - BFN's, March, April, June, July & Aug 2011 medicated - BFN
    Taking a mental health break until Oct.
  • DesertSunsetsDesertSunsets Posts: 52
    edited November -1
    Hello!

My partner (T) and I (A) are both 24, going to start TTC in June! We have been together for six years, married for two and a half, and are ready to add our first child to the family! DP will be carrying first, then the plan is for me to carry our second child. We will be starting with at-home inseminations and hoping to get lucky in our first few months.

So excited to be using NorthWest and joining this lovely group of people! Best of luck to everyone on the journey to conception.
    My wife and I are expecting our first in the end of August, 2012!
    ttc9dbc.aspx
  • lisaamberlisaamber Posts: 31
    edited November -1
    Hi we are Amber and Lisa and are new to this whole process but are jumping in with both feet. On March 27, 2011 at 9a.m we had our first IUI with Dr. assistance. We are super excited about having a baby togehter one day. Since we really had no idea how this whole process worked, we were happy to have found this forum, it has been helpful for us.
    We live in Missoula, MT. where Amber (33) is employed as a CNA at an assisted living home, with plans to go back to college in the fall to pursue a degree in addiction counseling. This will be baby#1 for Amber:) and can hardly wait to be a mommy:) Lisa (41) is a special education teacher and in the process of getting my masters in teacher of the visually impaired. I've got 3 children; 2 girls 18yrs and 16yrs, and a son who is 14.
    We look forward to getting to know all of you.
  • Ent9Ent9 Posts: 215
    edited November -1
    Hi everyone! My name is Elle. My partner and I have decided to become parents hopefully next year. I want to do it now but have decided to wait. We (I) have been researching and reading everything I can find on babies, conception and everything in between. I will be the one to carry as my partner has no wish to. I'm nervous to carry but I believe I am strong enough to :) I have never been around babies EVER and of all of my 9 siblings, none have children and have no desire to be parents. Will be very interesting to say the least! I had already decided on another donor at another cryobank, but they are VERY expensive and none of the people on the bulletin are very friendly. I can't believe I found this forum. Everyone seems so nice and helpful and I know I will have alot of questions lol. I am 26 yrs. old and partner is 32. I hope to meet and chat with you all. Good luck to you all on this amazing journey.
    8ft9hgcbx.png
  • mommanmommyluvmommanmommyluv Posts: 96
    edited March 2011
    Hello ladies my name is Charday and my fiance is Janell, her and I have been together for almost four years now and want more than anything to concieve. We will be trying for the first time in April or may, we have narrowed it down to two donors (not easy) and are counting down the days, We have sooo much love to give and we have so much support from family and friends, I (Charday) will be carrying, my fiance wouldn't dare lol more fun for me!!!!! We look foward to chating with u all and I am very excited to share this journey!!!! Good luck ladies!!!
  • BooAnn2011BooAnn2011 Posts: 894
    edited November -1
    Hi Everyone! I'm BooAnn2011 from Upstate NY. I'm 38 & single. I have decided to answer my biological clock finally... it's been ticking for a long time. I waited and waited to find a long lasting relationship with someone who was ready to start a family and it never happened. So I am taking the ball in my court and making my dreams come true. I'm so excited to actually be starting this journey. I have a lot of support from my family and friends, but I look forward to having support from all you wonderful people on here that have been through the process. I feel lucky to have found NW. I had been lurking around here for a few months and after reading some of the posts and seeing how supportive you all are for each other is incredible! I hope to be blessed with a healthy pregnancy soon!
  • SamiD08SamiD08 Posts: 38
    edited November -1
    Hello there, my name is Sami and I'm new to the forum but I've been researching on this sight for a few months. My wife, Stephanie, and I have been together for a year and 3 months, and married for just about 9 months. Seems like we moved quick, I know, but we have known each other for 7 years but lost touch. We reconnected and everything just fell into place from there. Steph has 2 kids from previous relationships, Jarrod (7) and Jaedyn (2 1/2). We recently made the decision to have another baby, since I would like to have one. We are actually planning on TTC next weekend. We have purchased all the supplies (from this site) for insemination at home, as well as the sperm-shipper kit since we had a very good friend volunteer to donate for us. Problem is, he lives in Idaho with his wife (my best friend) and 2 beautiful daughters while we live in Oregon. We haven't done this before (this way) so it is going to be a new experience for both of us. Hopefully it works out, wish us luck!
  • hopeful-in-seattlehopeful-in-seattle Posts: 416
    edited November -1
    Hello! I've been following the TTC forum for a month or so. I'm 32 and DP is 33. We have been together for 11 years, and are happily (but not legally) married. We considered a wide range of options for creating our family, and ultimately settled on AI with an unknown donor. Cycles 1 and 2 were in Oct & Nov 2010, and unsuccessful (@ home ICI and in office IUI). We weren't thrilled with the bank we were using (Fairfax Cryobank) and had heard great things about NWAC. We have been really happy with their services so far. Attempt #3 was this month, and now we are in the dreaded two week wait period. We are lucky to have a very supportive network of family and friends who are dying for us to have our first child. We've found Stephanie Brill's book really helpful in planning our pregnancy, and I'd highly recommend it to other same sex couples who are TTC.
    Thanks for all the support we've received so far. This forum is really helpful to newbies.
    AK
    #1 ICI-BFN #2 IUI-BFN #3 IUI-BFN #4 ICI-BFN; #5 IUI-BFN; #6 IUI-BFN; #7-no follie; #8 IUI-BFN; #9 IUI-BFN; #10 IUI-BFN; #11 ICI, fresh-BFN; #12 ICI, fresh-BFN; #13 ICI, fresh-BFN; #14-cysts; #15 ICI fresh-BFN; #16 inj+IUI-BFN; #17 inj+IUI-BFN; #18 inj+IUI-BFN; #19-cyst; #20 IVF=BFP
    tt17cb29.aspx
  • MO&KQMO&KQ Posts: 2
    edited November -1
    Hello! We are Maureen & Keyne from STL. We have been together for 4 years & started trying for a baby about 9 months ago. I tried first but have been diagnosed with PCOD & diabetes while Maureen is healthy as a horse so now she is the lucky one. We are on try #3 & test on Sunday. We originally started with Midwest & were guided to NW with help from PARINTS fertility in STL. This whole journey has been ummmm, good & bad I guess. It's sad to me that I won't know the feeling of being prego or having a baby, but atleast I will know the joy of motherhood. (hopefully) Maureen said she never wanted children until we were together for about 2 years and knew it was for us. We decided to buy a house so we would be ready once the baby got here so now we just need the baby! I'll let you all know how it goes Sunday.

