Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Viability!

hoping4number2hoping4number2 Posts: 321
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
We have officially reached viability! At 24 weeks, baby was measuring 23w3d so I am confident he is the size of a 24 weeker now! I am so thrilled. I feel like I can breathe a bit more now. My brother and SIL had a baby last year, and he was born 16 weeks early at 24w2d. He was so tiny and fragile at 1 lb 4 oz, and I felt so sad for all of them and the pain they went through. Luckily my beautiful nephew is thriving now, at almost 18 months (size of a 9 month old though). I think a part of me felt some trauma from his birth and since this was the most recent baby in the family, I had a lot of fear about pPROM, etc. Well.... here we are! Now my next goal is 36 weeks, DS was born at 35w5d and I want this one to be a little bigger and a little healthier!
16bdg7b.jpg
Baby #1: April 2011 TTC #2 since 2014 Attempt #10 = BFP! Baby arrived January 2016

Comments

• Options
    jajumommy2000jajumommy2000 Posts: 445
    edited November -1
    Thats awesome!!! Congrats!! I know how exciting milestones are!
    Shilo 40 :( (me) Tony 44 (DH) DH Vasectomy
    1-3; 5-6 iui-BFN 4th iui-BFP!!!!! cp 4w3d 7th IUI 9/26-BFP!!!! cp 5w2dthumb.png
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    Great!
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    For me my relaxation points were 27 weeks, then 32 weeks, and at 37 weeks I was done but baby decided to hang out till 39 :-)
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    flashpackerflashpacker Posts: 363
    edited November -1
    Congrats! I'm 22 1/2 weeks now and I've noticed I'm back to week counting, just like I was counting down till the end of the 1st trimester, but this time to viability. I Googled some pics of 25 week premies a few days ago, and some stats, and it is just amazing to think that in a few weeks the baby will be as fully formed as that. I already feel like we're communicating with each other, at least to the extent of "Mom, you rolled on me, get off." haha. Zen - 27, 32, 37 seem like good points for relaxing a bit more with each one!
  • Options
    Jen727BFJen727BF Posts: 2,304
    edited November -1
    Congrats that is a great milestone!
    183190fb-4512-4f04-a781-76af2d6d42b0_zpsrvzisual.jpg
    TTC No. 2 since Aug. 2014; IVF #1 - Cxld; IVF #2 - BFN