Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

change in crying pattern?

che_aramiche_arami Posts: 787
edited October 2015 in Pregnancy and Babies
so we basically jinxed ourselves by talking about how our almost-5-month-old really never cried. it really almost never happened, maybe when he got his 2 month shots and then once after a super long car trip. but earlier this week he started crying several times a day. it's still not that much time all together, maybe a few minutes each time at most, but it's heartbreaking. he sniffles and heaves huge sighs and tears fall down. most of all it just feels like he's changed somehow! he was happy and now he is capable of being sad, angry, etc...

maybe it's a function of age and normal change. maybe it's because we are visiting the in-laws this week (a combination of a super long trip, including first airplane rides, and meeting lots of new people). maybe it'll change back and maybe it won't. I just want my baby to be happy, you know??
got our miracle BFP on first IVF after 3 years TTC. DS born may 20, 2015 after emergency cesarean. all are doing well and trying to figure out this new journey!!

Comments

• Options
    blkbrd3blkbrd3 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I totally get it. This too should pass. Right now your son should be prepping for or going through a growing spurt. Signs of this can include changes in sleeping (four month sleep regression is a thing), appetite, and disposition. Once he gets used to the changes going on he'll be right as rain.
  • Options
    801logan801logan Posts: 261 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We are going through the same thing. Our girl is going to be 5 months in a few days. She is fussy and seems sad. We also have had a lot of stimulation and new people the last few days. She is really starting to know the difference between people she sees all the time and people she doesn't. We picked my mom up from the airport after being on a 2 week trip. She sat in the back seat with her and our girl just cried and cried. Oh man I felt so bad!! She was even putting her head into the side of her car seat to try to shut her out. I had to pull over pull her out of her car seat and nurse her just to calm her down. I could have cried just seeing her like that. But it sounds like he is just in a new space with new people and is feeling overwhelmed. It's hard on them when they go through this phase. We have just been giving our girl lots of cuddles, limiting the amount of "strangers" that hold her and taking her to quiet areas when she seems overwhelmed. Hope you get your happy baby back soon. I know once we are home she is her happy self.
    S & L TTC #1
    July, Sept, Nov & Dec - All BFN
    Jan-May - Break
    June- BFP - loss @ 5 weeks
    Aug-BFN
    Sept- Dr assisted IUI- BFP @10DPI. It's a GIRL!! Our little girl was born 5/21/2015 healthy & happy!! :)
  • Options
    hoping4number2hoping4number2 Posts: 321
    edited November -1
    I believe there is a growth spurt between 4 months and 6 months. I would guess your baby may be overwhelmed by his new developments, and is learning how to accept all of the stimuli without feeling stressed. It's normal, but it is hard! Hang in there!
    16bdg7b.jpg
    Baby #1: April 2011 TTC #2 since 2014 Attempt #10 = BFP! Baby arrived January 2016
  • Options
    che_aramiche_arami Posts: 787
    edited November -1
    he is seeming more like his normal self during the day, which I think is because he's getting used to his new surroundings. still crying every single night for bed, though...though I'm getting the feeling its partly because he's realizing he can make those sounds and just wants to make his voice heard :) anyway we feel a little better but if this is a temporary spurt I will be very happy when it's over as I'm racing to keep up with his milk demand these days!!
    got our miracle BFP on first IVF after 3 years TTC. DS born may 20, 2015 after emergency cesarean. all are doing well and trying to figure out this new journey!!