Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Crazy cycles

mre.phdmre.phd Posts: 62
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Since I was told to stop trying by my RE after my last medicated IUI in May, my cycles have been super short (between 18-20 days). My normal is 26 days with a LP of 14 days. Now it's between 6-8. I'm not trying anymore, but has anyone else had this after stopping medicated cycles?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I'm 40. Could this be due to perimenopause? I have a GYN appointment later this month.
  • Options
    grovehill123grovehill123 Posts: 404
    edited September 2015
    When you were on your medicated cycles , did the cycle go very fast, like fast ovulation? I know I am 22 days with the medications, 25 on a good month. Before taking it was 28-29, so maybe it takes a few months to leave your system? I am 45, and it shorted by 2 days only naturally. I wouldn't think it would be that short that quick, but I guess it depends on how long you were trying.In my case I only introduced meds into the mix in May.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    On meds, I still had a 26 day cycle with O on cd 12. That was my norm before meds and while on them. I only was able to try medicated cycles for 3 months (March, April, May).
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That is weird that it would be going that quick then. With the peri menopause issue, I was always told your female workings is from your mother's side- do you know how early the change occurred on your mom's side? Just another thought...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My mother had a hysterectomy in her 40s due to cancer and my sister had one in her 30s. I have no other female relatives to ask.
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    I used to have a very predictable 29 day cycle but I was ovulating sometimes as early as day 10...had to step out a couple years. When I started tracking again I have gone to 31 day cycles with ovulation day 14 or 15...weird. Anxious to see what happens after this miscarriage. I plan to try again but not for a couple more cycles.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Now I have signs of ovulation again. I had signs and was confident in a normal for me cd 12 ovulation based on those signs, but now the opk is darkening again and I have ewcm again. What is going on with my body?? It's cd 17.
  • Options
    ljimpey86ljimpey86 Posts: 387
    edited September 2015
    Did you do an insem earlier in the month? I know it's not super reliable but you can get a positive opk if you are pregnant.
    Wife to DH with hypopitutarism and azoospermia
    TTC~
    Try #1 ICI 8/15 -BFN
    Try #2 ICI & IUI 9/15 -BFP!

Abbigail Helen born 6/5/2016 7lb6oz
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No, definitely not pregnant. Didn't try this month.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sorry if that last post was abrupt!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Verdict is in. It's perimenopause! I'm now on birth control pills to help regulate my cycle.

I thought I had made peace with my TTC journey ending a few months ago, but this perimenopause business really stings quite a bit. It really is over.

I also got some bad news regarding fostering/adoption (I was open to either). Apparently, the case worker with whom I spoke said I was a "poor candidate" and likely to be rejected.

I won't be a mom. And that totally sucks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm sorry you are going through this. It would suck absolutely. I would be considered a poor candidate I believe for adoption/fostering as well due to being single and having my mom as a dependent. I am 45. The path I am taking is embryo donation... have you considered that? Its much cheaper than traditional egg donation or IVF, the child is not biological however you are the mother in this situation. It took me some time to be okay with going in this direction. If you are at all interested pm me. I wish you the best, its not always the journey we plan.
  • Options
    Mommy2016Mommy2016 Posts: 1,037
    edited November -1
    I'm sorry. I know that is hard news to hear. Is there anything they could do to possibly help you get pregnant inspite of the perimenopause? I know at my age, that news is one of my biggest fears too. *hugs*
    Luca Gabriel was born 10/25/17 at 34 weeks, due to PROM. He's healthy and perfect! I'm in love!
    5/2015-BFN 6/2015-Chemical 8/2015-BFN 10/2015-BFN 12/2015-BFP (miscarriage)
    2/2016-BFN 4/2016-BFN 7/2016-BFN 10/2016-BFN 11/2016-BFN 12/2016-BFN 3/2017-BFP!!!
    IXn6m5.png