Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

So what has happened to my sweet 3-year old?

KariKari Posts: 1,765
edited October 2015 in Parenting and Life
Juliet's personality has changed. Is this typical of 3-year olds (4 in January)? Lately she's been leaving a ton of toys, tissues, and clothing everywhere she goes when she used to be meticulously neat. She lies to me, even when she knows I'm going to follow up on her. Yesterday she told me that Miss Hannah said she could bring her tricycle to daycare, and today it was that she could have a cupcake before leaving daycare that I knew were for a fundraiser this evening. She blames others for things that go wrong with her ("See this bug bite? Brayden did that to me!"). She screams bloody murder when she doesn't get her way and throws tantrums over the littlest things (20 minutes tonight because she got ink on her hands it wouldn't wash off, and then another 5-10 minutes over a stuffy that went missing). And she has become completely boy crazy, like telling people at daycare that she's in love with random fathers and workers who show up, as well as a boy in her preschool class; and following the boys into the bathroom to see if they look like her brother. And these are only the issues the daycare has brought to my attention.

I'm really hoping this is a normal phase for kids. My other instinct is that it's a side-effect of a hormone medication she's been taking. She's taken it in the past, off and on since she was about one, but almost every day for the past 2-3 months. And she might have to be on it until puberty, so again, I'm really hoping we're just dealing with a phase.
100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
r9vOm4.png
Ri4Gm4.png

Comments

• Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    Yup. L is 4.5 and she's not my favorite person lately. The lying and the sneaking are the biggest things and totally out of control. She's gotten caught so many times that now she does something wrong and confesses as soon as we ask her so she's all proud of herself for being honest :/. She was giving the afternoon nanny a hard time a few months back about doing things she's done for ages like empty the dishwasher and put her laundry away. She rarely gives me a hard time but I seem to be the only one. She's been sneaking food, candy (sprinkles!) and vitamins! She's a total hoarder and can't for the life of her put something away. If it goes in this drawer she literally puts it 2 inches away on top of a random box. When I ask her she has weird stories and reasons behind everything. None true or even sensical. I remember A with lying and sneaking but never Kate (perhaps a mothers selective memory but I don't think so!

I'm sorry to say it has gotten much worse in the last 6 months and I don't feel like it will wrap up anytime soon! She used to be just the sweetest, most helpful little thing!
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    sara291sara291 Posts: 1,042
    edited November -1
    This sounds similar to R in some ways. He started having more noticeable issues at 3 and now at 5 it's becoming more aparent that something is going on.
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    I agree. I think she is at the age where she feels not as dependent on you and likes to do things her way. The first thing I read was way til she hits 12 or 13 then watch the changes. Enjoy the little irritating things now.