Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

20 week scan - guess the sex?

ThisredheadThisredhead Posts: 38
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Hi everyone! Relieved to say the scare of mo/mo twins was just that....a scare. Unsure of what really happened or what was there but right now we have a healthy baby!!

We had our 20 week anatomy scan Tuesday and everything came out great. Doc asked again if we wanted to find out sex and we both had already agreed that we wouldn't. He was happy because then he is never wrong and doesn't take the time to look either. Besides baby face down and slightly back we were able to see most of what we needed to, just couldn't get a good profile shot. We received a dvd copy of the entire thing so of course we came home and watched it. While measuring the femur bone of course we were "in the area" of seeing boy vs girl.

Here is the best screen shot I could get. Some people get all upset about these pictures but I don't see the harm and to me it's fun comparing. Anyone have a guess? We are team green and I know it won't be for sure until birth but I couldn't help but ask!
image_1.jpeg
IUI #2 BFP EDD 3/7/16

Comments

• Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That looks like a girl to me!
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    hoping4number2hoping4number2 Posts: 321
    edited November -1
    Okay, so the thing at the bottom is the femur, but the thing at the top.... is that the other leg just at a weird angle? I'm wanting to guess boy, but I don't think I'm looking at the right parts. haha.
    16bdg7b.jpg
    Baby #1: April 2011 TTC #2 since 2014 Attempt #10 = BFP! Baby arrived January 2016
  • Options
    ThisredheadThisredhead Posts: 38
    edited October 2015
    Correct, the left femur is at the bottom and the right leg is at the top, bone not showing due to angle.
    IUI #2 BFP EDD 3/7/16
  • Options
    Mommy2016Mommy2016 Posts: 1,037
    edited November -1
    I have no idea, because I can never tell on these things, but congrats on the healthy baby!
    Luca Gabriel was born 10/25/17 at 34 weeks, due to PROM. He's healthy and perfect! I'm in love!
    5/2015-BFN 6/2015-Chemical 8/2015-BFN 10/2015-BFN 12/2015-BFP (miscarriage)
    2/2016-BFN 4/2016-BFN 7/2016-BFN 10/2016-BFN 11/2016-BFN 12/2016-BFN 3/2017-BFP!!!
    IXn6m5.png