ps I am running my 1st full marathon on Sunday & hopefully Maureen will have good news for me to give me that 2nd wind at mile 20!

Keyne & Maureen
  • em'smomsem'smoms Posts: 1,439
    edited November -1
    Hi everyone! I am Rebecca (brunette) and my partner is Jacque. We have been together for 8 years and were blessed with a beautiful daughter, Emilee in 2007. Jacque doesn't have interest in carrying so I carried Emilee (got pregnant on our second IUI attempt) and plan to carry our second as well. I am 36, she is 42. We live in New Mexico but all of my family is in New Jersey so not sure if we will stay here long term. We both have supportive families and are hoping to get pregnant quickly with a sibling for Emilee. We have decided that if it doesn't happen after 3 attempts we will accept and be happy with an only child. Love having this forum to read others journeys and to post comments and questions! Good luck to everyone!
  • lulumagoolulumagoo Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hi all, my wife and I will be trying next week. We live in Boston and have been on the ttc-journey off and on since Jan '09 and have worked with CCB and a known donor. We're most excited about the newest donor we've chosen at NW. We have no other children and are more than ready for this time to stick! I've looked over the forums all week and love the community here. Good luck everyone!
  • AshleyDAshleyD Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hi,

New to the board. Excited about becoming a single mom and scared silly about parenthood and all that will mean, but I know in my bones and heart that it's time. Will be doing ICI at home in a couple weeks. Beltane conveniently coincides. So, I'm leaping!

Good luck all!
  • destinydestiny Posts: 723 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Hello everyone I've been on the boards since Feburary, never really introduced my self. I'm Kia age 23 turning 24 in a week ! (in the rainbow colored t-shirt) My DP Mia age 30 ( in the red and black) have been together about 6 years and we are so inlove and ready to start our own family despite the negative responses on my side of the family...... they'll come around. We live in Texas and cant imagine living anywhere else I'm really close to my family. I have a degree in healthcare administration. I work as administrative assistant for a facility for the criminally insane/and specials needs. We recently tried in Feburary using one vial and resulted in a BFN and anxious to try again this May with two vials.
    KZNUm6.png
  • Ms.KateMs.Kate Posts: 1,216
    edited November -1
    Hi! : )
    This is my first time TTC. I am a 26 y.o. and my DH is 45. He had a vascetomy 14 years ago. We have chosen to go this route due to the high cost of reversal and low success rates of pregnancy after 10 + years post-op. He is very supportive of our choice and we are embarking on this journey together. I am very thankful for that because my mother passed away recently and she would have been the one with whom I would have also been sharing all the ins and outs of this process...

We tried ICI on 4/20 and 4/21. Now I am anxiously awaiting, and paying such close attention to my body it is ridiculous!!! Anyway, good luck to all of you, I wish you all BFP!!

-Kate
  • fiveminutesfiveminutes Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    I've been lurking here off and on for a couple of months, so figured I would post. My partner and I will be TTC #1 starting in October, this way, I would be done with school by the time the bub would be born, if I was lucky enough to get pregnant the first try. I'm 27, almost 28 and my DP is 23, so I will be carrying first. We are also a bi-national couple, oh the joys of that....I kind of look at it for when I was in the military, and I was away from my family for months at a time, if I could do it then, I can do it now. Luckily we manage to see each other every month, so it's not too bad. Right now, I'm just charting, and reading and getting ready, and narrowing down the donors. I'll possibly mainly lurk until we begin to actively TTC, but I'm sure I'll pop around every once in a while. Looking forward to getting to know the great people on this site!
  • thmp3375thmp3375 Posts: 73
    edited November -1
    Hi My name is Christy and my DP Alicia and I are doing our first ttc cycle in May. We've been together for over 7 years and decided it was time to try for a family. We live in Tennessee and have been here our whole lives. I'm so nervous and excited it seems to be all I can think about! I hope so bad that it works out for us we want a family so bad!! Good Luck To All and LOTS of BABY DUST To YOU!
    ttc-journey-1312520400z32z5z0z7z15z21z0z50-2-1-0.png