Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Dumb question

kelleymelkelleymel Posts: 1,402
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
I should know this. My daughter has outgrown her Graco click connect car seat. We already have a base in each car, so I prefer to now have to buy more of them. When I am looking at car seats, if it says "Graco Click Connect 40", does that mean it will last until she is 40 lbs?
TTC #1: BFP Cycle #11 IVF (2014)
TTC #2: IVF April 2017
BFP: FET Due February 2018

Comments

• hopeful2014hopeful2014 Posts: 428
    edited September 2015
    Is the Click Connect 40 an infant bucket seat? I'd probably ditch the infant base from the old seat and transition her to a convertible carseat (you won't need the base). She'll be able to use a convertible much longer - first rear-facing, then forward-facing when she's older.

ETA - yes, when it says 40, it means up to 40 pounds. But convertible seats will have a maximum weight of much higher than that.
    35 years old - SMBC * 3 ICIs, 6 IUIs, 1 ectopic, 1 chemical, blocked left tube.
    Lucky #10 - IVF!
    Two sweet baby girls (IVF 2015, FET 2017)
  • kelleymelkelleymel Posts: 1,402
    edited November -1
    How do you secure the seat to the car? Is it similar to when you travel?
    TTC #1: BFP Cycle #11 IVF (2014)
    TTC #2: IVF April 2017
    BFP: FET Due February 2018
  • hopeful2014hopeful2014 Posts: 428
    edited November -1
    With a convertible, you would only need to install it once or if you were switching cars. It stays in the car all the time, so you aren't able to take part of it out with the baby in it like an infant seat. The install of the seat would be pretty similar to how you installed the base of your infant seat. You can use the seatbelt or LATCH. If you want to stick with Graco, this page will give you an idea of what the convertibles are like - http://www.gracobaby.com/products/pages/convertible-car-seats.aspx.
    35 years old - SMBC * 3 ICIs, 6 IUIs, 1 ectopic, 1 chemical, blocked left tube.
    Lucky #10 - IVF!
    Two sweet baby girls (IVF 2015, FET 2017)
  • katookatoo Posts: 324
    edited November -1
    Definitely go with a convertible. You will get way more use out of it. Also, it looks like the Graco click connect 40 has it's own unique base, so your current bases probably aren't compatible.
  • palegreenpalegreen Posts: 1,478
    edited September 2015
    I agree with others recommending to get a convertible. She will likely outgrow the infant seat by height way before the weight limit (and possibly soon too). The Graco MySize 65, Headwise 65, Size4Me 65 & Fit4Me 65 (they're all the same seat, but have different names depending on which store they're being sold in) convertible seats are very easy to install. Even easier to install are the Britax ClickTight seats. If I'd known about the ClickTight seats sooner, I'd have purchased them for all my seats! They're amazingly easy to install, but much pricier than the Graco seats.

Whichever seat you end up going with, read the manual and, if needed, search YouTube for installation vidoes for your specific seat to make sure you're comfortable with installing them yourself.
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg