Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Licensed!

K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
We are officially approved and licensed to adopt! All of our paperwork is done and now we are just waiting for a match! We're so excited!!
GOzIm4.png
hAO7m4.png
CmQMm4.png

Comments

• Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    That is wonderful. Believe me after 8 adoptions I know how much work, time, effort and at times frustration it takes to make it this far. If you don't mind sharing...what type of child are you looking for? Newborn? I hope your wait is short and your family grows.
  • Options
    LbakerLbaker Posts: 234
    edited November -1
    Congratulations! We are in the process of looking into adoption as well. I hope your wait is short!
    4470a244-b3a2-4de4-ae57-11b81542c124_zpsdcbfdc20.jpg2ec06ca7-63d1-40da-a28d-1cb24fa3c150_zps63478b0d.jpg
    KrIUm5.png
  • Options
    michelle.malottmichelle.malott Posts: 107
    edited November -1
    That's cool! We are at the very beginning of the process of getting licensed as foster parents, with the intention of adopting. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    We aren't looking for a newborn. Someone younger than E (5), but preferably 18-30mos. No idea how long the wait will be, we're hoping short.
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    That is so exciting! I can't wait to hear you have been matched!
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    blkbrd3blkbrd3 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am so excited for you. Congratulations. I hope gotcha day comes soon.
  • Options
    michelle.malottmichelle.malott Posts: 107
    edited November -1
    Are you going through an adoption agency, or foster to adopt?
  • Options
    palegreenpalegreen Posts: 1,478
    edited November -1
    How exciting!
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg
  • Options
    babybabybabybaby Posts: 1,564
    edited November -1
    sooooooo excited for your family! your child will be blessed! :)
  • Options
    emlklg444emlklg444 Posts: 645
    edited November -1
    That's so wonderful!! Praying you get a match soon! keep us posted! ☺
    1st daughter born 9/26/2013 (bfp 2nd attempt at home ICI)
    2nd daughter born 3/8/2016 (bfp after 7 attempts at home ICI, 2 miscarriages, 1 D&C)
    age 36 evtim8.png
    age 39 K8qxm7.png
  • Options
    merilungmerilung Posts: 1,177
    edited November -1
    Amazing news!! I'd love to hear about the process sometime as we are still interested in adopting in the future if we're able to (we were told when we looked into it that we're not good candidates, but we're persistent :))
    TTC since September 2007 - 8 donor insems in 2012, all BFN. DH had varicocele repair #2 1/3/14.
    It worked! Two clomid cycles and two IUI's with injectables all BFN, on to IVF! 3dt of 2 perfect embryos on 12/15/14, BFP 7dp3dt! Frederick Lars born at 37 weeks on 8/15/15!! FET for #2 on 9/29/16 - BFP 5dp5dt!! Bertram Wilder and Mabel Moon born at 28.4 weeks on 3/29/17!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So we are doing foster to adopt. It's been a LONG process already. We initially went to an info meeting almost two years ago.
    in our state you have to do foster parenting classes, it's a series of weeks, get fingerprinted, background check, references, and have a home study. The home study was three meetings, one with each of us individually and one together. Then the worker writes up a summary of everything and it gets approved by their supervisor. After that you are free to match and it's a waiting game to find the kid for whom you would be best. When a potential match is made you go to a disclosure meeting and hear every detail of that kiddo's life to determine if it is a good match. At that point most likely it's a tough time of continued visits with bio parents and eventual court to determine what will happen on their end. You could lose the child back to them or they could lose their rights. If their rights are terminated you wait six months and then you can adopt the child.
    We learned after we started the process that there are some private agencies in our state who could potentially do the process and be your worker. We wished we would have done this rather than going through the state office as it seemed that for everyone else in our group it was much faster and more personal attention and focus.
    It has been really emotional and hard all the way around, and were hoping it turns out to be worth it!
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    sweet sunshinesweet sunshine Posts: 13
    edited November -1
    Congrat! It will be so well worth it! nothing is more rewarding than having the family you dream of!
  • Options
    Jen727BFJen727BF Posts: 2,304
    edited November -1
    Congrats! I hope it goes a lil quicker for you now.
    183190fb-4512-4f04-a781-76af2d6d42b0_zpsrvzisual.jpg
    TTC No. 2 since Aug. 2014; IVF #1 - Cxld; IVF #2 - BFN
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    Although my path to adoption was atypical, the rewards of parenting are endless. I wish you best of luck on your journey!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    tinydancertinydancer Posts: 1,210
    edited November -1
    Yay!! congrats to you :)