Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Apraxia

jaxplayers06jaxplayers06 Posts: 91
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Does anyone have any experience with apraxia? My son had a second speech evaluation today and they said he shows a lot of signs of having developmental apraxia. He wants to see him a couple more times and watch him before he sends him for tests
IMAG0298_zpsbwebgh0r.jpg
My almost 2 years old :)

Comments

• handsomecowboohandsomecowboo Posts: 284
    edited November -1
    I've worked with kids a little older with apraxia. Check out this website for the basics. http://www.asha.org/public/speech/disorders/ChildhoodApraxia/
  • mj724mj724 Posts: 118
    edited November -1
    My 3 year old son was just diagnosed with it. He received in home speech therapy since he was 18 months so as he aged his therapist was able to clearly see all the signs. He started early education through the school district in April and is doing amazing! We are going for a more in depth evaluation next Friday. Our SLP also recommended the asha website for information.
  • jaxplayers06jaxplayers06 Posts: 91
    edited November -1
    Thank you for the info my son turned 3 in July we have been battling the speech issues with the pediatrician since he was about 14-16 months and they just kept telling me he would grow out of it. So frustrating!!
    IMAG0298_zpsbwebgh0r.jpg
    My almost 2 years old :)