Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Can't wait.

OkayBabyOkayBaby Posts: 503 ✭✭
edited September 2015 in Trying to Conceive
My wife and I decided that we simply can't wait a full cycle after our miscarriage to try again. I had a full week off work and did nothing but Google and there seems to be no proven added risk.. And potential that you could even be extra fertile. After 11 days of spotting and bleeding I think things are done, finally. Clearly we'll only go through with trying this month if I can accurately gauge ovilation, which we've already accepted we might not be able to do. Espically since those damn preg test keep coming back positive for now :/ But the possibility that we could keeps us excited.

So unlike the majority of couples who could just go at it like rabbits and hope for the best ... Has anyone here tried doing AI immediately after mc? I need a story of hope.

Comments

• Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    I have in the past...it was like my body rebooted itself...not this time...I just posted a YEAH topic because I was worried but AF finally showed up. In the past she did right away like clockwork.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I see that! I've never been jealous of someone's AF arrival before!

I'm torn because I want to wait until I get AF for the first time, so i will KNOW my timing better.. but i generally have 35/40 day cycles as it is so I just want to get back at to it if I can figure it out before the first AF shows.

TTC is like the biggest guessing and waiting game of my life! ...and with high stakes $$. We're pretty decided that we're gonna go for it if we get the right signs .. let's just hope my body cooperates for once!
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited September 2015
    My last bfp was Aug. but I miscarried. My last regular cycle had been in May. Then I got an awful stomach virus that lasted a month then I got a steroid shot for bad poison ivy all messed my cycle up. I noticed ovulation symptoms so I tested and in June I ovulated but no AF...July the same...I could see ovulation coming with LH testing strips in August so I quickly ordered sperm and when I got my positive Clearblue and Wonfo strips Aug. 7 I AIed and got pregnant. I was so afraid at my age and with what happened in June and July that I was done TTC that I wouldn't get my period back. Then a few days ago I had AF symptoms with no bleeding then last night documented everything has subsided. I was so depressed. So today I was thrilled. I will chart everything in October and hope to do a medicated cycle in November
  • Options
    stwrrstwrr Posts: 455 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just wanted to share a good story or two.. well, mixed with miscarriage, but resulting in a lasting pregnancy.

I had a miscarriage/chemical (try and get a good definition on that one.. oye). We tried the next, and got pregnant again. Unfortunately I lost that baby at 11 weeks. After that one, we waited a cycle because I just wasn't ready to try again. And it took awhile to have a normal cycle. So it was about two months from the miscarriage itself, and we tried again. That time didn't actually take, but the next try did. So out of four tries, I got pregnant three times. Despite the outcomes, that leaves me feeling really positive about the odds, you know? Those were doctor assisted IUIs with clomid (we did testing, and I otherwise don't ovulate on my own, despite all signs being perfectly normal).

So... yes -- AI immediately after miscarriage can indeed work! Even if I'd been psychologically ready after the later miscarriage, I wouldn't have known when I was ovulating that first month -- still spotting a little too sporadically, you know? So as long as you KNOW, and it feels right, go for it. I don't know if there is any more truth to the rumors of being more fertile afterwards or not; I just know that for me, I KNOW when it feels right, and when it feels right to wait. I hope you find the same surety.

~ Sandy
    407251321.jpg
  • Options
    emlklg444emlklg444 Posts: 645
    edited November -1
    My story is promising...but probably not what you want to hear... my wife & I rushed into trying to insem immediately after our 2nd miscarriage in a row... and over the next 2 cycles we ended up wasting SIX vials because I kept getting positive OPK's, but I didn't ovulate (we tracked temps too). So then we took 3 months off to track my cycle and during that time I did acupuncture & chinese herbs & various other supplements...then on our 5th try after the miscarriage we finally got a BFP and I'm now 15 weeks... praying everyday this one makes it. So I know exactly how you're feeling, how anxious you are to try... but just taking one or two cycles off to regroup & track can make a huge difference. good luck!
    1st daughter born 9/26/2013 (bfp 2nd attempt at home ICI)
    2nd daughter born 3/8/2016 (bfp after 7 attempts at home ICI, 2 miscarriages, 1 D&C)
    age 36 evtim8.png
    age 39 K8qxm7.png
  • Options
    emlklg444emlklg444 Posts: 645
    edited November -1
    My story is promising...but probably not what you want to hear... We had a miscarriage at 8 weeks, had a D & C, and then conceived again immediately after that, only to have a chemical. We rushed into trying to insem immediately after the chemical and over the next 2 cycles we ended up wasting SIX vials because I kept getting positive OPK's, but I didn't ovulate (we tracked temps too). So then we took 3 months off to track my cycle and during that time I did acupuncture & chinese herbs & various other supplements...then on our 5th try after the miscarriage we finally got a BFP and I'm now 15 weeks... praying everyday this one makes it. So I know exactly how you're feeling, how anxious you are to try... but just taking one or two cycles off to regroup & track can make a huge difference. good luck!
    1st daughter born 9/26/2013 (bfp 2nd attempt at home ICI)
    2nd daughter born 3/8/2016 (bfp after 7 attempts at home ICI, 2 miscarriages, 1 D&C)
    age 36 evtim8.png
    age 39 K8qxm7.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I appreciate you sharing your story. If I could track my cycle where I was confident ovulation was going to happen we would be trying straight away before first AF, unfortunately, and pretty predictably I don't think I can time things well enough to risk potentially wasting all that money. Unless some kind of miraculous sign happens we'll wait until after the first AF and presume everything will go back to mostly normal. (It's odd how I won't let that just small glimmer of hope go, even though logically I know it won't happen)
    It's frustrating to know your body, and then it becomes totally unrecognizable. I read stories of women whos miscarriage completely changed their cycle, cycles of an-ovulation, etc so I can only hope for the best.
    In other news .. the HPTs are FINALLY starting to get significantly fainter .. so I know- we'll be back at it in no time.