Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Our new BFP!

2texasmoms2texasmoms Posts: 299 ✭✭
edited November -1 in BFP Database
So excited to be reporting a new BFP!

This was our third attempt, at-home insemination with 1 ICI vial. This whole cycle was very odd.

I had EWCM starting on day 12, as my usual. On day 16, I was expecting a +OPK but still didn't have one, when I started to feel very strong, undeniable ovulation pains in the afternoon. My cervix felt high and soft, so at around 10pm that night, we went for it, even without the +OPK. I was nervous doing this, but it all worked out. It was GREAT to be able to just go to sleep right after insemination, and I think that helped. I continued to have EWCM for another day or two after insemination, so worried a bit that we had jumped the gun a little. Just kept reminding myself of those unmistakable O pains!

Fertility aids used:
Grapefruit juice in the AM, from period through ovulation
Pineapple slices, with core, from ovulation through BFP
Took some Mucinex in the days leading up to ovulation (to promote CM)
Took FertilAid and FertileCM from period through ovulation
Used Pre-Seed for insemination

BFP at 12dpo!!!

Comments

• Options
    ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited November -1
    Congratulations! H&H 9 months.
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT
  • Options
    2mommies70782mommies7078 Posts: 74
    edited November -1
    That's awesome! Congrats :-) can you please pass some of your good luck baby vibes my way. We are trying our 9th try in about two weeks.
    Do you mind if I ask your age? I'm 37.
    39 TTC baby # 1 for 4 years. Starting IVF in January.
  • Options
    ljimpey86ljimpey86 Posts: 387
    edited November -1
    Congrats!
    Wife to DH with hypopitutarism and azoospermia
    TTC~
    Try #1 ICI 8/15 -BFN
    Try #2 ICI & IUI 9/15 -BFP!

Abbigail Helen born 6/5/2016 7lb6oz
  • Options
    NwblondemommaNwblondemomma Posts: 75
    edited November -1
    Congrats hope I get the same luck this month!
    TTC
    ICI 1/15 - BFN
    ICI 9/15 - BFN
    ICI 5/16 - BFN