Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Anyone else need a vent post? :)

KariKari Posts: 1,765
edited August 2015 in Parenting and Life
I've thought many times this week that I needed to vent, like when THAT mom on FB is always posting about her daily 3-mile run, going out to get her weekly pedicure, hitting the bar with half a dozen friends, dining out the following night with her husband, and seven different posts about winning concert tickets (with airfare, accommodations, and backstage VIP passes) because apparently the first 6 didn't garner enough likes. Meanwhile I haven't gone out in months, which is good because the refrigerator broke last week, the washing machine this week, and I paid out $850 in car repairs earlier this month. Plus, I'm always wondering what her three kids are doing while she's out having fun every other night. And why is her house always impeccable?!?

Or, when my sister - who couldn't get credit to co-sign her daughter's college loan so she asked me to - showed up at my house two days ago with a new (used) car and told me her husband just bought a new computer. They cashed in his retirement fund to "pay off credit card debt to increase their credit score for next year." The cost of the car equaled the loan her daughter took out for college using my credit score.

And then today, I've been working my @$$ off all day and Justin wants me to dig a fire pit for tonight. I'm on the 4th load of laundry, spent the morning baking and doing dishes, went to the recycling center and hardware store, packed up an eBay shipment, and have been cleaning the car and car seats for the past hour. So when I tell him I'm too busy to do it today, he tells me I never do anything . . . while he's sitting on the couch watching tv. Ugh.

Anyone else need to vent? Sometimes it's therapeutic just to say it, and I know it isn't always safe to do that around friends and more public online spaces. I feel better already. So what's going on with you?
100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
r9vOm4.png
Ri4Gm4.png

Comments

• Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We just sent a letter to the landlord informing him that we are withholding rent due to nearly 40 days with no fridge. The same day we hear from a realtor that they are listing the house next week and when would be good for open house and showings.. If/when it sells we have 90 days to move.
    We are getting two exchange students tomorrow and the income from that would've paid for ivf, but instead it looks like it will pay for moving. Lucky us. We are busting @ss to clean the house so it's nice for them, which could help it sell faster, which sucks for us. :(
    Meanwhile my car moans, I have no idea why.. Our babysitter left for college, we haven't paid preschool tuition yet, and H's boss wants to cut back her hours.
    Oh, and a few weeks ago I broke out in full body hives that the dr says are likely stress induced, so I need to go and get a total allergy work up. Yipee!
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    I'm afraid if I type it all out I will start my Sunday in a very bad mood. And I can't really afford to do that because I have so much to get done today!

Hope things start looking up for both of you!
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    TxMoms2BTxMoms2B Posts: 532
    edited November -1
    I'm really struggling with the thought of expanding our family. Financial independence is within our fingertips (18 months away), and the idea of "starting over" again literally makes me cringe. But then my wife, who was not as gung-ho as I was for baby making the first time around, is very much interested in it now. On top of that our son constantly asks for a brother, and plays so well (gentle and caring...in almost a teaching manner) with little ones we encounter at parks and play spaces. We have 3 attempts left with our donor and I feel like I owe it to them to try, but I feel like if we try they need to be doc assisted since we blew threw 7 attempts about a year ago with no luck. Is it bad that I cant decide which scenario I like better??? Having another baby or having an extra $2k a month (the cost of daycare+student loan payments that will end soon).
  • Options
    KariKari Posts: 1,765
    edited November -1
    Yeah, babybaby, I miss being able to get out and experience some culture . . . or even just go to the gym or get a haircut. I used to go to the gym several days a week, hang out with co-workers after work, go to friends' houses for dinner and play cards afterward, catch a movie, go out to eat, etc. My current co-workers are always getting together and doing stuff, and I've become that person they don't even bother asking anymore because they just know I can't come. It's definitely a different lifestyle and I do get jealous when I see other people with kids my age getting out several times a day to do things all by themselves. I don't have a clue how they do it. At the same time, I feel like my kids are only going to be kids so long, and I want to be there to share their childhood with them, you know? But I do feel like "dinner and a movie" has become homemade pizza and goldfish crackers with the latest cartoon from Redbox or Netflix when I'm craving a Chinese buffet and an off-Broadway musical.
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png