Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Supplements and medications

gabby1022gabby1022 Posts: 48
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
What kind of supplements and meds are you all taking? I'm older and starting to get discouraged with finances and timing so I really want to buckle down and try a few times starting in January. Is anyone taking Clomid and not being followed by a doctor?

Comments

• old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited October 2015
    Well, my local GP gives me the clomid, ovidrel and progesterone but he doesn't manage the meds or timing. He has ordered ultrasounds in the past when I needed to check things out or to give me info. on the eggs and lining. He set up lots of other tests and lots of bloodwork but all at my request. He just turns over the info. to me. All of this including office appts. purely out of pocket too. All done because I don't have much money. I was working with Sher Institute to have an IVF a couple yrs. ago but an unrelated minor surgery had complications including blood clots so they wouldn't work with me any longer. I wouldn't say this has been ideal but I have gotten PG just haven't carried any to term. It's a scary thing to do but there are places to get these meds off the internet and I did for a while before I approached my GP. If I had to do it again I would have gone to RE but I have aged out and no one would work with me. I have gotten so much info. from the women on the forum. I have made friends with a couple women off the forum who used to be on and they both went through extensive medical intervention from multiple places and passed on what they learned from their doctors.
  • gabby1022gabby1022 Posts: 48
    edited November -1
    Thank you! I haven't called an re because I'm sure my age and weight are going to be an issue.