Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

"Out of wedlock" on paper work

roses25roses25 Posts: 567
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
Aiden has an MDT coming up through school here. He's going to qualify for speech (social schools) under the Autism category. The MDT which is the evaluation says Aiden was born out of wedlock with the help of an anomyonous donor. I'm thinking about asking that that part is removed. I'm not sure that pertenant information and I don't see him as born out of lock, but instead born to a single mother by choice. How would you feel about that the phrase "born out of wedlock" being in your child's school evaluation report? Would you ask that it be removed or edited in someway?

Carolyn
EBD822A6-1848-4872-A55B-C1ED22646371_zpsufz2fxda.jpeg
schm94df60emqyke.png
lazxi8i3cso8qa7m.png
lfngmjscscvr4zbw.png

Comments

• Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited September 2015
    I have had 19 adopted/foster child all had MDT/IEPs one time or another. NEVER have I had any statements that stated anything like that. Almost all were from single parent birth families and I am a single parent adoptive family. I would be furious. An IEP never should have on it that how he was conceived. Insist immediately that it be removed. If they have to address a single parent family then it can just say he lives with his mom and sister...the end...oh my blood is boiling for you. You are a teacher. You know that any staff member that works with him can have access to that information. As open as you may or may not be about his conception with people around you it is NOT anyone's business. On one of my children the psychologist got a little information happy about the fact my adopted son came from a mother who was a drug addict and alcoholic...I made them take it out of there and reword it.
  • Options
    MareMare Posts: 193
    edited November -1
    I'm a special education teacher and I have NEVER put "born out of wedlock" on an IEP or eval of any kind. As the parent you have the right to have things rephrased and I would be more comfortable if they put "born to a single mother by choice" as explaining his living arrangement.
    SMBC to a fun, outgoing, crazy big 7 year old boy
    TTC#2
    August 2015: BFP!!!

tt1ca64f.aspx
  • Options
    blkbrd3blkbrd3 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think I'd request a revision.
  • Options
    KariKari Posts: 1,765
    edited November -1
    Yeah, Juliet's IEP doesn't say anything like that. I would definitely ask to get it changed.
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png