Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

5-6 weeks ultrasound. please tell me if you had one UPDATE

tinydancertinydancer Posts: 1,210
edited October 2015 in Pregnancy and Babies
I opted for one today because I am not feeling pregnant other than a larger uterus and Im 25dpo. with + tests but last I took a few days back was not darker than the control and that worried me.

My ultrasound today showed a fluffy uterus, intact luteal cyst, gestational sac, no baby, no yolk sac. I also have a bleed on the other side of my uterus which they said could have been a twin or just a bleed.
I had pink spotting with dark threads one day last week. also not my norm.
I have not had any cramps that I can tell, altho last Friday I had a heaviness which made me feel like I was 10 weeks along. yet Ive lost 4 lbs cause I am not hungry

anyway the point... Im looking for others who have had early scans and can reassure me or... not.

UPDATE: heartbeat seen 9/24 :) Oct 5 US shows baby had died at 6 week gestation.

Comments

• 2texasmoms2texasmoms Posts: 299 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    With my first pregnancy, my first ultrasound--around 5 weeks--did not show a baby or yolk sac. The doctor had me come back about two weeks later, and the baby was there, perfect, measuring 6 weeks 6 days. It is probably just too early. With this preganancy, I was actually really surprised when I called yesterday and they scheduled me for 6 weeks on the nose, because I was assuming they'd want to see me closer to 7 weeks.
  • tinydancertinydancer Posts: 1,210
    edited November -1
    ahhh, thank you for posting that. Did you have any symptoms with the 1st baby or around your US scan?
  • abbyabby Posts: 237
    edited November -1
    Is this your first bfp? I don't know what the "norm" is but I did not feel pregnant in the first several weeks of pregnancy. I had no symptoms at all so it was hard to believe that I was actually pregnant. I'd say if you don't feel like eating, that's probably a good sign. I'm sure you're fine but I can't wait for an update!
  • 2texasmoms2texasmoms Posts: 299 ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    I would say the nausea and vomiting probably kicked in around 6 or 7 weeks.
    edited September 2015
    for me nausea typically starts before the + test. I have had about 12 pregnancies thus far and several live, older children already.
    Ive known I was pregnant over 2 weeks now and there is no reminder that Im indeed pregnant besides no bleeding but Im on progesterone so that can halt it. I dont even have my typical growing cramps.
    In the past if my symptoms stopped, I had indeed lost baby, hence the reason for the ultrasound. I have another next week. I dont usually do them but I dont want to stay on meds and grow products of conception but no baby cause the miscarriage loss is worse for me with heavy bleeding and recovery.
    edited November -1
    well I started to feel ill over the weekend but that could have just been stress...
    I went in for the scan yesterday and now Im 6 weeks 2 days and my gestational sac only measured 5 weeks 5 days and no baby seen. only a sac. my uterus has grown but the fear is blighted ovum. pregnancy blood test wont rule it out since you grow everything but a baby so your levels can still be high or double.

My personal hell. so one more scan tomorrow via vaginal and Im pretty sure if I dont see a heartbeat I will stop my meds. I am positive on the day I ovulated because I had an ultrasound to show the egg growth then I had massive painsday of release. the only way I can be at the due date she says is to go off implantation pain and then I get the same due date. but still... why no fetal pole seen?
    I had to of implanted right away tho cause the sac is at the very top of my fundus. I also got a + at 9dpo.
  • blkbrd3blkbrd3 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm sorry you're going through this. It's so unfair and wrong.
  • merryshannonmerryshannon Posts: 503
    edited November -1
    I'm so sorry. :( What a miserable time of not-knowing. I hope you're able to get resolution and answers soon <3
    2ekr8s1.jpg
    Early ovarian failure. 4 failed ICIs, 6 failed IUIs. Donor Egg IVF in Greece: IVF#1 12/2014 - BFP, miscarried at 6WK3D. IVF #2 4/2015 - BFN. IVF#3 7/2015 - BFP. Baby boy Searc born 4/8/16 - 9lbs, 2 oz <3

TTC Blog
    edited November -1
    well I have a wonderful update for today. the ultrasound showed a baby and a heart beat :)
    heart beat just started 1-2 days ago so its 60-80 beats a minute. i measure 5 weeks 5 days. Im 6 weeks 3 days but it looks like I got pregnant with 2 and the 1st that implanted early was lost and the 2nd one took. thats the theory anyway for dates and why i was so sick and then it went away with pains and spotting. the bleed looks almost completely gone today.
  • katelmkatelm Posts: 268
    edited November -1
    Whatever the explanation, that's amazing news!! So happy to hear it!
    My amazing wife is the bedrock of our family. Three beloved foster children now in far flung places. One beautiful son born in March 2011. One amazing daughter born December 2014. We are blessed!

puzpm5.png

RIiYm4.png
  • blkbrd3blkbrd3 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    That's good news. I'm sorry for your first loss, but seeing baby number 2 there with a heart beat and everything sounds pretty magical. Congratulations.
  • flashpackerflashpacker Posts: 363
    edited November -1
    Oh wow. That is a lot of stress to go through. Sending good wishes that this little one thrives from this point :)
  • Mommy2016Mommy2016 Posts: 1,037
    edited November -1
    Great update! I hope things continue to progress well!
    Luca Gabriel was born 10/25/17 at 34 weeks, due to PROM. He's healthy and perfect! I'm in love!
    5/2015-BFN 6/2015-Chemical 8/2015-BFN 10/2015-BFN 12/2015-BFP (miscarriage)
    2/2016-BFN 4/2016-BFN 7/2016-BFN 10/2016-BFN 11/2016-BFN 12/2016-BFN 3/2017-BFP!!!
    IXn6m5.png
  • PatienceisavirtuePatienceisavirtue Posts: 777
    edited November -1
    Congrats!! I hope everthing goes well from here on out!
    tinydancer wrote:
    well I have a wonderful update for today. the ultrasound showed a baby and a heart beat :)
    heart beat just started 1-2 days ago so its 60-80 beats a minute. i measure 5 weeks 5 days. Im 6 weeks 3 days but it looks like I got pregnant with 2 and the 1st that implanted early was lost and the 2nd one took. thats the theory anyway for dates and why i was so sick and then it went away with pains and spotting. the bleed looks almost completely gone today.
    TTC #1: 1-5 BFN; 6- BFP
    TTC #2: since June 2016...
  • old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    Good turn around. I am happy for you. I hope things continue to progress on target.
  • KBthelandmanKBthelandman Posts: 71
    edited November -1
    Wonderful report! I'm glad to hear about the heartbeat. It's such good news after you having to worry about all the possible negative outcomes.
  • merryshannonmerryshannon Posts: 503
    edited November -1
    Fantastic news!! YAY!!!!! Congratulations <3
    2ekr8s1.jpg
    Early ovarian failure. 4 failed ICIs, 6 failed IUIs. Donor Egg IVF in Greece: IVF#1 12/2014 - BFP, miscarried at 6WK3D. IVF #2 4/2015 - BFN. IVF#3 7/2015 - BFP. Baby boy Searc born 4/8/16 - 9lbs, 2 oz <3

TTC Blog
  • diane&tammydiane&tammy Posts: 1,467
    edited November -1
    Great news congrats!! =D
    edited November -1
    Im 8 weeks 2 days now and woke to alot of blood. its not looking good. my uterus didnt grow, still minor to no symptoms and heaviness in pelvis. Im also on progesterone. see dr in an hr and hoping they do a scan