Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Being out of town for Christmas with little ones

roses25roses25 Posts: 567
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
Hi Everyone,

What would you do if you were going on vacation over Christmas break as far as Christmas presents & Santa Claus....if you wouldn't get back until the day after Christmas?

Also will airlines check booster seats, including backless ones for free just like car seats?

Carolyn
EBD822A6-1848-4872-A55B-C1ED22646371_zpsufz2fxda.jpeg
schm94df60emqyke.png
lazxi8i3cso8qa7m.png
lfngmjscscvr4zbw.png

Comments

• Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    We traveled over Christmas and I had 8 children. The kids did expect gifts so I made sure each had one small sized gift to open on Christmas day. I packed 8 unwrapped--to get through airport security-- gifts in my suitcase with wrapping paper, small scissors and tape packed too. We had a pre Christmas dinner before we left and they got a gift that day too. We kept so busy with activities they were fine without all the material things. It was great for me too I didn't have all the cooking and cleaning to do and had fun just being with my kids.
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    I would have Santa bring small and easily packed gifts to the location they will be on Christmas morning. The rest of the presents can be delivered to the house. You can tell the children that Santa also went to the house or let that be an extra surprise when they get home.
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    blkbrd3blkbrd3 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If I were out of town for Christmas and my son believed in Santa, I'd have a small gift or perhaps a stocking for December 25th. I'd also have a card from Santa saying that he understood we were traveling and wouldn't want to drag a bunch of toys and stuff around so he's going to deliver the big goods at the house after we get home.