Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

positive quad screen

openarmsopenarms Posts: 25
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
I had a positive quad screen. I am 36, just wondering if it was drawn to early. I was 14.2 weeks when the labs were drawn.
UUwlm8.png

Comments

• RedHeatherRedHeather Posts: 600 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The quad screen has a very high false positive rate, so I wouldn't worry about whether timing affected the results. What type of follow-up testing will you be doing? I actually skipped the quad screen and only did MaterniT21 (my insurance didn't cover either one, so I figured the more-accurate test was a better investment).

I hope your case turns out to be a false positive!
  • hopeful2014hopeful2014 Posts: 428
    edited November -1
    I think I had the quad screen later, around 16 or 17 weeks. Hopefully it's a false positive or it was drawn too early!
    35 years old - SMBC * 3 ICIs, 6 IUIs, 1 ectopic, 1 chemical, blocked left tube.
    Lucky #10 - IVF!
    Two sweet baby girls (IVF 2015, FET 2017)
  • blkbrd3blkbrd3 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    They frequently have false positives. It's time to explore your follow up options.